RS3 8Y General Discussion Thread.

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's what ye can do when yer a Porsche buyer lol

• Haha
Reactions: Mr Freeze, Snake Pliskin, NevMan and 1 other person
That's what ye can do when yer a Porsche buyer lol

Mate ordered a Macan S in Feb, no build week yet, but just had 2nd price rise, and finance rate gone up. No incentive for manufacturers to build quicker if they can just raise prices anyway. He is considering whether to stick or twist

Reactions: Mr Freeze, Snake Pliskin, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
Mate ordered a Macan S in Feb, no build week yet, but just had 2nd price rise, and finance rate gone up. No incentive for manufacturers to build quicker if they can just raise prices anyway. He is considering whether to stick or twist
Really is a disgrace mate opportunistic greed by all car manufacturers

Reactions: NevMan, Mr Freeze and Snake Pliskin
Still find the concept that I could've had 7 months out of this car for free and a bit of pocket money left over a bit strange. It's a great position to be in but still a bit odd.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Still find the concept that I could've had 7 months out of this car for free and a bit of pocket money left over a bit strange. It's a great position to be in but still a bit odd.
I aint even going to drive mines when it arrives..... off it'll pop to a garage/dealership then I'll wait and see what's coming out in 2024 the hype for the RS3 8Y has decreased a lot and waiting times increased a lot which is fortunate for all and especially those that want to sell it on

I aint even going to drive mines when it arrives..... off it'll pop to a garage/dealership then I'll wait and see what's coming out in 2024 the hype for the RS3 8Y has decreased a lot and waiting times increased a lot which is fortunate for all and especially those that want to sell it on
You've been waiting months and months for it and your on the forum everyday talking about one and your your not even going to drive it? Have you even driven one atall?
I remember originally you were dead set about not ordering one. Then jumped on the band wagon when all the positive reviews came out.

Just been watching auto mundial and they featured the new MG ZS and what struck me was how a car costing under £30k can have lots of interior contrast stitching yet the £60k RS3 gets none. Audi really have done us over here in the uk. I know we’ve said it countless times but when you see a car costing half as much get loads of contrast stitching it really does bring it home there was no excuse for this. The colourless interior really is a big downfall of the car.

C9BFA45F F287 4704 BBBD 020FAB4ACFBF

Reactions: NevMan, Jassyo06 and AndyVWR
Just been watching auto mundial and they featured the new MG ZS and what struck me was how a car costing under £30k can have lots of interior contrast stitching yet the £60k RS3 gets none. Audi really have done us over here in the uk. I know we’ve said it countless times but when you see a car costing half as much get loads of contrast stitching it really does bring it home there was no excuse for this. The colourless interior really is a big downfall of the car.

View attachment 258266
I've regrettably said it all along l remember when l had ordered my S3 Saloon apart from the colour it was the interior l was most looking forward to seeing the red design pack it was the icing on the cake I just got a buzz every time l entered the car and looked around the interior it just looked special as did the TTS....

The GTS with the red GTS pack is amazing looking a interior you just want to grope everywhere....lol it helps you bond with the car that much more

Reactions: NevMan, AndyVWR, Mr Freeze and 1 other person
Done :thumbs up:

No more dodgy keys or Audi App:yahoo:

Power and Acceleration will be missed :sorrow:
What next then?
I must admit the recent ''where's my Google earth maps gone'' made me realise just how close to the edge I am with this car, it doesnt take much to push me over it :(

Reactions: AndyVWR and Snake Pliskin
I've regrettably said it all along l remember when l had ordered my S3 Saloon apart from the colour it was the interior l was most looking forward to seeing the red design pack it was the icing on the cake I just got a buzz every time l entered the car and looked around the interior it just looked special as did the TTS....

The GTS with the red GTS pack is amazing looking a interior you just want to grope everywhere....lol it helps you bond with the car that much more
You don’t realise what you had till it’s gone. Engine & exhaust sound plus the interior contrast from the 8v would have made such a huge difference to the 8y. It would have been an incredible car then. I still maintain the exterior styling of the 8y is bang on the money though as is the drive / handling.

Reactions: Jassyo06
Eh..........sold it have you

What next then?
I must admit the recent ''where's my Google earth maps gone'' made me realise just how close to the edge I am with this car, it doesnt take much to push me over it :(

Another one bites the dust then.
What you looking to move to mate ?

What is your reason for selling up if you don't mind me asking ?
He came he saw....he went away quite quickly after. :whistle2: Ok so deep breath and he goes. (Apologies for the length)

Firstly, the RS3 is the best car I've had and will certainly miss the power, acceleration and the cabin (with obvious caveat) is a pretty nice place to sit.

