RS3 Bonnet and Grill Alignment Concerns

RS3_Scott

Reaction score
Hi All

I've got a bit of a concern re the bonnet / grill alignment of my RS3.

Where the bonnet meets the top of the grill seems to overlap slightly, and I'm not sure if the car is just supposed to look like this or not? The car was recently repaired after someone reversed into me, and headlight was replaced and some scuffing to bumper repaired.

I've tried looking at photos online close up, but haven't found anything conclusive as to how the front should look, and havent been able to find any physical cars where I live to compare with.

I've attached some photos below, perhaps some fellow owners on here can tell me if they look the same to their cars?

20210324_102414 by Scott Hastie, on Flickr

20210324_102356 by Scott Hastie, on Flickr

20210324_102329 by Scott Hastie, on Flickr

It's normal, I'm pretty sure mine is the same without ever having had a knock. Bear with me and I'll pop out now for a comparison shot

Yeah, I think that is standard for the bonnet to slightly overhang the grille (at least I hope so as mine is the same!!)

It's normal, I'm pretty sure mine is the same without ever having had a knock. Bear with me and I'll pop out now for a comparison shot
Thanks, was hoping someone could do that!
I've checked all the lines of the bonnet and bumper etc and they all seem to line up, but for some reason I just think that the bonnet would sit flush with the top of the grill. But it could also be part of the RS flared look.

Here you go. All good!
cef8321234262976f8268e917784e05f.jpg

Here you go. All good!
cef8321234262976f8268e917784e05f.jpg
Phew! Thanks for doing that! Really appreciate it.
I'd only owned the car for 2 weeks, and a guy in a big volvo 4 x 4 reversed into me while I was sitting parked.
The bodyshop that repaired the car decided that the best way to remove scratches from the headlight was to machine polish it! Which resulted in swirl marks and a cloudy headlight.
After spending 3 months fighting with the guys insurance company and the bodyshop, they eventually replaced the headlight!
So was just paranoid they hadn't put the car back together properly!