RS3 Build Tracker Spreadsheet

There is a Vorsprung saloon in the UK for sale at Enkae Prestige, £76K, how are RS3s getting out to the independent dealers so fast for them to retail? I’m looking at a 13 month lead time From August 21.

Reactions: 3vans
There is a Vorsprung saloon in the UK for sale at Enkae Prestige, £76K, how are RS3s getting out to the independent dealers so fast for them to retail? I’m looking at a 13 month lead time From August 21.
Joke mate, I went down the dealers the day before books opened and place my order so it could be processed top of the list the following day, There’s lots who ordered several months after me whose cars are received and being built, Even Vorsprung’s Coming in before my carbon now,

Reactions: Schuey and Rhurs
It is amazing that Audi does not manage client expectations better. I have only received two emails from them, one confirming the order and the second advising that they were gathering all the parts needed to commence the build. I ordered a Mythos Black Vorsprung Sportsback towards the end of November and still only have an estimated delivery date from the dealer of August and no allocated build slot.
I would appreciate more regular updates from Audi, even if it is to say they still cannot provide a build week as parts are not yet available to be allocated to my build, rather than being left in the dark and having to chase the dealer who does not know anymore than me! The only upside is that it is a special car and will be worth the wait when it eventually turns up!!

Wouldn’t expect a confirmed build date any time soon. I ordered an S3 at the end of March last year and still don’t have a confirmed build date, only unconfirmed which has moved about 10 times. Also only had the 2 emails you described, all other updates were from me chasing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Wow

Lot of bungs going on I bet…..

Indie dealers overpaying then sticking 5K on top.

• Angry
Joke mate, I went down the dealers the day before books opened and place my order so it could be processed top of the list the following day, There’s lots who ordered several months after me whose cars are received and being built, Even Vorsprung’s Coming in before my carbon now,
Include me in that joke. Deposit a week before the books opened.

Reactions: Rs31981 and Jassyo06
Production can only improve guys and l am sure it will....come Spring? av lost all interest in the ordering process what will be will be, l am selling my car when it arrives...if a profit is to be made no matter the size of profit

Reactions: K96, 8YARWY, Rs31981 and 1 other person
I thought you said your son worked at the dealer where Archie H has ordered his from ?

He does, and he has!!!! Watch his last YT video from Guildford Audi. He mentions "A lovely chap called Ellis" at around 4:05 on the vid....Das ma boy!!!!! LOL
AH has order through him too!!!! LOL

Reactions: Adi7r, Mastachaz, RS03??? and 1 other person
Production can only improve guys and l am sure it will....come Spring? av lost all interest in the ordering process what will be will be, l selling my car when it arrives...if a profit is to be made no matter the size of profit
Thats the Spirit! No one's died, we are all happy (well most of us) and at least we can share our woes on here!!!!!!

Reactions: Cheifweasel, RS03??? and Jassyo06
Welcome to Audi UK!!!!! LOL

Reactions: RS03??? and Jassyo06
It is amazing that Audi does not manage client expectations better. I have only received two emails from them, one confirming the order and the second advising that they were gathering all the parts needed to commence the build. I ordered a Mythos Black Vorsprung Sportsback towards the end of November and still only have an estimated delivery date from the dealer of August and no allocated build slot.
I would appreciate more regular updates from Audi, even if it is to say they still cannot provide a build week as parts are not yet available to be allocated to my build, rather than being left in the dark and having to chase the dealer who does not know anymore than me! The only upside is that it is a special car and will be worth the wait when it eventually turns up!!
Your post did make me chuckle. My son works for Audi. I called him today asking for an update, he politely told me to **** off as he too has an RS3 on order and when build weeks are announced I will be the first to know. So basically you've no chance mate other than a generic text telling you what you already know!!!!!!

Reactions: Jassyo06
Wouldn’t expect a confirmed build date any time soon. I ordered an S3 at the end of March last year and still don’t have a confirmed build date, only unconfirmed which has moved about 10 times. Also only had the 2 emails you described, all other updates were from me chasing.

I'd be pulling my hair out waiting that long! Can only hope that the suppliers will soon have upped chip production enough for backlogs to be cleared by mid 2022. I will be waiting it out though as this is likely to be the last RS3 with a five cylinder engine.

Reactions: Cheifweasel
Your post did make me chuckle. My son works for Audi. I called him today asking for an update, he politely told me to **** off as he too has an RS3 on order and when build weeks are announced I will be the first to know. So basically you've no chance mate other than a generic text telling you what you already know!!!!!!
You should wind your son up and tell him you have shared his mobile number with all the forum members so that we can all chase him up for factory build weeks :tearsofjoy:

I'd be pulling my hair out waiting that long! Can only hope that the suppliers will soon have upped chip production enough for backlogs to be cleared by mid 2022. I will be waiting it out though as this is likely to be the last RS3 with a five cylinder engine.

No Chip Shortages here!!!!!

