RS3 Build Tracker Spreadsheet

Not nice to be told.
Something strange is happening on Carbon editions, while similar colour Vorsprungs are being built and being pushed out of the factory.. Very strange.

No it’s not. Would be nice to have answers, but we now that’s not going happen.

Not nice to be told.
Something strange is happening on Carbon editions, while similar colour Vorsprungs are being built and being pushed out of the factory.. Very strange.
Still no BW for me, dealer said that all their sportback RS3 orders have had their BW pulled. No idea how many they have on order. Have a feeling my order won't be with me until late 23

Dealer emailed me this morning letting me know car was shipped and should be in the UK today(sunday).
Ties in with City of Rotterdam which is due into tyne today.

Reactions: kayemill, 3vans and RS03???
Morning All,
Have around 5 Vorsprungs, 4 sportsback and 1 Saloon mix of colours are between the factory and at the dealers in Sept.
@Stratts-Sb - TuB, @Daggerit-Sb - DaG, @Real Thing-Sb - KeG, @M3 Convert-Sb - TaR, @K44WMY-Sl - DaG
Whereas Carbon and Standard editions have come to a halt or Build weeks estimated in 2023 being pulled in some instances.
Unable to speculate any reasons except, Vorsprung build was late to start so may be catch up on quotas and members being informed, almost once the cars have started build or left the factory. Therefore no schedule or build order being followed.
Anyhow, here is the link to the latest. Lets hope for more good surprise alerts to arrive.

Reactions: Schuey, Jassyo06, Jay 1234 and 6 others
Morning All,
Have around 5 Vorsprungs, 4 sportsback and 1 Saloon mix of colours are between the factory and at the dealers in Sept.
@Stratts-Sb - TuB, @Daggerit-Sb - DaG, @Real Thing-Sb - KeG, @M3 Convert-Sb - TaR, @K44WMY-Sl - DaG
Whereas Carbon and Standard editions have come to a halt or Build weeks estimated in 2023 being pulled in some instances.
Unable to speculate any reasons except, Vorsprung build was late to start so may be catch up on quotas and members being informed, almost once the cars have started build or left the factory. Therefore no schedule or build order being followed.
Anyhow, here is the link to the latest. Lets hope for more good surprise alerts to arrive.

I wonder why they are pulling some 2023 build dates surely they won’t push them back another year , perhaps the people who have lost there dates might get pulled forward , it would be good to here some of the long waiters cars getting a positive date

Reactions: Adi7r and RS03???
I Think 2 or 3 here have had their card Build Week pulled to Status Zero. Once they re-instate we may get an indication on what happens next. All in favour of Build weeks coming forward or getting that call, your cars is built and has left the factory. So far any estimate Build Weeks given when the order is placed is just a number and nothing more for RS3's.

My car was delivered to me at home on 1st Sept.
And it's taken you 12 days to tell us?! And I've missed if there were any photos? I'm sure that's just the standard operating procedures for a new car arriving? :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: 3vans and RS03???
I went in to the Audi Belfast dealership in Northern Ireland on Friday and placed an order for a white carbon black saloon with comfort&sound and adaptive suspension.
I said I want it in 12 months and was expecting to wait a year as the sales guy on the phone said it was about a year lead time. Then I went for a test drive and to place the order with a different sales guy and he said a year sounds very long, so he checked the system and said the leads are showing about 27 weeks and showed me the screen.
What do you guys think I should be expecting?
Cheers.

• Haha
Reactions: Terminator x
Ordered Kemora vorsprung saloon 24st Nov 2021, factory accepted 26th Nov... Dealer advised will have car in July 2022, build week moved up/down and then dealer confirmed build week 30. I had the Audi email in July saying its in build and nothing after that.

Dealer contacted me and advised its delayed and put on the holding list with no ETA.

Audi Uk update.
The current update on order number xxxxx for an Audi RS3 is that the vehicle is still in production line. We currently do no have an ETA of how long it will be until the vehicle is released, this is because of the vehicle not being fully completed due to the semi-conductor shortage and other key components.

• Sad
Reactions: RS03???, IanL-RS3, Gazza84 and 1 other person
Ordered Kemora vorsprung saloon 24st Nov 2021, factory accepted 26th Nov... Dealer advised will have car in July 2022, build week moved up/down and then dealer confirmed build week 30. I had the Audi email in July saying its in build and nothing after that.

Dealer contacted me and advised its delayed and put on the holding list with no ETA.

