RS3 8Y General Discussion Thread.

GTS Macan ... ommmm !!!
Did you drive it mate - how did it sound ?
Yeah lve driven it doesn't sound nowhere near as good as the 718 gts big car mate not my bag to be honest ....it looked the part this one did especially with them alloys and Pano-roof burmester not worth the money

Reactions: NevMan, Snake Pliskin and Mr Freeze
Yeah lve driven it doesn't sound nowhere near as good as the 718 gts big car mate not my bag to be honest ....it looked the part this one did especially with them alloys and Pano-roof burmester not worth the money

It just looks so purposeful though doesn’t it.
Good to hear you rate the 718 GTS sound superior :icon thumright:

Last edited:
Reactions: NevMan, Mr Freeze and Jassyo06
It’s bizarre how the 8Y has struck a chord with some, but yet others just don’t get on with it.
I do wonder if a better interior would’ve helped though………and better sound lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Must admit we were in between a few Town buildings today with the roof open and it did sound sweet, maybe it's getting a little noisier through that side of teh exhaust now the valves are open all the time? (with ASR)
Had me thinking about taking the two resonator boxes out as well ?
I'm sure one of the main reasons I'm not sure about the car is lack of noise, ASR helps, but it needs more :(

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, RS03??? and itsbigyellow
Must admit we were in between a few Town buildings today with the roof open and it did sound sweet, maybe it's getting a little noisier through that side of teh exhaust now the valves are open all the time? (with ASR)
Had me thinking about taking the two resonator boxes out as well ?
I'm sure one of the main reasons I'm not sure about the car is lack of noise, ASR helps, but it needs more :(

I bet it’ll drone with them removed.

Reactions: Mike.46 and Snake Pliskin
I bet it’ll drone with them removed.

We need BCS to come out with an anti drone res delete, I had one on my OPF 8v S3 and it made a nice difference. I did email Nigel back in March but they hadn't developed one at the time. Looking at the configuration there's a little less room on the RS3 so may struggle with the dead end pipe space wise.

Reactions: 8YARWY
If the 8y had the soundtrack of the 8v and the interior packs that Europe have ... it would sort everything !
I wonder how many of the happy 8y owners, did not experience the 8v RS3 ?
I fit into that category, never had an 8v RS3 and really happy with the 8y.
The ASR has done enough for me to be satisfied with the exhaust, if that hadn't been an option I probably would go for the Miltek non res version. The Akrapovic is in the ballpark of 'change the car for something better' money.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Mike.46
We need BCS to come out with an anti drone res delete, I had one on my OPF 8v S3 and it made a nice difference. I did email Nigel back in March but they hadn't developed one at the time. Looking at the configuration there's a little less room on the RS3 so may struggle with the dead end pipe space wise.

I had the BCS on my 7.5R.

Was ok but in the end I had to reverse the flaps open coding because the drone / noise at certain Rev ranges was terrible.

bc071318acbfe7bff3371cda6752c383.jpg

a87ee23a5489f4997e8162f7cb3358b8.jpg

Was ok but in the end I had to reverse the flaps open coding because the drone / noise at certain Rev ranges was terrible.

I can imagine with both it would be too much.

We tried that idea on my lads RS3 engined Golf varying the length of the dead end, it didnt take enough of the drone away tbh

So, I had my weekly flick through Autocar tonight and there was a scoop on next R8. But what I thought I should pass on was a direct quote from Audi Sport boss. To parapharase Autocar they asked Sebastian Grams whether that was it for combustion engined RS cars with 2026 approaching and shown in speech marks as a direct quote from him was something like this " No we still have some combustion engined plans for some of the range and we planning something for the R8 as well as RS4 and RS3 Competition Packages"

I read about possible higher powered RS3 in a website post back in late 20 or early 21 but not seen anything since. IT would look like they have future plans to get most out of 5 cylinder in next few years

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Who cares, the usual suspects will whine the same as ever and regurtitate the same old h8 anyway, even though they wait a lifetime to get one....

• Haha
Reactions: 3vans, AndyVWR and RichK
So, I had my weekly flick through Autocar tonight and there was a scoop on next R8. But what I thought I should pass on was a direct quote from Audi Sport boss. To parapharase Autocar they asked Sebastian Grams whether that was it for combustion engined RS cars with 2026 approaching and shown in speech marks as a direct quote from him was something like this " No we still have some combustion engined plans for some of the range and we planning something for the R8 as well as RS4 and RS3 Competition Packages"

I read about possible higher powered RS3 in a website post back in late 20 or early 21 but not seen anything since. IT would look like they have future plans to get most out of 5 cylinder in next few years
5 cylinder is EU 7 compliant right now so need to choke it further or add in a 48v heavy generator to make it compliant the way things are going nobody/average Joe will be able to afford a RS3 ......extortion.....is all around us atm

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, Mr Freeze and Charlie Farley
5 cylinder is EU 7 compliant right now so need to choke it further or add in a 48v heavy generator to make it compliant the way things are going nobody/average Joe will be able to afford a RS3 ......extortion.....is all around us atm
Agreed, but there is and always will be that percentage of society that have money to burn and just have no problem showing it, the cars will sell whatever the price and it will just carry on fueling the obscene pricing levels we have now.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, Mr Freeze and Jassyo06
A shade under £60k for a 5 year old 8v.
stupid money but it will sell i have no doubt .

nice alloys those A8/S8 20" items.

The recent RS4 Competition wasn't given anymore power. Got some optional coilover suspension, Corsa P Zero tyres and a RS Sports Exhaust plus... whatever the plus gets you :laughing:
Whether we get a more powerful version, I guess time will tell..

Reactions: AndyVWR and 8YARWY
Has anyone else noticed grooves forming in the rear brake discs?

Jeeez thought I was looking in a mirror

• Haha
Reactions: Jassyo06
No nothing here.

Been in at Audi for mine to be looked at, was told Audi released a bulletin saying that this will happen and it’s not covered by warranty. Also told it wasn’t worth replacing them as it will just happen again

Been in at Audi for mine to be looked at, was told Audi released a bulletin saying that this will happen and it’s not covered by warranty. Also told it wasn’t worth replacing them as it will just happen again

The 355 rear upgrade I did on the 8V was a good alternative, if I liked this car as much I’d have changed them by now.

Has anyone else noticed grooves forming in the rear brake discs?
No, but, my Golf R did that to the rears, I was told it is because the adaptive cruise uses the rear brakes to slow the car when required, so for eg: If you run into a 50mph zone and just slow the car down by nudging the adaptive cruise down it's all on the rears

It's good to know that they can get a special colour out the door but not the standard colours :whistle2:

TX.

PS that car is already one owner at £72k!

Wireless charging? I was under the impression it was only launch editions that had it.

Cars delivered now seem to have it again.

I wouldn’t get too excited tho, it’s too slow at charging anyway I’ve found.

Wireless charging? I was under the impression it was only launch editions that had it.
Seen a few people on here mention their Vorsprungs arriving with wireless charging. Not sure if they're just putting it in early orders or if its back for all though...