Reactions: RS03???, DarrenFFC and Jassyo06

I may have said this before but l bought my first S3 via my son and hav'nt bought car off him since lesson learn't

• Haha
Reactions: Detail Devil and pburv
You should wind your son up and tell him you have shared his mobile number with all the forum members so that we can all chase him up for factory build weeks :tearsofjoy:
I wind him up daily dont worry!!!!

Reactions: RS03???, Jassyo06 and DarrenFFC
He does, and he has!!!! Watch his last YT video from Guildford Audi. He mentions "A lovely chap called Ellis" at around 4:05 on the vid....Das ma boy!!!!! LOL
AH has order through him too!!!! LOL

Hmmm so Archie has 2 on order.
Tetbury told me they have one on order for him.

• Angry

Archie, initially ordered one with West London Audi, so may be 3 cars to play with.

Think he has at least a SB and Saloon on order

Reactions: 8YARWY

Think he has at least a SB and Saloon on order

Reactions: 8YARWY
Morning all, back (hopefully!) in an Audi after a long break since my B7 RS4. I ordered a Kemora Grey Vorsprung from Aberdeen Audi mid December. I was told it was a cancelled order and that it should be with me in March. Here's hoping!

Reactions: RS03??? and bigtasty
Morning all, back (hopefully!) in an Audi after a long break since my B7 RS4. I ordered a Kemora Grey Vorsprung from Aberdeen Audi mid December. I was told it was a cancelled order and that it should be with me in March. Here's hoping!
That's interesting, Dale said to me that all cancelled orders were being removed from the production schedule so that more cars could get through for customers. And that even they had been stopped from ordering multiple cars to sell for the same reason...

That being said, I hope you get it on time since I've surprisingly seen no RS3's kicking about here yet.

Reactions: RS03???
That's interesting, Dale said to me that all cancelled orders were being removed from the production schedule so that more cars could get through for customers. And that even they had been stopped from ordering multiple cars to sell for the same reason...

That being said, I hope you get it on time since I've surprisingly seen no RS3's kicking about here yet.

So many different things being said isn’t there ?
I was told by Stafford and Tetbury that a cancelled order was not allowed to be assigned to anyone else and that Audi would charge a dealer 2.5K for a cancelled order.

Reactions: RS03???, Mike.46 and Daggerit
So many different things being said isn’t there ?
I was told by Stafford and Tetbury that a cancelled order was not allowed to be assigned to anyone else and that Audi would charge a dealer 2.5K for a cancelled order.

Yeah, exactly.

Reactions: RS03???

Hoping I just got lucky as I was swithering on pushing the button on a car that would be arriving in Dec 22 to then get a call saying someone had just cancelled.

Yeh, haven't seen one in Aberdeen or the North East as yet!

Reactions: RS03??? and Daggerit
The Audi customer ordering experience

Audi customer waiting lounge

Reactions: Mastachaz, RS03??? and 8YARWY
Hoping I just got lucky as I was swithering on pushing the button on a car that would be arriving in Dec 22 to then get a call saying someone had just cancelled.

Yeh, haven't seen one in Aberdeen or the North East as yet!

Oh they are around, just going to garages instead of Joe public

0f8aec2fd818c05426682e9185b390d1.jpg

• Angry
Reactions: RS03???, Daggerit and 3vans

I saw that one come up because it's just a few miles from me. They're generally a pretty good garage to buy/sell with and do a huge amount of RS cars but still chancing their luck charging over list...

The bubble has to burst at some point.
Surely as each month goes by supply will be improving and if these high priced cars don't sell the Dealers will be forced to lower the prices.

Reactions: Jay 1234, Daggerit and RS03???
The bubble has to burst at some point.
Surely as each month goes by supply will be improving and if these high priced cars don't sell the Dealers will be forced to lower the prices.
A huge part of me hope it happens soon and the dealers and private sellers that bought them to sell on get stuck with the cars or lose money on them.

Reactions: 3vans, Snake Pliskin, Mike.46 and 1 other person
My car is still not built. Build week 48/21 +7, even if built this week now I will be holding on to March before registering it. I've never bothered before but I may as well.

• Sad
Reactions: Snake Pliskin
My car is still not built. Build week 48/21 +7, even if built this week now I will be holding on to March before registering it. I've never bothered before but I may as well.

Not even built !?!?!? :huh:

Not even built !?!?!? :huh:
Nope. Getting a bit ridiculous now if I'm honest. Sales Exec said to me earlier:
Yours is now the oldest with no chassis number / having left the factory – I’m minded to think that’s good news and it must be pretty much the next up. Bath’s showroom car (Red Sportback) I recall seeing arriving in Chepstow last week for prep – and that was a week 37 build – to give an idea of how behind they are getting at the factory. It’s not just RS3 – it’s everything – I’ve got a week 42 A6 hybrid not yet built, and 2 week 45 Q4 E-trons that are the same. It’s sooo frustrating.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: Rs31981 and Snake Pliskin