Audi Uk update.
The current update on order number xxxxx for an Audi RS3 is that the vehicle is still in production line. We currently do no have an ETA of how long it will be until the vehicle is released, this is because of the vehicle not being fully completed due to the semi-conductor shortage and other key components.
I am going through the same scenario, the car was in production in July. They referred to the car being held in "CP8 missing code"

I had build a week confirmed at week two of September... called dealer to check all good and told build week had been pulled, now back at zero... so, nearly one year since order placed and still no idea when the car will come. Dealer said it will not be this year and could be well into next year. Said current ETA for cars ordered now, up to 2 years. What an utter **** show. I am looking for a delivery mileage car to buy (not an over priced RS3) and will cancel my RS3 order when I find it. Dealer told this and did not even care...
It just goes to show the current lack of interest and professionalism from dealers. It's all honey and rainbows for them at the moment and they know they can move the cars on without issue if we pull the plug. The least they can do in this situation is show a little consideration with what their customers are going through. Professionalism and courtesy costs nothing, Audi!

@Inspector71 they won't care as will just sell at a premium when your order arrives. Interesting that your RS3 and mine are same Spec other than my roof rails. Also interesting that your "other car" may be a 718 GTS as @Snake Pliskin is also thinking of that swap having owned his RS3 for a few months now.

TX.

When did the 8y rs3 get released for the public to go and buy in dealers and when did the first uk orders come in?
also, how far in the future would the facelift to this car likely be on sale?

I had build a week confirmed at week two of September... called dealer to check all good and told build week had been pulled, now back at zero... so, nearly one year since order placed and still no idea when the car will come. Dealer said it will not be this year and could be well into next year. Said current ETA for cars ordered now, up to 2 years. What an utter **** show. I am looking for a delivery mileage car to buy (not an over priced RS3) and will cancel my RS3 order when I find it. Dealer told this and did not even care...
That is shocking. And very short-sighted.
In my day job i need to use plumbers, builders etc and since lockdown, some of them have been acting like rockstars. Taking jobs, then not turning up or bumping the quotes up saying materials have gone up when i know they haven't. But over the next few years, it's not going to be so great for those that have taken the **** and i hope it's the same for these guys who haven't looked after their customers. I mean how difficult it is to show a bit of sympathy and understanding and even fake interest. That's what makes it worse.

I realise you got in a good price but there is that vorsprung 'expected oct' for £63k on AT which means you could hold your order and sell that when it arrives and cover the extra cost. I realise there's trade risk there. But might be worth taking as there are plenty of brokers looking for cars and people like me who have more money than sense. And this will continue well into next year.

Whatever you do, hope you end up with something nice of your drive sooner rather than later. All the best.

In other news, my car (bought 2nd hand/new through a broker!) will be delivered to detailers for ceramic coating on 21st. Will give me time to get the V5C and road tax sorted.

Is it possible that Audi could just pull my order altogether? As in, they say i can have my deposit back because they can’t build it???!!!

Ive just got off the phone to Milton Keynes Audi and they’ve told me that mine is still showing 2245. Not sure i believe their sneaky ways though…

I’d prefer to have a standard colour that I like and get my car 3-6 months sooner than a ‘special’ colour just for the sake of being a little bit different. On something exotic I can understand it, but not on a fast A3 that’s already overpriced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Carbon Anchors on a Fast A3 That's already overpriced .....eh?....watch this space when you see how fast my cars .....with its paint colour

Special colour is subjective also. There’s not many on the list that actually stand out as a special colour. Apart from the purples. Most of the blues look similar to turbo for example and 99%of people will think it’s turbo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
All standard colours are either brash edging on demure and common.....you ever had an exclusive paint @A3simon and Riviera is poles apart from Turbo iv'e had both of them together outside my home

Carbon Anchors on a Fast A3 That's already overpriced .....eh?....watch this space when you see how fast my cars .....with its paint colour

Yup, they’ll keep my wheels clean, not rust, probably never need maintenance and look cool.

Watch this space when I see how fast your car does what with its paint colour?

All standard colours are either brash edging on demure and common.....you ever had an exclusive paint @A3simon and Riviera is poles apart from Turbo iv'e had both of them together outside my home

I’m sure you can tell the difference when they’re together, but see one drive past you on the road and can’t imagine anyone would be able to tell it was Riviera rather than Turbo.

I’m pretty sure @A3simon has had some exclusive colour cars in the past as well actually.

Car is provisionally booked in for delivery on Tuesday, I'm just waiting for confirmation. It will be next week at some point though.

