RS3 Build Tracker Spreadsheet

Neither is Turbo its the so named Voodoo...My old car its a Knat nudger away from Turbo Riviera is the R8 and fl S3 and the M4 Comp l don't like standard Audi colours now the worst ever line up since l got interested in Audi's l
I loved Sepang,Misano,Floret etc etc Daytona is more common than roadside lamp posts but still a great paint especially when in sunlight

So the pictures didn’t really answer the original question of comparing Turbo to Riviera then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So the pictures didn’t really answer the original question of comparing Turbo to Riviera then?

Your really trying my patience mate and it's intentional on your behalf.....anyway we are way off Topic As this is a build tracker thread and not a what colour is what Google will inform whats what

Last edited:
@Inspector71 they won't care as will just sell at a premium when your order arrives. Interesting that your RS3 and mine are same Spec other than my roof rails. Also interesting that your "other car" may be a 718 GTS as @Snake Pliskin is also thinking of that swap having owned his RS3 for a few months now.

TX.

not thinking mate … it’s ordered ;)
Quarter 2 2023 build.
Gotta slum it in the RS3 till then lol

• Love
Reactions: Jassyo06, kayemill, Terminator x and 1 other person
Ordered a Sportback Carbon Black Tango Red this week. Been told Qtr3 2023. Feel free to add me to tracker spreadsheet.
VW have an online tracker which is handy for updates. I don't think Audi (oddly) have the same. Do you need to call them?

Reactions: RS03???
Ordered a Sportback Carbon Black Tango Red this week. Been told Qtr3 2023. Feel free to add me to tracker spreadsheet.
VW have an online tracker which is handy for updates. I don't think Audi (oddly) have the same. Do you need to call them?
Audi used to have one, I can only assume that with all the Covid delay issues it was taken down because it just didn't have the functionality to be kept accurate. Probably no build code for 'your car is built but sat outside the factor waiting for an ECU to be fitted'. :tearsofjoy:

If you want an update you need to do as you've suggested and contact the dealership, but even that has been a bit hit or miss for updates sometimes.

Reactions: RS03???
Audi used to have one, I can only assume that with all the Covid delay issues it was taken down because it just didn't have the functionality to be kept accurate. Probably no build code for 'your car is built but sat outside the factor waiting for an ECU to be fitted'. :tearsofjoy:

If you want an update you need to do as you've suggested and contact the dealership, but even that has been a bit hit or miss for updates sometimes.
Thanks. Anyway I have mentally prepared for a long wait ahead so probably not bother trying for an update until mid 2023!

Welcome, Added to spreadsheet. As @Daggerit stated, ask your dealer to keep you updated every 3 weeks or so, with the screenshot image of the order. Some dealers do oblige.

Hi RS03??? , I ordered an RS3 Vorsprung Sportback in turbo blue on the 26th May 22, can you please add add me to the spreadsheet.
I do have a question, 3 weeks ago the Audi build system "Comm Status" on my order went to "A" which apparently means assigned but has anybody any information what the code actually means?
I visited today and my SE has six RS3's on order (all the others have BW's and some have come forward a couple of weeks) but he has told me mine is the only one he has ordered with a specific delivery date (end March 23 because I had a purchase window of 20th Mar - 18th June) but it still has no build week.
Like most I don't know if it will arrive or not, he is confident but I asked if I ordered one today, how long, around 9 months.
I visit every 4 weeks because I pass the Dealership regularly .

Just spoken with my son and he asked out of the blue if my build slot had disappeared...no l replied and asked why? He said slots that have disappeared have been given to other customers who have tirelessly complained to Audi and Porsche so build slots for Porsche customers have disappeared as well
True story l am afraid

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: RS03??? and Terminator x
Hi RS03??? , I ordered an RS3 Vorsprung Sportback in turbo blue on the 26th May 22, can you please add add me to the spreadsheet.
I do have a question, 3 weeks ago the Audi build system "Comm Status" on my order went to "A" which apparently means assigned but has anybody any information what the code actually means?
I visited today and my SE has six RS3's on order (all the others have BW's and some have come forward a couple of weeks) but he has told me mine is the only one he has ordered with a specific delivery date (end March 23 because I had a purchase window of 20th Mar - 18th June) but it still has no build week.
Like most I don't know if it will arrive or not, he is confident but I asked if I ordered one today, how long, around 9 months.
I visit every 4 weeks because I pass the Dealership regularly .
Hi @spookuk, Welcome, have added you to the list.
May be @Adam.Fleetwood could answer on what "A" means, guessing its been entered into the order system and assigned.
The Build Weeks coming forward or slipping back at this stage is totally meaningless as Audi has been so far operating a batching system based on Variant, body type and colour and not when the order was placed. Recently, one of the members here mentioned, there is also a quota per dealer coming into play in the batching profile thereby randomising it further. Surely, pure speculation on what I/We has happened so far.
What we know so far, is that dealers themselves are advised by Audi-UK when the car is actually entered the build phase or have left the factory and is on its way to the docks, really out of the blue. Not really predictable at all and being advised 9 months or Year is pure guess by the dealer as it could be sooner or later.

