RS3 Build Tracker Spreadsheet

Update today... now week 3..... so 40 - 45 - 51 - 3 couple more and i'll have new lottery numbers! Maybe I'll fair better with that ;)

Similar to me. My order will be 12 months old next Friday and to celebrate I’ve got a demo RS3 for the weekend. It reminds me of a 1980’s game show quote ‘look at what you could have one’! I’m not moaning as I’m very lucky to still have a great car in my Golf R, which is quick and comfortable and done way less miles than I thought I would in nearly 4 years. If Audi cancel my order I’ll just keep it longer and maybe tune it a little.

In other news JLR have reduced production due to the chip shortage so not just Audi being affected.

I have cancelled!! Dealer wasn't bothered and said they would keep the order to sell if it ever gets built. The wife and I are gutted, but looks like a m2 is on the horizon.

Reactions: NevMan and kayemill
I have cancelled!! Dealer wasn't bothered and said they would keep the order to sell if it ever gets built. The wife and I are gutted, but looks like a m2 is on the horizon.
I will keep my order going as at the very least I want the dealer to grovel and apologize.

TX.

• Haha
Reactions: kayemill, cooperp and 8YARWY
Just had an update from my dealer. My build week has been moved forward 3 weeks from 202318 to 202315 so starting to see light at the end of the tunnel and getting a bit excited now !!

Reactions: kayemill and Jaeger12
Just had an update from my dealer. My build week has been moved forward 3 weeks from 202318 to 202315 so starting to see light at the end of the tunnel and getting a bit excited now !!
Happy Days, mine did similar this year 16/21 then 08/21, I went in mid December to alter seats to microfbre and was told they couldnt as the BW had come forward again to week 3 and spec was locked in

Reactions: DarrenFFC and kayemill
Happy Days, mine did similar this year 16/21 then 08/21, I went in mid December to alter seats to microfbre and was told they couldnt as the BW had come forward again to week 3 and spec was locked in
Yes, was thinking I will need to put my private plate on retention soon in case build week moves forward again. The retention certificate is issued immediately so can get this to the dealer quickly, but think there is a 5-6 week lead time to get a new V5 through so will need to get this in time for p/x. Nice problem to have though :yahoo:

Reactions: kayemill and Mike.46
Yes, was thinking I will need to put my private plate on retention soon in case build week moves forward again. The retention certificate is issued immediately so can get this to the dealer quickly, but think there is a 5-6 week lead time to get a new V5 through so will need to get this in time for p/x. Nice problem to have though :yahoo:
Put my plate on retention 1st week Nov, new V5 came through in 4 working days.

Reactions: Basher (Peter) and kayemill
I didn't to be fair, kept it at the same price as just a colour change and not spec

(And it's Warrington Audi)

Reactions: kayemill
Morning All,
Quite a few members cars due to be built at the end of 2022 are now being shifted right into early 2023.
@RS3ree - Carbon Saloon Kemora Grey ordered in Aug2021 has finally been built, now in Transit mode. A long 15 month wait, another few more weeks before car will be ready to be picked up.
Posting from @Rs3Dude build impact on members RS3 cars orders before the price hike in 2021, makes more and more likely as we drift into 2023.
@mpc1979 - has cancelled his order. (Will remove from list next week)
Lets continue to monitor the build progress,

Last edited:
Reactions: kayemill, Kevmoz, mb127 and 4 others
Morning All,
Quite a few members cars due to be built at the end of 2022 are now being shifted right into early 2023.
@RS3ree - Carbon Saloon Kemora Grey ordered in Aug2021 has finally been built, now in Transit mode. A long 15 month wait, another few more weeks before car will be ready to be picked up.
Posting from @Rs3Dude build impact on members RS3 cars orders before the price hike in 2021, makes more and more likely as we drift into 2023.

Mines still not reached the dealer, its been 2 weeks since it got to the UK too not helped I think by the fact that my Sales assistant is off on the sick. Had to get my dad to phone up and find out what was happening as I was on a rig in South Africa and I'd heard nothing. I'm home now though so will be chasing it over the line from now on.

Mines still not reached the dealer, its been 2 weeks since it got to the UK too not helped I think by the fact that my Sales assistant is off on the sick. Had to get my dad to phone up and find out what was happening as I was on a rig in South Africa and I'd heard nothing. I'm home now though so will be chasing it over the line from now on.
Would have thought, the sick sales persons manager, would have taken over or delegate to another Sales assistant. My old fashioned thinking.

Would have thought, the sick sales persons manager, would have taken over or delegate to another Sales assistant. My old fashioned thinking.
Yeah I thought that too, when my dad phoned the sales manager knew nothing about it, he's passed it onto another sales assistant now so things should get moving now, little frustrating as the detailer was expecting the car last week.

Update.

Spoke to my dealer today Shxtstone sorry Whetstone Audi, I am assured my car is on order, infact I'm now BW2.
Also asked how many RS3 had they received from Audi, there was no answer.

Reactions: NevMan, kayemill, RS03??? and 1 other person
Morning All,

Hi RS03, My Kemora SB Vorsprung was ordered end of Nov21, I’ve just had confirmation of build week 21, 2023.