So, reason for me selling, I think is best described as the stars aligning in a not perfect way (as opposed to lining up for perfection). I decided very early on that i'd probably sell before it needed a MOT...then I revised that to 12-24months. Still fair enough and ample time to enjoy.

I wanted to do something mad for my birthday and logical step after 6yrs with Golf R and having driven RS3 (and TT RS) briefly at Audi Experience at Silverstone in 2017, I wanted to have my own...spent most of 2020 watching 2016 8v on Autotrader but then with new one and chance to get one, it seemed like a great idea.
Anyway, I have enjoyed my time with car but I have got rather paranoid. Seeing the Extreme Parking thread helped me to realise I am not alone. But normally on any journey I was checking parking at other end and have actively not driven to a few places as I don't trust fellow (car) parkers. So not sure If it was me being ultra cautious with my car or extra paranoid as I knew it would be going relatively quickly. (The red was a compromise, but had I gone for my perfect colour, I think I would probably still be waiting and probably even more paranoid (as well as being a little poorer too)

So the other point, my car goes in the garage and I always thought, ok a 3dr Golf R is awkward but all my problems will be solved with a 5dr car. Wasn't sure about extra width of RS3 but its got five doors, so it'll be fine. Of course, not only is the RS3 wider, but the door sculpting also projects when you open to get out. Its far tighter than I wanted to carry on with for too long. Had one very near miss. (and yes the garage walls have triple layer cardboard and polystyrene in the vital places)

I also sat down and looked at my bank account and did some further analysis (I know what you are thinking...but didn't you know the bills get bigger with an RS3). Yes, I pretty much knew every cost and was as fine as you can be with it....but with possession of the car, the bills get that bit closer and a little more present.
So I decided what I wanted in a car and as usual had to compromise but ordered new one....12months they said....So its turned up after 5months. To quote something I saw related to a departed icon.,"Don't cry that its over, smile because it happened". The RS3 is a great car and wonderful to drive but its just "Right car, Wrong time" Perhaps the extra features (red brake calipers, interior design pack, alloy choice, better exterior colours), would have mad me think differently.

If you ask me to sum up reasons. Its car dimensions, financial and security. Dimensions, I've mentioned above and financial it comes down to running costs. Yes I want all the fun, but not the bills at the end of the day and that just isn't possible with RS3. Security, maybe I am extra paranoid on this and generally life is safer than the isolated (or few) incidents that happen, but I didn't want to find out).

So its a farewell, but you are all a good bunch so I will probably stay around to offer my thoughts on occasions. To sum up (my position in the car hierarchy) then the best I can think, recalls The Frost Report from 60s (no I'm not that old but I've seen the repeats) with a sketch featuring John Cleese, Ronnie Barker & Ronnie Corbett........ the punchline being "I know my place " (So that's how I feel, time to save and take the money with everything that is happening all around)

So I'm going back to my comfort zone, Half the Price and Half the Power (and I get red contrast stitching......(and no its not an MG)

Reactions: Jay 1234, Snake Pliskin, NevMan and 5 others
He came he saw....he went away quite quickly after. :whistle2: Ok so deep breath and he goes. (Apologies for the length)

Firstly, the RS3 is the best car I've had and will certainly miss the power, acceleration and the cabin (with obvious caveat) is a pretty nice place to sit.

So, reason for me selling, I think is best described as the stars aligning in a not perfect way (as opposed to lining up for perfection). I decided very early on that i'd probably sell before it needed a MOT...then I revised that to 12-24months. Still fair enough and ample time to enjoy.

I wanted to do something mad for my birthday and logical step after 6yrs with Golf R and having driven RS3 (and TT RS) briefly at Audi Experience at Silverstone in 2017, I wanted to have my own...spent most of 2020 watching 2016 8v on Autotrader but then with new one and chance to get one, it seemed like a great idea.
Anyway, I have enjoyed my time with car but I have got rather paranoid. Seeing the Extreme Parking thread helped me to realise I am not alone. But normally on any journey I was checking parking at other end and have actively not driven to a few places as I don't trust fellow (car) parkers. So not sure If it was me being ultra cautious with my car or extra paranoid as I knew it would be going relatively quickly. (The red was a compromise, but had I gone for my perfect colour, I think I would probably still be waiting and probably even more paranoid (as well as being a little poorer too)