Reactions: kayemill and spookuk
Morning All,
Welcome again to 2 new member to this list, @spookuk (Vorsprung) and @jgs911 (Carbon) to our list.
@RSA - If you wish to be added to the list, let me know.
Good News:
3 Vorsprungs are on the way almost a year after ordering,
@Daggerit , Daytona Grey - Sportsback
@M3 Convert , Tango Red - Sportsback
@K44WMY , Daytona Grey - Saloon

Not so Good News:
@Adi7r and @Inspector71 have had their BW pulled. May be related to the post by @jassyo06 about Audi Customers who have the infinite patience to keep complaining. (May be we should start to do the same.)
Anyhow: The list

Reactions: Jay 1234, spookuk, kayemill and 4 others
Err, you couldn't be more wrong. My TTRS was Riviera Blue and it's VERY different from Turbo Blue. The latter is quite dull and frankly doesn't look all that special, whereas Riviera almost glows and is a massive head turner. I know, having owned a car in that colour I can honestly say I have never got so many compliments and heads swivelling to look at it... and that includes all the A1 and A5 turbo blue owners who see me coming the other way.
I'm very much talking about Joe Bloggs on the street though, not an enthusiast or blue paint connoisseur, as I've tried to point out previously. Just as they probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference between Nardo Grey and Kemora Grey if one drove past them.

Audi customer care is utter crap. Every time I chase for an update on my order, the salesrep doesn't respond - then I phone and he doesn't return my calls. Then I complain to the Dealership and he contacts me, usually saying he was on holiday. He's been on 'holiday' five times now (cough). His response is always with a 'what you doing bothering me' tone as well. When I told him I may have to cancel, he just said, 'you'll have to speak to my manager, but it will not be a problem'... to emails and three calls, still no response from his manager. Looks like I will just walk into the showroom and let fly. I had to do that when my TTRS got put on display in their showroom when I was waiting to get a collection date! Anyway, they'll plonk mine on the forecourt for £70k no doubt... my car was ordered before the price increase, so that'll be a ten grand mark up for anyone stupid enough to pay it.

I've sold my TTRS privately (for a rather good figure) and await my 718 GTS, which is due in 3 weeks - I ordered that two weeks BEFORE the RS3. So, I can get a Porsche quicker than a Audi Sportback... and the service from Porsche has been excellent. Like I said, I'm now looking for a delivery mileage car to replace my A45s that I use as my daily. I may even just get another Merc, it's been a very good car and has a better interior than the RS3, also dealers (not all) aren't taking the **** too much with prices. After all this, I'm not buying another Audi again, EVER.
That sounds exactly like my dealers the whole experience has been rubbish

It feels like this whole process has been laughably bad for everyone in the UK except the select few who have managed to jump into cancelled orders or something.

I really wonder how it is for other models in the UK from Audi and if they're seeing the same level of indifference and delays as the RS3's have. And the rest of the world too, it seems like many are getting cars much faster than us but maybe that's just the way it seems.

It feels like this whole process has been laughably bad for everyone in the UK except the select few who have managed to jump into cancelled orders or something.

I really wonder how it is for other models in the UK from Audi and if they're seeing the same level of indifference and delays as the RS3's have. And the rest of the world too, it seems like many are getting cars much faster than us but maybe that's just the way it seems.

There’s no way I’d have waited 12 + months for one…….

It’s a new model so wanted to enjoy one while it’s err…… new lol.

There’s no way I’d have waited 12 + months for one…….

It’s a new model so wanted to enjoy one while it’s err…… new lol.

They're still new because no-one in the UK can get their hands on them! :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

That's what I'm telling myself anyway...

They're still new because no-one in the UK can get their hands on them! :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

That's what I'm telling myself anyway...
They are very rare cars on UK roads and probably will stay that way? and to a point all RS car are
Ive only seen 2 first one was glasgow Audi's first demo Kemora sportback 10 months ago wasn't a fan at all
Then 2 weeks ago l saw a Turbo Blue Carbon saloon it looked really
great
The forth coming Problems l see for folks still waiting or just ordered is the threat of changes to the model not long after taking ownership the 8Y is coming up to 3 years old

Reactions: 8YARWY and Daggerit

No as the wife's RSQ3 turned up within 4 months of placing the order. It also still has all the kit removed from the RS3!

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Daggerit
Had mine delivered today, a day early. Excellent!

Not so excellent are all the red and yellow lights on the dash saying not to drive it and switch off the engine. AA called within an hour of delivery.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 3vans, Jassyo06 and Jaeger12
Had mine delivered today, a day early. Excellent!

Not so excellent are all the red and yellow lights on the dash saying not to drive it and switch off the engine. AA called within an hour of delivery.

Update.

Shredded alternator belt. You can’t make this up… Getting recovered to Audi in the morning so who knows when I’ll actually get to drive it.

Update.

Shredded alternator belt. You can’t make this up… Getting recovered to Audi in the morning so who knows when I’ll actually get to drive it.

