RS3 8Y General Discussion Thread.

Does anyone know the torque setting for the wheel bolts? I’ve finally invested in a proper torque wrench and want to check the settings.

120nm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: davc and Kevmoz
Thank you sir, that’s awesome, I’ll give that a go at the weekend. Planning on getting the wheels off and giving them a good clean.

Make life easier and buy yourself an Alloy wheel mounting pin

Reactions: Kevmoz and WilsonRS
@8YARWY have you managed to get the 360 degree camera working? Just noticed your profile picture.

Andy offers this retrofit.

A3/S3/RS3 8Y - 360 Camera Retrofit

Reactions: VAGRANT, RS03??? and Kevmoz

Cheers. Really interesting.

@8YARWY have you managed to get the 360 degree camera working? Just noticed your profile picture.

And for information only, DO NOT buy the Ali Express kit.
It’s cheap for a reason.

Reactions: Kevmoz

Thanks, Time to start saving the pennies.

Yes, certainly not the £500 offset Audi offering for removing the 360 and more. :sulkiness:

I actually think they removed it because of cost of getting the parts someone probably realised it was a loser so suggested £500 refund.

Yes, certainly not the £500 offset Audi offering for removing the 360 and more. :sulkiness:
im getting it retrofitted. its under 2k so 4x audi offers
but must be most expensive retrofit to this car.

• Haha
Reactions: Mr Freeze
Best part of 2k for 360 camera you've lost the plot or got more money than sense
Yep ridiculous retrofit. Can understand probably on a rs6 c8 but a rs3.. come on..

Reactions: Mr Freeze and garethdj
Cat cute

:)

Reactions: NevMan, RS03???, Mr Freeze and 1 other person
Does anyone know how to turn off keyless access? On my Golf R it was press lock on the key and then touch the dimple in the door handle. That doesn’t seem to work on the 8Y

Does anyone know how to turn off keyless access? On my Golf R it was press lock on the key and then touch the dimple in the door handle. That doesn’t seem to work on the 8Y
on MMI there is option.

on MMI there is option.

Cheers I’ll have a look. I even got the manual out and read the central locking bit but just couldn’t see anything relating to turning it off. I only want it turned off at home to stop ‘fishing’ for the codes. Probably easier to buy a faraday pouch!

Reactions: garethdj
Cheers I’ll have a look. I even got the manual out and read the central locking bit but just couldn’t see anything relating to turning it off. I only want it turned off at home to stop ‘fishing’ for the codes. Probably easier to buy a faraday pouch!

Our keys stop transmitting when stationary for a period of time to stop exactly this and negate the need for a faraday pouch. I don’t know the time until it stops though.

Reactions: Kevmoz, Terminator x and garethdj

Into MMI select car and there’s slider button under lights / locking I think, called Convenience key turn that off.

Keys do sleep though and utilise signal distance measuring technology to counter keyless theft.

Reactions: Kevmoz and Terminator x
That is how it works on the RSQ3.

TX.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Our keys stop transmitting when stationary for a period of time to stop exactly this and negate the need for a faraday pouch. I don’t know the time until it stops though.

Into MMI select car and there’s slider button under lights / locking I think, called Convenience key turn that off.

Keys do sleep though and utilise signal distance measuring technology to counter keyless theft.

Thanks for the replies. I’m probably over thinking and worrying. I suppose if someone wants it they will just break in and take the keys anyway!

Reactions: Daggerit
Thanks for the replies. I’m probably over thinking and worrying. I suppose if someone wants it they will just break in and take the keys anyway!

That’s probably the reality of it unfortunately…

Not really worthy of its own post so thought I'd just stick it here.

Have you turned on the car to be greeted by the user screen randomly when you weren't even on it before you turned off the car?

IMG 20230510 WA0016

Who is everyone using for insurance?
Getting a hefty price from Direct Line!
I am with Aviva with an E rating for post-code, (F being the worst). Was 400, then 600 and this year 830 for social/domestic use with commuting.

Who is everyone using for insurance?
Getting a hefty price from Direct Line!

Admiral, must admit hefty bump up in premium
and I forgot to switch. Good for mods though.