RS3 8Y Price Increase Dec 21

Depends on the bodyshop really.

This guy I used is very meticulous, but as even he explained, he’s up against a factory robot applied finish where the margins are finer.
He repaired my recently departed 8V after some ‘spots’ appeared on the rear Qtr panel, contaminate in the base coat from factory, never seen anything like it before he said, especially something taking 3 years to come through the colour layer.

I agree repairs aren’t something I like either, but things happen and there’s no other Avenue but to have a paint job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The only time I have ever been happy with a repair is when I bought a 3 month old TTRS in one of the metallic or pearl blacks, they had done a smart repair on passenger door, said it was bird poo but the car had been on display at a Golf tournament and looked a mess.
I told them to repair it correctly and if I could tell it had been repaired I wouldn’t accept the car, after being repaired it looked v good to me, I asked my lad (Panel Beater and painter) to tell me which door had been done, the only way he found it was by running his finger across the v bottom edge of the door skin

Depends on the bodyshop really.

This guy I used is very meticulous, but as even he explained, he’s up against a factory robot applied finish where the margins are finer.
He repaired my recently departed 8V after some ‘spots’ appeared on the rear Qtr panel, contaminate in the base coat from factory, never seen anything like it before he said, especially something taking 3 years to come through the colour layer.

I agree repairs aren’t something I like either, but things happen and there’s no other Avenue but to have a paint job.

Metallic and more so pearl paints are weird stuff to paint, you have to paint panels on the car, by that I mean if you removed two doors to paint and painted them on frames and also painted the front and rear wings (obviously attached to the car) they could all look slightly different when you put the car back together, its down to the way the pearl or metallic particles lie when they land on the panels due to gravity and how 'wet' the panel ends up, when I used to paint there was also a maximum time limit before you applied the lacquer, two long and the lacquer does not adhere to the base correctly

Revised or removed The RS3 doesn't get discounted much at all if any in its first 12 months,inflation being the highest its been for a decade the cost of fuel and the large price increase of the RS3 plus delivery times will make some potential buyers think twice about getting one it certainly would have put me off getting one £63k for a Vorsprung its not worth it
The comment about discounts came from the broker and was a general comment about the full range of cars rather than RS specific. He said Skoda had halved their discount and VW discount reduced (but he didn’t say by how much)(I notice DTD still have 14% off for Golf R). He said they were just waiting for Audi to cut discount and thought it would be end of last week.

Reactions: Jassyo06
I guess the caculations suggest that a 6% price rise will reduce the numbers of cars they need to build but the profit/income from the RS3 will stay similar, just business sense :)
Yes think you’re probably right. It would be funny if it turns out to be a minor rise after all that has been said and then red interior pack appears too....oh how I’d laugh.

Reactions: Jassyo06
Yes think you’re probably right. It would be funny if it turns out to be a minor rise after all that has been said and then red interior pack appears too....oh how I’d laugh.
i think red interior will come some time for sure

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Hey Guys

Take a look at this...I know it’s been shown before... but look at the pricelist on page 7. The small print says prices from 1 Oct 2021, so did Audi delay increase until 1 December and these are the new prices. Certainly base model is around 5.75% more.

https://www.auk-kits.co.uk/assets/documents/original/22920-AudiRS3ComparativeDataNovemberFINAL.pdf

You’re right, but I feel like they put the wrong date because online it’s still the lower price and all the dealers have said 1st December to us. I think it’s about the only thing that they’ve been consistent about to be honest!

Reactions: AndyVWR
You’re right, but I feel like they put the wrong date because online it’s still the lower price and all the dealers have said 1st December to us. I think it’s about the only thing that they’ve been consistent about to be honest!

On my recent dealer visit when they had my initial car price wrong she said that the system was a nightmare as the price increase was already being shown and they had to then revert/add a discount to keep the prices to 'pre 1st December price increase'...........very odd

Hey Guys

Take a look at this...I know it’s been shown before... but look at the pricelist on page 7. The small print says prices from 1 Oct 2021, so did Audi delay increase until 1 December and these are the new prices. Certainly base model is around 5.75% more.

https://www.auk-kits.co.uk/assets/documents/original/22920-AudiRS3ComparativeDataNovemberFINAL.pdf
Hadn't seen that before, so read through it and think it contains at least one error and some inconsistencies with what is shown elsewhere. It says that -

The 245/35 tyres are on the front and 265/30s are on the rear!
Audi Beam projects Audi Sport logo, whereas the Build Your Own Summary says it is RS3.
The Panoramic Glass Sunroof is an option, which I very much wish it was!

So, suspect there may have been a late change in that date that wasn't corrected before the "FINAL" version was uploaded.

Price increase on the Sportback (£2930):
Before
After

Edit: Same increase on the Saloons. Just add £1k to Sportback before and after prices.