Belt on back order

Belt on back order

Better not be... I'd have thought that the belt would be the same as the 8V and there would be one somewhere in the UK they could have.

Lincoln Audi also swirled up the paint washing it and also drilled the numberplate straight into the front bumper after I told them I didn't want that done. So I'm going to be asking for a lot of rectification as a result I think.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: DangerMouseUK, Southall87, RS03??? and 2 others
Update.

Sorry to read this.

How would that happen on a new car? Faulty part?

Either way, sorry that your start to ownership after all the waiting has been like this.

As for the number plate i didn't realise they would drill into the bumper! (i've got a private plate going on so i hope mine hasn't been done like that but i guess it will have! Doh!). My most recent cars have all had the number plates stuck on.

Here's hoping you get a quick resolution!

My car will be coming on Wed from Boston (part of the same group). Doesn't fill me with confidence - especially as mine is going straight to detailer.

Better not be... I'd have thought that the belt would be the same as the 8V and there would be one somewhere in the UK they could have.

Lincoln Audi also swirled up the paint washing it and also drilled the numberplate straight into the front bumper after I told them I didn't want that done. So I'm going to be asking for a lot of rectification as a result I think.

Jeeeeez. Absolute idiots.

They’ll argue that you won’t see the screw holes, but that’s besides the point, especially when you instructed them not too.

Christ it’s a lot easier to stick it on than messing around drilling.

Reactions: DangerMouseUK and Daggerit
Jeeeeez. Absolute idiots.

They’ll argue that you won’t see the screw holes, but that’s besides the point, especially when you instructed them not too.

Christ it’s a lot easier to stick it on than messing around drilling.

My argument will be that a told them I didn’t want it drilled, and when I put my private reg on it with a shorter plate they will be clearly visible.

Reactions: DangerMouseUK
My argument will be that a told them I didn’t want it drilled, and when I put my private reg on it with a shorter plate they will be clearly visible.

Did you put that request in writing though, it wouldnt be surprising if they deny being told any special details prior, sometimes a verbal request is just not enough and can be disputed.

Did you put that request in writing though, it wouldnt be surprising if they deny being told any special details prior, sometimes a verbal request is just not enough and can be disputed.

I did, made sure I put it through as an email.

Reactions: DangerMouseUK, Charlie Farley and 8YARWY
You're good to go then and they need to get it sorted to your satisfaction.
Hope you get it sorted out chap, nothing worse than a nice new car thats been messed with by the dealers.

You're good to go then and they need to get it sorted to your satisfaction.
Hope you get it sorted out chap, nothing worse than a nice new car thats been messed with by the dealers.

For sure. In all honesty I probably would’ve just sent an unhappy email, but with the car being undrivable from the point of delivery I’ve just gone for full fix because it annoyed me a lot.

And I'd insist on new parts to rectify the damage, none of this botching up filler milarchy, it left the factory undamaged and undrilled so that's how you should get it, no if or buts.

And I'd insist on new parts to rectify the damage, none of this botching up filler milarchy, it left the factory undamaged and undrilled so that's how you should get it, no if or buts.

Yeah, that’s my plan.

Reactions: Charlie Farley
Yeah, that’s my plan.
emoji1360.png

Just catching up, totally insane, apart from drilling a hole, shredded Alternator belt. Hope Audi check-out how and why.

Update.

That's disgusting and so sad to hear, hopefully you can get the issues resolved ASAP and actually enjoy your car! Its unbelievable that it would be sent out with such a major problem, how many miles are on the clock? Could it have been abused prior to delivery?
The whole Audi setup is now beyond a disgrace, I think your car was build week 28 the same as mine, unfortunately I'm still being told mine is sat at the port of Emden and has been sat there for roughly three weeks! I'm obviously now starting to think something is wrong, especially after reading the issues you are encountering, hope you get things sorted soon and you can enjoy things moving forward.

That's disgusting and so sad to hear, hopefully you can get the issues resolved ASAP and actually enjoy your car! Its unbelievable that it would be sent out with such a major problem, how many miles are on the clock? Could it have been abused prior to delivery?
The whole Audi setup is now beyond a disgrace, I think your car was build week 28 the same as mine, unfortunately I'm still being told mine is sat at the port of Emden and has been sat there for roughly three weeks! I'm obviously now starting to think something is wrong, especially after reading the issues you are encountering, hope you get things sorted soon and you can enjoy things moving forward.

There were only 44 miles on the clock, so even if we was driven like stink the whole distance I doubt it would cause a belt to get shredded.

6349756fc774540773d58868936ea112.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: RS03???, mb127 and DangerMouseUK
Just caught up on this one sorry to hear about that.

Drilling plates into the bodywork is not cool at all I hate it when they do that unless the manufacturer has already provided the mounting points.

Apparently they put the proper mount back on the rear specifically because dealers were incorrectly drilling into the rear tailgate (said my dealer).

I know we haven't seen eye to eye on a few things lately but l hope you get this sorted out ASAP nothing worse id be going berserk.....

Reactions: Daggerit and DangerMouseUK