RS3 brakes

Bryant1998

Reaction score
Hi lads,

I’ve heard it mentioned that the RS3 brakes are almost a bolt-on to the S3 (which is what I have) just wondered if anyone can confirm or deny this? And if it’s true, has anyone got spares for sale

Cheers lads

Hi lads,

I’ve heard it mentioned that the RS3 brakes are almost a bolt-on to the S3 (which is what I have) just wondered if anyone can confirm or deny this? And if it’s true, has anyone got spares for sale

Cheers lads

I believe a Vagbremtechnic bracket is required for the RS callipers to work on the S3.

Price wise your looking anywhere between £400-£600 depending on condition for the callipers only.

@Mechanic69 bought my original set so he will be able to inform you of correct fitment details.

Yes they bolt straight on. I have a set on my s3 under the standard 18" wheels using 15mm spacers. You can also get a bracket set to fit to the standard 345mm discs from vagbremtechnic. You will also have to use TTRS brake discs as the RS3 has a different offset to the s3.

Attachments

• 34258928_2369222033091524_393016213690646528_n.jpg
    34258928_2369222033091524_393016213690646528_n.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 285
  • 34415893_2369222076424853_4159349541805490176_n.jpg
    34415893_2369222076424853_4159349541805490176_n.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 313
Yes they bolt straight on. I have a set on my s3 under the standard 18" wheels using 15mm spacers. You can also get a bracket set to fit to the standard 345mm discs from vagbremtechnic. You will also have to use TTRS brake discs as the RS3 has a different offset to the s3.

They look well nice mate, I’ve now got mintex pads and borg&beck drilled and grooves discs on, as I needed brakes doing asap, might look at doing that when I do more power upgrades...

Do you feel a genuine difference in braking
ability?
These is my current setup, next thing is to spray the calipers red

dbb95b7146aaf572e41fd51d2ed8c95f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice mate, I prefer the black if I'm honest. The TTRS brakes stop a hell of a lot better than the standard S3 brakes. When I first slammed the anchors on I almost pulled a nose wheelie.

Nice mate, I prefer the black if I'm honest. The TTRS brakes stop a hell of a lot better than the standard S3 brakes. When I first slammed the anchors on I almost pulled a nose wheelie.

Yeah it’s all personal taste man, I like the little red bits here and there’s with it being white and all the S3 badges having the red square etc,

Good to hear they actually make a difference, seems to be a lot of people on here who insist standard brakes are more than enough, will probably look at them when I go for more power

Yeah it’s all personal taste man, I like the little red bits here and there’s with it being white and all the S3 badges having the red square etc,

Good to hear they actually make a difference, seems to be a lot of people on here who insist standard brakes are more than enough, will probably look at them when I go for more power

Ahhh White! Lovely colour and yes red would go with that. I drove my s3 on the Nurburgring with the standard brakes and although they performed well, they weren't the best. A good disc and pad setup is a must, like in your case.

Ahhh White! Lovely colour and yes red would go with that. I drove my s3 on the Nurburgring with the standard brakes and although they performed well, they weren't the best. A good disc and pad setup is a must, like in your case.

Yeah it’s the ibis white, simple colour but I think it’s one of Audi’s best, what colour is yours?

Yeah these new ones feel much better, I’d say they’re a bit better than stock but not by miles

Same massive improvement on stock s3 calipers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Gazpot0111645
Yeah it’s the ibis white, simple colour but I think it’s one of Audi’s best, what colour is yours?

Yeah these new ones feel much better, I’d say they’re a bit better than stock but not by miles

Mine is Ice silver...if that's the right name. The first and best mod I ever did with brakes was braided lines. Braided lines with ATE typ 200 brake fluid and it removed almost all of the sponge from the pedal. Gave the brakes a much firmer feel. The lines withstand heat better and wont expand when hot like the OEM ones do.

i have been building a TTRS kit for my S3. so i purchased a flawless set of callipers for £450
hel braided lines front and rear
stock TTRS discs (temp until i can afford ap discs)
m1144 pads up front
new brembo pads and vagbrem grooved discs for the rear
also fitted the rs3 brake ducts to aid cooling
fluid is rbf660