1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

RS3 brake upgrade question

oneniner Jul 17, 2014

1. oneniner

oneniner Registered User

I'm fitting the above on my 2.0 TDI. I have everything including the TTRS discs. I have been told I need new brake lines. Is this correct? If so is it specific RS3 ones I need?

Thanks in advance

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. 114mph

114mph Registered User

I think you need A3 lines and they will need to be modified to fit.

4. amrb1

amrb1 Registered User

The flexy hoses need to be changed to the same as the 3.2/s3, which cost about £20 if I remember, then the hard pipe on your original callipers should fit with a little bending and tweaking.

5. XFi

XFi In need of a V8.

Personally i'd get some HEL braided lines as it should improve the feeling and last longer.

6. oneniner

oneniner Registered User

7. KemiksiZ

KemiksiZ Registered User

subscribed..

So can we just plug & play RS3 calipers WITH TTRS discs? Just a direct swap over my S3 brakes?

8. XFi

XFi In need of a V8.

They should be fine.

And yes TTRS/RS3 calipers with TTRS discs will fit but if you have stock 18 inch alloys then you will need a 11mm spacer at least and even then I wouldn't use stock alloys. On Wednesday a stone got jammed between my calipers and alloy and it has dug a trench! I have after market AP racing disc's which are 8mm smaller and the gap is just too small.

9. KemiksiZ

KemiksiZ Registered User

Thnks :)

So is it also possible to use TTRS discs in S3 calipers?