Reactions: 3vans, Adi7r, Terminator x and 6 others
I’m sure you can tell the difference when they’re together, but see one drive past you on the road and can’t imagine anyone would be able to tell it was Riviera rather than Turbo.

I’m pretty sure @A3simon has had some exclusive colour cars in the past as well actually.

With that mentality Same as someone mistaken your Daytona RS3 for a Daytona A3 S-line....ergo

Oh, and car is now confirmed for Tuesday delivery. :)

Reactions: Jaeger12, kayemill and IanL-RS3

You have any pics of them side by side showing they are poles apart?

And yes I’ve had exclusive paint. Mica racing blue and sprint blue when it wasn’t standard.

Reactions: Daggerit
Morning All,

Maybe not matters alot but latest news is build week 41 at the earliest.
Before it was 35..so more waiting expected

• Sad
Reactions: RS03??? and kayemill
Maybe not matters alot but latest news is build week 41 at the earliest.
Before it was 35..so more waiting expected
Thanks updated, just to give you a bit of positive spin, for odd years, 41 is really week 31 so August, if the build week sticks.

You have any pics of them side by side showing they are poles apart?

And yes I’ve had exclusive paint. Mica racing blue and sprint blue when it wasn’t standard.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220915-081015_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20220915-081015_Photos.jpg
    277.7 KB · Views: 78
  • Screenshot_20220915-081049_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20220915-081049_Photos.jpg
    339.4 KB · Views: 77
  • Screenshot_20220915-080944_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20220915-080944_Photos.jpg
    308.9 KB · Views: 75
  • Screenshot_20220915-081422_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20220915-081422_Photos.jpg
    460.6 KB · Views: 78
  • Screenshot_20220915-081450_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20220915-081450_Photos.jpg
    445.8 KB · Views: 72
Reactions: 8YARWY
To any Audi enthusiast then I would happily say they looks polls apart but I like to think i’m pretty good with knowing Audi/Porsche/BMW paints.
Joe public on other hand would have a glancing look and probably think they were the same colour.
Had a Java Green S3 8P once before and wouldn’t be surprised if joe public said it looks the same as Kylami Green
That car was the reason i’d never go bold again!!!

To any Audi enthusiast then I would happily say they looks polls apart but I like to think i’m pretty good with knowing Audi/Porsche/BMW paints.
Joe public on other hand would have a glancing look and probably think they were the same colour.
Had a Java Green S3 8P once before and wouldn’t be surprised if joe public said it looks the same as Kylami Green
That car was the reason i’d never go bold again!!!
Colours are such a subjective thing but I agree that for the extra money it needs to be special. That’s why I went with Merlin Purple……..love the colour and it’s so different to anything I’ve ever seen.

Colours are such a subjective thing but I agree that for the extra money it needs to be special. That’s why I went with Merlin Purple……..love the colour and it’s so different to anything I’ve ever seen.
Merlin purple is lovely. I considered special paint on this but for the extra 3k and to be told at the time it would be a year to be built i was put off, regardless that ive been waiting a year nearly now already
Not sure what i’d have picked mind you.
San Marino Blue
Polar Blue (Dunno if this is exclusive or not)
Racing Mica Blue
Sonoma Green
Goodwood Green
They all look so amazing!

Merlin purple is lovely. I considered special paint on this but for the extra 3k and to be told at the time it would be a year to be built i was put off, regardless that ive been waiting a year nearly now already
San Marino Blue
Racing Mica Blue
Sonoma Green
Goodwood Green
Goodwood Green is a close second for me…….amazing colour. There is a guy on Instagram with one. Worth a look - ‘goodwoodgreen.RS3’

Reactions: M7
San Marino Blue
Racing Mica Blue
Sonoma Green
Goodwood Green
Again Merlin too my eyes looks brown or blackish until the sunlight hits.up here in Scotland sunlight is a rarity lol

Again Merlin too my eyes looks brown or blackish until the sunlight hits.up here in Scotland sunlight is a rarity lol
At night it does look almost black. Really changes depending on the lighting which I really like.

Thanks. Which is turbo and which is riviera? Serious question

Thanks. Which is turbo and which is riviera? Serious question

Neither is Turbo its the so named Voodoo...My old car its a Knat nudger away from Turbo Riviera is the R8 and fl S3 and the M4 Comp l don't like standard Audi colours now the worst ever line up since l got interested in Audi's l
I loved Sepang,Misano,Floret etc etc Daytona is more common than roadside lamp posts but still a great paint especially when in sunlight

Reactions: 8YARWY