rs3 8y ordered rs3 sportback nov 21

john scott

Reaction score
ordered sportback rs3 nov 21 was told approx delivery late august 22 then given buid date of feb 22 ,now today build date has moved to week 21 ,this is really frustrating is there a complaint procedure i can start to speed to process quicker ,any help would be appreciated .john

Welcome to audi-sport.net

ordered sportback rs3 nov 21 was told approx delivery late august 22 then given buid date of feb 22 ,now today build date has moved to week 21 ,this is really frustrating is there a complaint procedure i can start to speed to process quicker ,any help would be appreciated .john
Hi John, Welcome.
you could try below, they will generate a enquiry number for your complaint. Not much happens after that, as it appears due to inconsistent supply chain of parts for RS3, build weeks are not known by Audi itself, until after the build of your order has started.
fyi: generally 15 to 18 months wait is not unusual.

Executive Customer Relations Manager
Audi UK

T 0800 699 888
E executive.office@audi.co.uk

There is literally no point, they will tell you nothing they can do, it’s down to the dealer. Complain to them. The dealer will tell you it’s down to Audi U.K.

There are plenty in here that were ordered in August 2021 and still haven't had cars built.

Reactions: Adi7r, Alan Oliver and Apache007
Yep. Just have to keep Sucking up Audi's BS Methodology when it comes to treating Paying Customers with not even the slightest modicum of Courtesy, Politeness & Respect....

Trouble is I don’t think it’s just Audi.
Most of the manufacturers appear to have delays / supply issues atm.
A friend of mine has a Golf S Line on order since February last year and even that’s been delayed several times still with no confirmed build

Reactions: Jassyo06
The frustrating thing is, it seems to be VAG that are the worst! Yes all manufacturers are having trouble, but BMW and Mini are delivering within 12 months with relative ease from my (admittedly limited) experience. Including high performance models. I'm personally sick to death of waiting, ordered Oct '21 and might see the car June this year. It's ridiculous!
Nearly two years rattling around in an old Skoda Octavia, I'm beginning to wonder do I even need this car in my life?:hopelessness:

The frustrating thing is, it seems to be VAG that are the worst! Yes all manufacturers are having trouble, but BMW and Mini are delivering within 12 months with relative ease from my (admittedly limited) experience. Including high performance models. I'm personally sick to death of waiting, ordered Oct '21 and might see the car June this year. It's ridiculous!
Nearly two years rattling around in an old Skoda Octavia, I'm beginning to wonder do I even need this car in my life?:hopelessness:

The other thing to consider…….

Why would you want a model on the verge of being Facelifted ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jassyo06, Scooby216, Mr Freeze and 1 other person
It's not just the length of the wait but lets be honest, nearly 2 years and counting for an RS3 is ridiculous, even if it was an R8.
The bigger annoyance for me would be the the uncertainty of when / if you are getting a car.
To be in limbo waiting 2 years and then after all that to potentially be told you aint getting a car would just push me over the edge.
Definitely feel for all you Guys waiting atm
Plus as @8YARWY says, with a face lift in the not too distant future that certainly throws another curve ball into the equation.
But I do get that to just to get a car at all for some people would be fine.

Reactions: Basher (Peter), Scooby216, Adi7r and 1 other person
VAG by far the worst.
Factory Build New G80 M3 8 wks........

Reactions: Scooby216
Yep. Just have to keep Sucking up Audi's BS Methodology when it comes to treating Paying Customers with not even the slightest modicum of Courtesy, Politeness & Respect....
Porsche and most others are the same.

The other thing to consider…….

Why would you want a model on the verge of being Facelifted ?

Orderbooks are closed etc... do they have a separate build line for facelifted models? I don't think so... that should mean that every order they have now has to be built first. So if you order the facelift I guess you will have to wait 2 years anyway since they have alot of orders of this model to produce first. Facelift owners will come in at 2026? lol

Orderbooks are closed etc... do they have a separate build line for facelifted models? I don't think so... that should mean that every order they have now has to be built first. So if you order the facelift I guess you will have to wait 2 years anyway since they have alot of orders of this model to produce first. Facelift owners will come in at 2026? lol

No guarantee they will build all the orders though.

No guarantee they will build all the orders though.

Are you sure about that? Are there examples of that happening before? Because to me that sounds like very bad for the companys reputation? They closed the order books to be able to handle the orders I guess... To let someone wait 1 year and then say "ur cancelled" seems stupid just to be able to create a new model.
I don't know right or wrong here. Just sound so wierd that they would let someone have a facelifted model before someone who waited a long time for the previous one. :D

Are you sure about that? Are there examples of that happening before? Because to me that sounds like very bad for the companys reputation? They closed the order books to be able to handle the orders I guess... To let someone wait 1 year and then say "ur cancelled" seems stupid just to be able to create a new model.
I don't know right or wrong here. Just sound so wierd that they would let someone have a facelifted model before someone who waited a long time for the previous one. :D
I'd imagine that if the situation arises whereas, there is still outstanding orders when the FL takes over the production line then they will offer the FL rather than cancel, another option would be for them to build the cars as far as they can on the line with the parts they have, then place them in a holding area to be finished as and when all the bits and bobs missing are available.

I'd imagine that if the situation arises whereas, there is still outstanding orders when the FL takes over the production line then they will offer the FL rather than cancel, another option would be for them to build the cars as far as they can on the line with the parts they have, then place them in a holding area to be finished as and when all the bits and bobs missing are available.
Yeah that sounds about right... If there is a upgraded FL version you would probably get that instead. Case closed :D!

Jassy said that his car was cancelled on him, but I've not heard of any others on here or anywhere else...

They won't be building FL cars and PFL cars together. Once they tool up for the FL all old orders will get cancelled imho.

TX.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jassyo06, RS03???, 8YARWY and 2 others
They won't be building FL cars and PFL cars together. Once they tool up for the FL all old orders will get cancelled imho.

TX.

Yup exactly.

People who are thinking Audi will carry on with the current car until all orders, new & old are fulfilled are deluded

Reactions: Jassyo06, RS03??? and Terminator x
Yup exactly.

People who are thinking Audi will carry on with the current car until all orders, new & old are fulfilled are deluded

My contract says any upgraded version of the car will be included so... the ppl who are waiting will have a facelifted model I guess. Not get cancelled

Reactions: garethdj
My contract says any upgraded version of the car will be included so... the ppl who are waiting will have a facelifted model I guess. Not get cancelled
That is of course if they release a FL RS3, my SE isn't very expectant of one or even the order book re-opening for the current model.

That is of course if they release a FL RS3, my SE isn't very expectant of one or even the order book re-opening for the current model.
TTRS cancelled of course due to engine Vs Regs.

TX.

I wouldn’t be surprised at all,
Audi have gone very Nanny and over the top safety conscience, I think if they could lose, or drop the whole RS and S range and just make nice eco friendly safety orientated vehicles they would.

My salesman told me in December that my order had a 50/50 chance of being built so patched the thing as of the middle of my build was still at 00 as l was again asked to keep the car on by Drivethedeal.....so 18 months on still no build date anyone waiting for their car to be built after the first quarter of 2023 is gambling as to whether they'll get a car l truly doubt Audi will pass on Fl cars to existing orders RS3 8Y Fl won't be available till spring 2024 for initial showroom cars its been mess since day 1 and has only gotten worse year year out