• Wow
Reactions: kayemill, Jaeger12, RS03??? and 2 others
Had this email earlier. Seems promising. Is it a generic rubbish email or is this a step forward? I’ve heard nothing from my dealership.

Attachments

• 1EC97CCA-6D5C-4D1A-9C58-DB71F48A80B0.png
    1EC97CCA-6D5C-4D1A-9C58-DB71F48A80B0.png
    1 MB · Views: 123
Reactions: RS3ree, kayemill and RS03???
Had this email earlier. Seems promising. Is it a generic rubbish email or is this a step forward? I’ve heard nothing from my dealership.
Looks promising.. I have not seen this before.

I never received anything like that so can only be seen as positive. I would send it to dealer and ask for an update.

Reactions: RS03???
We got an in build email for the RSQ3 and it turned up just a few weeks later!

TX.

Reactions: NevMan, RS03???, RS3ree and 1 other person
No it’s legit. I got this on 18/10 then another on 24/11 to say it’s built and on its way

Reactions: NevMan, M7 and RS03???
I got this when mine went into build, sounds promising

Reactions: M7
Got a email from dealer earlier today saying " I got an updated spec for you and build. No production week yet, but the vehicle is factory accepted." this is around 9 months after order order date.

Does anyone know roughly how long from this stage it will take to go into production?

Got a email from dealer earlier today saying " I got an updated spec for you and build. No production week yet, but the vehicle is factory accepted." this is around 9 months after order order date.

Does anyone know roughly how long from this stage it will take to go into production?
Hi NathanRS3, When we placed our order in May the SE advised he had build slots for 2023, so unlike most people due to investments maturing in March we asked if he could add a delivery date to the order which he did (we did not want it to arrive no earlier than the end of March 23).
He advised this is the 1st time he had added a date as most people want delvery ASAP. In Ausust he advised our Comm Status had changed to A (assignment of a week) we still do not have a BW but we are not expecting one until the New Year.
I put a thread up a few months ago asking if anybody knew what the Comm Status codes meant, but had no replies.

@NathanRS3: maybe you should personally call your dealer and ask what they mean by a updated spec ?
As the RS3 can no longer be ordered plus reading between the lines of the official email sent out to dealers a month or so ago its 50/50 at best whether cars with no build week will be built
My dealer was doubtful my car would be built when l contacted him after hearing of this email
And for anyone getting told of build weeks well in advance ie Feb/March/April I'd take it with a pinch of salt

Saw this in auto express…
The Q6 e-tron will go into production at Audi’s Ingolstadt factory this year, which the brand is converting to an all-electric assembly line, removing the existing equipment that produces the brand’s A3 family hatch and replacing it with production facilities to accommodate the PPE platform

:bye::bye::bye: A3 and RS3, I guess now we know why they have suspended and are cancelling orders

A search results in:-
most Audi S3s are made in Germany—specifically in Ingolstadt—though a handful are manufactured at the Qingdao assembly plant in China as well.

Last edited:
:bye::bye::bye: A3 and RS3, I guess now we know why they have suspended and are cancelling orders

A search results in:-
most Audi S3s are made in Germany—specifically in Ingolstadt—though a handful are manufactured at the Qingdao assembly plant in China as well.
I can't see them stopping production of the A3/S3 as it's a huge seller for Audi where a Q6 etron will have far far less sales

I’m guessing production will just be moved elsewhere making delays more likely.
Yes indeed moved elsewhere...aint Audi one of the most transparent company to deal with... I'll never buy another because of their deceit

I imagine though they will have to start swapping lines over as the EV becomes a larger part of their sales ?

Yes indeed moved elsewhere...aint Audi one of the most transparent company to deal with... I'll never buy another because of their deceit

We shall await your “I’ve ordered a FL RS3 posts”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Daggerit
@RS03??? Car got to the dealers this week, they got it to the detailers for ceramic coating and I'll be collecting Monday

Reactions: NevMan, jaypers777, RS03??? and 5 others
Morning All,
@Joey Slats - picking up his Carbon Daytona Grey Saloon on Monday. Congrats.
@RS3ree - Carbon Saloon Kemora Grey in build - with a bit of luck, early Xmas present.
@M7 - Similar spec to @RS3ree has been informed of build in progress. May be in the same Xmas delivery schedule as @RS3ree.
@Ross1 and @cooperp their Vorsprung have been given BW almost 18months from point of order in 2021.
To summarise, quite a few members cars are being pushed into 1st half of 2023, only another few weeks to 6 months wait.
45% delivered - 65% still awaiting build.

Reactions: cooperp, kayemill, Rs3Dude and 6 others
Great news, I’ve got the we‘re starting your build email two weeks ahead of the predicted week 51, that is of course as long as they have all the parts available!

Attachments

• 3EE4CE6A-DBBD-42B1-A300-EF0E794D980F.png
    3EE4CE6A-DBBD-42B1-A300-EF0E794D980F.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 69
Reactions: RS03???, M7, Jassyo06 and 3 others