RS3 badge placement

Ben_w93

Reaction score
Hey, first post here only discovered this place a few weeks back when I decided I was gonna make the jump to Audi for a 67 plate RS3.

Question, might seem daft too I’m not sure, but mine had been debadged when I bought it, I ordered some off eBay from crewe Audi (who I believe have been mentioned on here a few times for the badges) however my question is where do you place them? The one for the front obviously clips on but is it in an exact position? And the one on the back the RS3 is all individual lettering, how do you know exactly where these sit? Is there a template anywhere?

Any help be greatly appreciated, I can’t be the only one to of had this dilemma

Hey, first post here only discovered this place a few weeks back when I decided I was gonna make the jump to Audi for a 67 plate RS3.

Question, might seem daft too I’m not sure, but mine had been debadged when I bought it, I ordered some off eBay from crewe Audi (who I believe have been mentioned on here a few times for the badges) however my question is where do you place them? The one for the front obviously clips on but is it in an exact position? And the one on the back the RS3 is all individual lettering, how do you know exactly where these sit? Is there a template anywhere?

Any help be greatly appreciated, I can’t be the only one to of had this dilemma

Hope this helps:

RS3 Badges IMG 20191030 122327

Reactions: Ben_w93, Count Drunkula and seventeenapg
Appreciate that mate going to give it a go tomorrow :thumbs up:

De-badged ours ya see, Ben, long time since (no need to tell them iriots behind what they're following :racer:), so thought it best to keep some measurements, lol:

Now you can see em

Tip: if when fixing the new badge tis best to smear the lightest touch of soft soap (Fairy etc) to the area/location and then you'll gain a couple of seconds/minutes even to adjust :readit:

De-badged ours ya see, Ben, long time since (no need to tell them iriots behind what they're following :racer:), so thought it best to keep some measurements, lol:

Tip: if when fixing the new badge tis best to smear the lightest touch of soft soap (Fairy etc) to the area/location and then you'll gain a couple of seconds/minutes even to adjust :readit:
I actually don’t mind them done, like yours looks good there and will catch plenty of casuals out, it’s just mines the panther black and with the gloss black rings and black exhaust tips off the sports exhaust it all looks a bit, well, black and all the same. People comment it looks good, very sleek but it’s all just a bit too much of the same for me. Even though I’ve ordered the gloss black badges :laughing: I figured a little colour and some text might break it up a bit.

That soap tip is a great one though, I even got paranoid when sticking my rear plate on that it was placed just right and what I’d do if it stuck slightly where I didn’t want it, never even considered that one :hi:

Reactions: 45bvtc
On a different badge note can anyway tell me the angle at which the rear boot badge sits. I.e. Is it level?

I had the car in for a dechrome and they replaced the badges for black ones for free and it just doesn't look right to me.

I've downloaded a spirit level app on my phone and placed it across the letter and its angled upwards. Can anyone with an oem badge do the same?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

On a different badge note can anyway tell me the angle at which the rear boot badge sits. I.e. Is it level?

I had the car in for a dechrome and they replaced the badges for black ones for free and it just doesn't look right to me.

I've downloaded a spirit level app on my phone and placed it across the letter and its angled upwards. Can anyone with an oem badge do the same?

Thanks in advance.

From looking at the image above (sure you did and it’s a rough guess at best anyway) but that doesn’t look angled up to me. So guessing they got their angles slightly wrong. Which reminds me I still haven’t attempted mine yet, not looking forward to it :expressionless:

Yeah everything I've seen looked pretty level. I bought aftermarket badges so assuming they weren't able to make a template properly. Either that or they've just slapped it on. The place has the best rep in the North East for wraps etc. Anyway I've bought a heat gun and some fishing wire to sort myself

Yeah everything I've seen looked pretty level. I bought aftermarket badges so assuming they weren't able to make a template properly. Either that or they've just slapped it on. The place has the best rep in the North East for wraps etc. Anyway I've bought a heat gun and some fishing wire to sort myself

I was considering a wrap myself, I love the panther black but I know I’ll get bored eventually, I’m also north east based though so curious as to where you went.

Good luck, I’m dreading doing mine, I get the feeling no matter where I put it I’m going to feel like it’s in the wrong place, obviously can’t get it perfect and that’s going to bug me badly :tearsofjoy:

I was considering a wrap myself, I love the panther black but I know I’ll get bored eventually, I’m also north east based though so curious as to where you went.

Good luck, I’m dreading doing mine, I get the feeling no matter where I put it I’m going to feel like it’s in the wrong place, obviously can’t get it perfect and that’s going to bug me badly :tearsofjoy:
Yeah same but feel like I will get it a bit better. Because I've bought cheapo ebay badges they're bigger than the OEM ones so probably exaggerate the angle a bit. Wrap Monkey. Job they did was OK but I've got nothing to compare it to,just a bit inconsistent. Perfect in some areas to the point you can't tell its wrapped and then not quite perfect in others where you can tell if you look really close. The untrained eye wouldn't know the difference though its only because I know its been done. Genuinely think it's just been rushed through because it was a little job. They put the quattro letters back on the grille too and they're off centre so going to sort that hoping it doesn't pull the wrap off in the process!