RS3 8Y servicing

Joxh

Reaction score
Hi guys, just wondering if anyone who's taken delivery is willing to share the service requirements and intervals for their car. My S3 needs a haldex every 3 years for example, does the new diff and coupling require something similar? I'm interested to know. Regards, Josh.

Reactions: Mike.46
This the additional service work listed in MyAudi for mine.
Screenshot 20220121 082918 myAudi

Reactions: RS03???, 3vans, Waq1 and 3 others
I'm not not sure how the new system compares to the old, but I'll definitely be getting the rear diff/haldex or whatever its called now serviced early. After 13k miles on my S3 it was very gunky.

Hadn’t even looked at mine yet. This is a useful reminder though

I was wondering whether there might have been a running in service but nope… I am tempted to do an oil change at 1k miles though.

Reactions: RS03??? and Rs31981
Hadn’t even looked at mine yet. This is a useful reminder though

I was wondering whether there might have been a running in service but nope… I am tempted to do an oil change at 1k miles though.
I’ll definitely be doing 1k oil and filter

Reactions: RS03??? and Keano04
Whats a Bevel box :unsure:

Transmits drive to the Carden shaft that connects to the Haldex or in this case the Magna Torque splitter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: RS03??? and Mr Freeze
I’ll definitely be doing 1k oil and filter
i did that on my 8v. Would always do it. Dont know what rubbish got into the engine during the manufacturing process and what other rubbish is in there are running in

i did that on my 8v. Would always do it. Dont know what rubbish got into the engine during the manufacturing process and what other rubbish is in there are running in
Was in at my Audi dealer yesterday and the new car fleet manager told me when they receive the new RS's they do their pre-delivery test drive/inspection/yada yada, then change the oil/filter before delivery.

On the Fast Datsun, i had magnetic bolts fitted to catch all the metal particles from the DSG gearbox and changed gearbox oil every 2 years regardless of mileage (which wasn't very much). The tray was also dropped once in a while and the bolts cleaned. This was before the day of filmed services. But i was told that the oil was always needing changed. No idea. A few people had issues with their gearboxes from new. Apparently it's the bedding in process where tiny particles from the gears shave off and end up in the oil and then stuck somewhere (i think it was an actuator in this case.)

I guess it depends on how hard you drive your car, but oil changes every other year aren't expensive. And probably worth it after the bedding in process.

Also if they tell you it's not necessary....I had issues with my X5 diff after 7 years (40d with all the torque) which BMW quoted £4k to fix. Changed the oil in the diff (they said it was never needed) and everything has been fine for the past 4 years.

Reactions: whannemann