So the other point, my car goes in the garage and I always thought, ok a 3dr Golf R is awkward but all my problems will be solved with a 5dr car. Wasn't sure about extra width of RS3 but its got five doors, so it'll be fine. Of course, not only is the RS3 wider, but the door sculpting also projects when you open to get out. Its far tighter than I wanted to carry on with for too long. Had one very near miss. (and yes the garage walls have triple layer cardboard and polystyrene in the vital places)

I also sat down and looked at my bank account and did some further analysis (I know what you are thinking...but didn't you know the bills get bigger with an RS3). Yes, I pretty much knew every cost and was as fine as you can be with it....but with possession of the car, the bills get that bit closer and a little more present.
So I decided what I wanted in a car and as usual had to compromise but ordered new one....12months they said....So its turned up after 5months. To quote something I saw related to a departed icon.,"Don't cry that its over, smile because it happened". The RS3 is a great car and wonderful to drive but its just "Right car, Wrong time" Perhaps the extra features (red brake calipers, interior design pack, alloy choice, better exterior colours), would have mad me think differently.

If you ask me to sum up reasons. Its car dimensions, financial and security. Dimensions, I've mentioned above and financial it comes down to running costs. Yes I want all the fun, but not the bills at the end of the day and that just isn't possible with RS3. Security, maybe I am extra paranoid on this and generally life is safer than the isolated (or few) incidents that happen, but I didn't want to find out).

So its a farewell, but you are all a good bunch so I will probably stay around to offer my thoughts on occasions. To sum up (my position in the car hierarchy) then the best I can think, recalls The Frost Report from 60s (no I'm not that old but I've seen the repeats) with a sketch featuring John Cleese, Ronnie Barker & Ronnie Corbett........ the punchline being "I know my place " (So that's how I feel, time to save and take the money with everything that is happening all around)

So I'm going back to my comfort zone, Half the Price and Half the Power (and I get red contrast stitching......(and no its not an MG)
At the end of the day, as long as you're happy, that's all that matters. Good luck with your next car.

I still regret selling my 2016 rs3, swapped for an m135i in March 2020. Still working from home so only done 8k miles. Put it on carwow and got 1k more than I wanted. Cost me 2k over 2.5 years.

Can't justify an 8y rs3 cost wise or wait wise.

Decided I just wanted a fun car, not expensive, ended up with this, and absolutely loving it.
Steve.

Attachments

• 20220329_161935.jpg
    20220329_161935.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 89
Reactions: Snake Pliskin, AndyVWR, NevMan and 1 other person

So I'm guessing Golf GTI :)

PS: I had to modify my garage layout as well, 1/4 is a visqueen 'tent' where I keep Motorcycles with de humidifier through the winter months, I gound with the RS3 I was struggling to get out when compared to the Golf R, i'm still not 100% sure I did the correct thing trading to RS3, I imagine a trip back in a Golf R might remove the rose tinted glasses

Reactions: NevMan and 8YARWY
Another one bites the dust then.
What you looking to move to mate ?

It’s bizarre how the 8Y has struck a chord with some, but yet others just don’t get on with it.
I do wonder if a better interior would’ve helped though………and better sound lol

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and itsbigyellow
It’s bizarre how the 8Y has struck a chord with some, but yet others just don’t get on with it.

The price doesn't help either

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and AndyVWR

It seems to me that previous 8V owners have the biggest issues with the 8Y, and I sort of get it. It sounds worse, less plush inside and costs a fortune in comparison. I got in a brand new hybrid Golf a friend of mine got as a company car on Friday. Can't say I could see an estimated £30k of difference in the interior that's for sure.

Having said all that, every time I squeeze the throttle, stamp on the brake or turn the steering wheel I am still (after nearly 3000 miles) a very happy boy. Also - I have never had so many comments from strangers about the car, even the 60-year old chimney sweep said it was a nice car yesterday !

At the end of the day, as long as you're happy, that's all that matters. Good luck with your next car.

I still regret selling my 2016 rs3, swapped for an m135i in March 2020. Still working from home so only done 8k miles. Put it on carwow and got 1k more than I wanted. Cost me 2k over 2.5 years.

Can't justify an 8y rs3 cost wise or wait wise.

Decided I just wanted a fun car, not expensive, ended up with this, and absolutely loving it.
Steve.
Thanks @txosbi and thanks for best wishes. I like your choice of car and glad you are enjoying it as well.

