RS3 and Tuning possibilities

Not sure how the warranty works e.g. who covers it. But when I called up Bath & asked they said I would still keep my current manufacturers warranty with the added remap. Anything went wrong just bring it in as I would normally do. He said the map dose a few added things as well, limits the power until the engine has warmed up, doesn't give full power on full steering lock & some other bits. To be far after he told me the price I stopped listen, I am waiting to see if a friend can get some discount. Would have to be like 60%+ for me to even think about getting it from them, so not holding my breath

Not sure how the warranty works e.g. who covers it. But when I called up Bath & asked they said I would still keep my current manufacturers warranty with the added remap. Anything went wrong just bring it in as I would normally do. He said the map dose a few added things as well, limits the power until the engine has warmed up, doesn't give full power on full steering lock & some other bits. To be far after he told me the price I stopped listen, I am waiting to see if a friend can get some discount. Would have to be like 60%+ for me to even think about getting it from them, so not holding my breath

They lied (oh, surprise, a dealer that lies!!). From your point of view, yes you could just take it back to Bath Audi and no questions asked, but depending on the problem they would be claiming from Audi or ABT.
It is expensive, but, any approved tune from Audi I suspect will/would be similar in value TBH.

£50 to £55 for a 90 to 100 bhp increase that would be a great result. I am sure you will be selling a lot of these box's.

Reactions: Nardo-RS3
Took it on a dyno today. Maha 2wd.
First run it made 397.8
2nd run 397.1

Reactions: billyali86
Interesting! Someone else got about 390 on the dyno so it must be there or thereabouts.

Butt dyno tells me it feels ****** rapid ;)

TX.

Reactions: Ozmosis, josedebardi and 5pot
2wd? How's that work then? I didn't realise the Quattro could put 100% to the front?

You just disable the haldex system. On most cars it's just a matter of pulling a fuse, 26% transmission loss looks a bit excessive though.

Reactions: Wango, josedebardi, Foxtrot_Oscar and 1 other person
We have tuning boxes landing with us next week, all details will be posted online on Monday..

Rrp is £699 inc vat, we'll be offering them to members for £599 inc vat ..

More details to follow on Monday, any interested parties please mail me direct
On andrew@dieselchip.co.uk

Reactions: nervus, Caval4r, AndyB-S3 and 3 others
Oettinger

This is in development..over 4K when ready I think :laughing:

Over 500hp though, £4k not a lot really for that sort of power.

TX.

Hmmm, numbers are really wrong. The 420 ho sprints 0-100 in 3,5s and 518 hp kit does it in 3,8s which numbers are the correct ones :blink:?

Reactions: RYuill
Also quoting PS and BHP as same figures... school-boy errors replicated throughout the motoring press!!

ABT has previewed its 450ps (331kw) 550NM (404 lb-ft) performance upgrade at the Essen Motor Show.
The only two hardware upgrades lists are an upgraded exhaust and intercooler.
Shame the sports exhaust needs to be binned for this upgrade.

Here is the article giving some details of the kit:-
http://www.automobilesreview.com/auto-news/abt-audi-rs3-450hp/110271/

Here is a video just showing stills of the car:-

I'm not really convinced with the cosmetic upgrades.

Reactions: Ricky RS, Right&Glory and xpoweruk
Revo have released their stage 1 software upgrade:-
From 402ps to 425ps (397hp to 419hp) (296kw to 313kw)
From 410lbft to 428lbft (556nm to 580nm)

It looks a good value at £599 (ex VAT) even when having to add drive train warrantee to a new car.

It looks like Revo are also getting higher dyno readings for the standard car than what Audi are quoting.

May be manufacturers should stop giving crank horse power number and start quoting wheel horse power so it easier to compare.
But I guess the marketing people wouldn't like to advertise those lower figures even when comparing it to more powerful engine cars with lower wheel horse power.

Reactions: Ricky RS
Revo have released their stage 1 software upgrade:-
From 402ps to 425ps (397hp to 419hp) (296kw to 313kw)
From 410lbft to 428lbft (556nm to 580nm)

It looks a good value at £599 (ex VAT) even when having to add drive train warrantee to a new car.

It looks like Revo are also getting higher dyno readings for the standard car than what Audi are quoting.

May be manufacturers should stop giving crank horse power number and start quoting wheel horse power so it easier to compare.
But I guess the marketing people wouldn't like to advertise those lower figures even when comparing it to more powerful engine cars with lower wheel horse power.

They haven't quoted higher standard dyno readings at all - the 401ps to 425ps is the range of power you can expect from the stage 1 software. Revo don't promise exact figures as every car can de different so they quote an expected range these days. Same to the torque figures.

They haven't quoted higher standard dyno readings at all - the 401ps to 425ps is the range of power you can expect from the stage 1 software. Revo don't promise exact figures as every car can de different so they quote an expected range these days. Same to the torque figures.

Yes that makes sense. I was being a bit thick and read it the wrong way.

ABT have released prices for 450hp 550nm tune for the RS3 to give a V-Max of 294 km/h.
It is available from February 2016.

8V00125450CZGB consists of the following parts:-
  • ABT-ECU (AEC)
  • bracket set
  • cable harness and mounting kit
  • ABT-intercooler
Its is priced at €5990 gross.
Good to see that it doesn't require new exhaust so it means not having to bin the sports exhaust.

Interestingly it states the following as advantage of using this tune:-
The serial engine control unit remains untouched and the vehicle is completely diagnosable.

Reactions: Terminator x