RS3 8Y General Discussion Thread.

O/T I also asked my dealer about the RS4 Comp, £85k before options although the UK version is spec'd by Audi so you can't add options. They are being allocated one though.

TX.
That looks a VERY nice car too - and what a fantastic interior.
Did I read correctly - ALL UK cars are black in colour ?

Reactions: kayemill
That looks a VERY nice car too - and what a fantastic interior.
Did I read correctly - ALL UK cars are black in colour ?
Yes all same spec inside and out.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: kayemill and Snake Pliskin
Yes all same spec inside and out.

TX.

surprised they have not made them nardo (like the TTRS above) then it could have been a tempting option for you eh in that colour ;)

Reactions: kayemill and Terminator x
71 plate at Oldham Audi.

Market intro spec like mine.

a940e0a223fdc44588088ffe790d1ab8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha
Reactions: kayemill and Mr Freeze
RS4 still has that ''Oh c*ap we forgot to include the MMI, we'll just stick an ipad to the dash'' look, which always puts me off an RS4.

I wonder why they didnt do the black mask grille of the RS3?

RS4 still has that ''Oh c*ap we forgot to include the MMI, we'll just stick an ipad to the dash'' look, which always puts me off an RS4.

I wonder why they didnt do the black mask grille of the RS3?

And then went on to make the same mistake in the RS3 with the drivers side vents .

You know what ? Let’s stick em on the instrument binnacle and say we are mimicking the Ducati look……

• Haha
Reactions: Mr Freeze, Mike.46 and Snake Pliskin
^^ Whilst I wasn't a fan of how quiet the RS4 became (OPF's I hate you!) the whump sound every gearchange was and still is awesome.

TX.

Reactions: NevMan and 8YARWY

RS4 review sounds good, a shame that:
a) Did I hear correctly that all UK cars are black?
b) Audi UK design team again stopping things like the carbon backed sports seats ***

Reactions: Terminator x
RS4 review sounds good, a shame that:
a) Did I hear correctly that all UK cars are black?
b) Audi UK design team again stopping things like the carbon backed sports seats ***
Yes and yes, Audi UK strikes again. Imbeciles the lot of them :sadlike:

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Mike.46
Yes and yes, Audi UK strikes again. Imbeciles the lot of them :sadlike:
A shame, I find a black car is just about impossible to keep 'nice' when used as a daily.

The 'Audi UK design team' as they were referred to when I was asking Audi UK questions really do NOT listen to what the UK buyer would like

Reactions: Deleted member 160894
A shame, I find a black car is just about impossible to keep 'nice' when used as a daily.

The 'Audi UK design team' as they were referred to when I was asking Audi UK questions really do NOT listen to what the UK buyer would like
I've found the same difficulties in keeping them clean. Tiny scratches seem to show up much more as well. It's a great colour, while at the same time being a terrible colour.

I spoke to Audi UK to ask about the lack of interior options on the RS3 and my query was greeted with a thanks for informing them on what their customers want. It's a shame they've dropped the ball on recent cars with great options for other markets, just not ours. Still, at least Audi have made a cracking car in many other respects :grinning:

Reactions: Jassyo06
Special editions of the RS3 do they normally come out pre facelift?

I am not an expert but I don't recall a RS3 "special edition" from any of the past models. (TT RS had a Plus edition and now Iconic edition)

So if there is a special then it'll be a new departure

Reactions: Mr Freeze, DangerMouseUK and Daggerit
I am not an expert but I don't recall a RS3 "special edition" from any of the past models. (TT RS had a Plus edition and now Iconic edition)

So if there is a special then it'll be a new departure

True, but I don’t recall them doing a ‘performance’ version of the RS4 either until the Competition came out recently. I know there was a Negaro model but that was just cosmetic. So maybe they’re branching out to more models?

Reactions: DangerMouseUK
True, but I don’t recall them doing a ‘performance’ version of the RS4 either until the Competition came out recently. I know there was a Negaro model but that was just cosmetic. So maybe they’re branching out to more models?

Yes, I saw one of the magazines/websites had spoken to Audi Sport boss and he had hinted that there was more development to come with RS3 and RS4, so I think a special edition is likely. Whether they turn the engine up is anyone's guess

Just drove Glasgow to London today and i could have done the 420 miles on one tank without stopping.