Reactions: txosbi and 8YARWY
So I'm guessing Golf GTI :)

PS: I had to modify my garage layout as well, 1/4 is a visqueen 'tent' where I keep Motorcycles with de humidifier through the winter months, I gound with the RS3 I was struggling to get out when compared to the Golf R, i'm still not 100% sure I did the correct thing trading to RS3, I imagine a trip back in a Golf R might remove the rose tinted glasses
oh nearly...I have gone a size down so Polo GTI.

I think if I had thought about Golf R spec a little more then I might still be driving it, but there was the desire to get into a RS3. At least I can say I've done it. Ironically it was the dial showing the Power and Torque that sort of mad me think too.... all that power and I still can't get past the line of car/lorries/buses. Maybe I could make do with cheaper car and less power.

I still think the RS3 is a great car and you certainly can get good economy when you push it. But amazing off the line when you want to get somewhere quick.

Reactions: Mike.46

You had the 8V PFL and FL Sean is it really any worse then the FL?

TX.

You don’t realise what you had till it’s gone. Engine & exhaust sound plus the interior contrast from the 8v would have made such a huge difference to the 8y. It would have been an incredible car then. I still maintain the exterior styling of the 8y is bang on the money though as is the drive / handling.
8y RS3 Saloon is one of the best if not the looking car in its class mate ....

It seems to me that previous 8V owners have the biggest issues with the 8Y, and I sort of get it. It sounds worse, less plush inside and costs a fortune in comparison. I got in a brand new hybrid Golf a friend of mine got as a company car on Friday. Can't say I could see an estimated £30k of difference in the interior that's for sure.

Having said all that, every time I squeeze the throttle, stamp on the brake or turn the steering wheel I am still (after nearly 3000 miles) a very happy boy. Also - I have never had so many comments from strangers about the car, even the 60-year old chimney sweep said it was a nice car yesterday !
Your New to Audi? That maybe the difference I've never owned a RS3 But l have owned a few Audi's in the past 7 years and driven the best that Audi has had offer bar this one l got compliments on all of my Audi's....but owning a car that drives well and being complemented isn't everything mate especially at this price point

Reactions: Mr Freeze and itsbigyellow
Your New to Audi? That maybe the difference I've never owned a RS3 But l have owned a few Audi's in the past 7 years and driven the best that Audi has had offer bar this one l got compliments on all of my Audi's....but owning a car that drives well and being complemented isn't everything mate especially at this price point
All RS audi's are overpriced even older generation platforms.
yes they are nice but so are a lot of others.

Yeah I hear you, but for me the pluses outweigh the negatives and it driving well was always going to be the main factor for me. You are right though it is my first Audi so my frame of reference is going to be different for anybody that has owned one.

Reactions: Mr Freeze and Jassyo06
All RS audi's are overpriced even older generation platforms.
yes they are nice but so are a lot of others.
I never said they weren't overpriced especially right now £65,500 for my car its at least £10k overpriced l went to buy a Ford fiesta 1-0 ecoboost St line with panoramic roof £25k £3k overpriced

Yeah they've always been overpriced RS cars but you couldn't find any cheapness to them you can now Audi built their reputation on their build quality and bullet proof interiors.....not anymore and sadly the models that are left that do TT range A4 A5 R8 are soon to be replaced with inferior parts everywhere

Reactions: Frizzley, Snake Pliskin, Mr Freeze and 1 other person
What's the average price tag on a new 8y , £65k ?

My order was 61k.

I bought mine for 59k.

Been offered 52k lol although it went up 1500 yesterday.

But I gained 8k on my 8V from what it was worth pre Covid.

Reactions: Jassyo06
Sock it too me baby lol could work for you eh............. ? Lol

R..e..s..p..e..c..t sock it to me, sock it to me, sock it to me, sock it to me………..

• Haha
Reactions: Mr Freeze, Snake Pliskin, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
@Mr Freeze more Macan Porsche porn for ya mate

Attachments

• 20220828_150358.jpg
    20220828_150358.jpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 103
  • 20220828_150344.jpg
    20220828_150344.jpg
    6 MB · Views: 93
  • 20220828_150144.jpg
    20220828_150144.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 87
  • 20220828_150130.jpg
    20220828_150130.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 95
  • 20220828_150222.jpg
    20220828_150222.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 87
  • 20220828_145929.jpg
    20220828_145929.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 97
  • 20220828_145619.jpg
    20220828_145619.jpg
    6.5 MB · Views: 106
  • Love
Reactions: Jay 1234, FBF01, NevMan and 3 others

If the 8y had the soundtrack of the 8v and the interior packs that Europe have ... it would sort everything !
I wonder how many of the happy 8y owners, did not experience the 8v RS3 ?

Reactions: Terminator x