Last edited:
My Saloon Carbon + RS Dynamic pack + C&S is now considerably cheaper than the Sportback Carbon without options. The MSG discount looks much better now thanks audi, circa 19% lol
Can flip it for an even bigger profit now :tearsofjoy:

Not sure if true however I was told today that price increase is effective from 1pm today + RS3 order book temporarily stopped whilst they deal with backlog.

TX.

Not sure if true however I was told today that price increase is effective from 1pm today + RS3 order book temporarily stopped whilst they deal with backlog.

TX.
I take it the 6% increase is on all audi's then ?
Otherwise putting up just the RS3 and closing the order book would be a bit odd.

I take it the 6% increase is on all audi's then ?
Otherwise putting up just the RS3 and closing the order book would be a bit odd.

On everything except A6 I was told.

Coast2coast have pulled the RS3 from there car listings ie not available also was told by a member on here that the dealership that Coast2coast deals with has closed their books on the RS3 8Y for 2022

TX.

Just had confirmation of my order.

Audi are honouring the £500 in my favour difference so in total £700 off, better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.

• Haha
Reactions: NevMan, Mr Freeze, Snake Pliskin and 2 others
Just had confirmation of my order.

Audi are honouring the £500 in my favour difference so in total £700 off, better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.

Did ye tell them ye where a War Veteren of Nam.....or sumit....lol glad to hear it mate

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: NevMan, Mr Freeze, Snake Pliskin and 1 other person
Thanks to Andy in this thread - I managed to snag an order through Boundless / Griffin just before the prices have gone up. Works out to nearly 15% discount when considering the price rise, so I was chuffed with that. Billy's pictures also made my decision on the colour easier - had to be Kemora. Estimated delivery time July.

Reactions: NevMan, billymc92, Terminator x and 4 others
Thanks to Andy in this thread - I managed to snag an order through Boundless / Griffin just before the prices have gone up. Works out to nearly 15% discount when considering the price rise, so I was chuffed with that. Billy's pictures also made my decision on the colour easier - had to be Kemora. Estimated delivery time July.

His pictures? What about my video on YouTube!?

Kemora does look better in person on the RS3 that I expected and better than on the R8.

Nice one!!! I think its in The Godfather..."I'm going to make you an offer you can't refuse". That's what I thought of when they said the price.

It was well worth going via them and I certainly won't have entertained an RS3 without that discount.

Congrats and now just have to wait till 2022.

Reactions: NevMan and WilsonRS
Nice one!!! I think its in The Godfather..."I'm going to make you an offer you can't refuse". That's what I thought of when they said the price.

It was well worth going via them and I certainly won't have entertained an RS3 without that discount.

What proof did you need to get the discount ?

It was through Boundless (which used to be CSMA) so needed to show my membership card and driving Licence. Boundless use Griffin which also do Military/Diplomatic sales but I think they also do emergency services as well.

Reactions: Mr Freeze
His pictures? What about my video on YouTube!?

Kemora does look better in person on the RS3 that I expected and better than on the R8.

I am currently on a content spree, so will likely see it shortly!

Thank you very much. I can concur, when I saw the monthlies it was a very pleasant surprise.

It was through Boundless (which used to be CSMA) so needed to show my membership card and driving Licence. Boundless use Griffin which also do Military/Diplomatic sales but I think they also do emergency services as well.
Just out of interest who funds the discount? The military?

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk
I very much doubt it.
Unless someone can tell me otherwise, I would have thought Audi give broker a discount for the volume in sales they generate

I very much doubt it.
Unless someone can tell me otherwise, I would have thought Audi give broker a discount for the volume in sales they generate

I imagine this is how it works. The broker I’m going through said Lincoln Audi are happy to trailer mine to my house 400 miles away because they get so much business through them…

Reactions: NevMan
Ha ha I might have to pay…but think I can live with amount quoted (not much over £100)

What proof did you need to get the discount ?

I am not Jesus last time I checked
Less of this banter...where is the comparison video. I need to know if I've made a terrible mistake by ordering a 8Y when I should have hunted down a 8V
(obviously I already know it should one without an OPF)

Reactions: NevMan, RS03???, 8YARWY and 2 others
Less of this banter...where is the comparison video. I need to know if I've made a terrible mistake by ordering a 8Y when I should have hunted down a 8V
I am editing it; plan is for it Saturday,

Reactions: RS03???, Snake Pliskin, AndyVWR and 1 other person

Over the past week I did wonder if I’d done the right thing selling mine

Reactions: NevMan, Mr Freeze, Snake Pliskin and 1 other person
Over the past week I did wonder if I’d done the right thing selling mine

I’m sure you won’t regret it. It’ll be amazing when it arrives