Active Cruise was great. Even lane assist was handy. And when I got to the wacky races on the M42/40 even without pressing the loud pedals I was able to keep up with traffic. Averaged 36mpg at 70mph. That's pretty cool.

The Audi sat nav was pretty good with avoiding traffic and I was able to find a Tesco for fuel without even looking. Google would have required me to do a search and finding it would have required me to refresh or looking at the right time. Not something I could do driving solo.

Other thoughts:

The sound stage from the audio unit without any tweaking is really good. The car is a bit of GT. I need to find where in obd11 to turn down the engine speaker noise.

And I got to hear that engine briefly....omg....I can't wait to let rip.

Oh and Efficiency mode is a laugh.... Like dipping the clutch.

Starting to really like this car.

Reactions: furious_iPod, Jay 1234, kayemill and 3 others
Things I don't like:

The dashboard reflection in the windscreen

The turning circle. But like my old 306gti6, I guess you can't have a big engine and huge lock

A quicker steering rack and more responsive. My Clio Trophy is like a go kart. Even the 306 was better.. Once I changed the rack for a Xsara one....I was hoping this would be as responsive but I guess some people would consider twitchy.

The steering column could come out a little more. I'm not able to get comfy and put my wrists on the top of the steering wheel which is my default driving position and I'm only 6ft. Must be worse for tall people.

The sun visor doesn't extend so sun from the side isn't blocked.

The space around the gear nub in that black shiny plastic. They could have utilised that space and used a matt finish. Or even nicer, alcantara (if I can find a retrimmer near me I'll probably get that done)

Not having Android Auto display on the HUD..

Oh and this will be user error but I don't think I've had the same VC on my screen twice lol. Would be nice to lock in a few screens and cycle through them with view and not have them change ever time you change mode.

I could go on.... But I thought I'd post something for balance

Maybe I should do a YouTube video and talk about my Twenty Twenty Two RS3 lol (no chance)

Reactions: furious_iPod and Jay 1234
Things I don't like:

The dashboard reflection in the windscreen

The turning circle. But like my old 306gti6, I guess you can't have a big engine and huge lock

A quicker steering rack and more responsive. My Clio Trophy is like a go kart. Even the 306 was better.. Once I changed the rack for a Xsara one....I was hoping this would be as responsive but I guess some people would consider twitchy.

The steering column could come out a little more. I'm not able to get comfy and put my wrists on the top of the steering wheel which is my default driving position and I'm only 6ft. Must be worse for tall people.

The sun visor doesn't extend so sun from the side isn't blocked.

The space around the gear nub in that black shiny plastic. They could have utilised that space and used a matt finish. Or even nicer, alcantara (if I can find a retrimmer near me I'll probably get that done)

Not having Android Auto display on the HUD..

Oh and this will be user error but I don't think I've had the same VC on my screen twice lol. Would be nice to lock in a few screens and cycle through them with view and not have them change ever time you change mode.

I could go on.... But I thought I'd post something for balance

Maybe I should do a YouTube video and talk about my Twenty Twenty Two RS3 lol (no chance)

No turn ups or shorts please

• Haha
Reactions: IanL-RS3
Another special edition with the new RS seats. Gotta be the RS3 next

Reactions: Terminator x
It would be a shame if they don’t. I reckon a lot would tick the box

It’s a pre-specced edition, so kinda ‘take it or leave it spec’.

Seems to fit in with Audis current attitude towards the UK.

Reactions: Mr Freeze, Terminator x and RS3ree
It’s a pre-specced edition, so kinda ‘take it or leave it spec’.

Seems to fit in with Audis current attitude towards the UK.

They hate us for sure :cry:

TX.

Reactions: 8YARWY
I have. Look at the version you could have had with fancy seats and CCB's!

TX.

Except you don’t get the nice seats in the UK… And paint only in black.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Is this guy on crack 1 of 1

Pretty much identical to mine but without the ceramic brakes. Mine was £70.5k with the £5k Dynamic Pack brand new, also Merlin Purple. I suspect he may get what he’s asking as you’re not going to be able to get one.