RS3 8Y General Discussion Thread.

R1 CHR

Grinch 24/7
Gold Supporter
8V it made the ride a lot better.

The datum points the mag ride height sensors give after lowering are all off, so the car has no reference for the true wheel centre to arch height.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This might be a daft question but is any such calibration necessary after lowering on the 8Y?

Mike.46

This might be a daft question but is any such calibration necessary after lowering on the 8Y?
Generally speaking lowering any car normally adds 'an increase' in Negative camber and toe in for starters, 'If' the various suspension and other ecu's receive feedback from any height sensors then I imagine the answer to your question would be 'yes'

Manufacturers spend a lot of time and effort taking stuff into account like Roll centres etc, even before the computer controlled suspension era it was pretty hard to improve on std settings

Years ago (1991) we ran 2 brand new 964 Carrera RS in the Porsche Cup, straight out of the showroom (with just slicks fitted) they were within 1 second of lap record at Donnington, finding that last 1 second takes some effort and £

Murkle

Three days into Audi ownership and been greeted the last two mornings by a pool of fluid on the garage floor. Around the passenger front wheel so looks like the washer bottle is leaking. Totally ****** off at the thought of a 200 mile round trip to the dealers for repairs already.

8YARWY

Just for you TX....
Generally speaking lowering any car normally adds 'an increase' in Negative camber and toe in for starters, 'If' the various suspension and other ecu's receive feedback from any height sensors then I imagine the answer to your question would be 'yes'

Manufacturers spend a lot of time and effort taking stuff into account like Roll centres etc, even before the computer controlled suspension era it was pretty hard to improve on std settings

Years ago (1991) we ran 2 brand new 964 Carrera RS in the Porsche Cup, straight out of the showroom (with just slicks fitted) they were within 1 second of lap record at Donnington, finding that last 1 second takes some effort and £

It’ll be like like the 8V…… owners lowering and out the window goes all the carefully calibrated suspension settings because they think, I’ll lower it, so it must be better lol.

When I started doing the mag ride calibration with Alex at VCC you wouldn’t believe the difference owners were reporting once having the procedure done…. Night and day most reported.

Mastachaz

You worried like ......
In one hand dont make me happy as i overpay almost.5k for mine.in other hand I dont mind as plenty cars will be build next year including my cancelled order and i got one from few months

RSt3ve

My WBAC value dropped by 4k this week having been rising by about 500 a week for the past 6. It doesn't affect anything, just interesting to see the fluctuations.

8YARWY

Just for you TX....
Gave the Raceglaze water filter its first outing today…..

Sooo much better than the Aqua Gleam.
2db2c06b62fe380b47280f4e56c35884.jpg

RS5JON

Just back from Italy, what a trip and what a car to do it in! The car’s now officially done more miles in Europe than the UK :laugh:
Pretty impressed with the mpg over that distance too (boring I know) and some fairly fun miles were had!
Now to try and get rid of the thousands of bug splats on the front end, plus see how many stone chips there could be :sadlike:

77927AE9-37C3-45C4-8F17-7E0F7070EAB0.jpeg
3FA0DD7D-C9C9-4BCE-92BB-FC6393DCB8A7.jpeg
36B6E869-E58A-44EA-A417-B7E4A5AE1446.jpeg
A9DB086A-6D5D-4EA6-BAAD-442760A817DD.jpeg

HulkRS3

Kyalami RS3 Saloon
Just back from Italy, what a trip and what a car to do it in! The car’s now officially done more miles in Europe than the UK :laugh:
Pretty impressed with the mpg over that distance too (boring I know) and some fairly fun miles were had!
Now to try and get rid of the thousands of bug splats on the front end, plus see how many stone chips there could be :sadlike:

View attachment 255897 View attachment 255899 View attachment 255900 View attachment 255901
That registration plate :blink:

garethdj

So not quite 24 hours with the car yet but loving it, feels very quick. Almost like my 8v after it was mapped but… I have been a named driver on a 1.0 Q2 for about 10mins.

One thing I did noticed though, I gave it some moderate beans through a tunnel, whilst not a patch on the 8v overall. It still sounds great with the roof open and right conditions!

RS03???

Anyone have any links or suggestions for a mmi screen protector, pref tempered glass like product, the same as used on phone screens?
Only seen flexible film on Aliexp&*& as a full kit to cover everything in front, for LHD and RHD. Tempered glass not spotted for the A3 yet.

RS03???

So not quite 24 hours with the car yet but loving it, feels very quick. Almost like my 8v after it was mapped but… I have been a named driver on a 1.0 Q2 for about 10mins.

One thing I did noticed though, I gave it some moderate beans through a tunnel, whilst not a patch on the 8v overall. It still sounds great with the roof open and right conditions!

Fortunately, 8Y to be a bit louder than my previous 8V - OPF vrersion.

Spinstorm

Slightly off-topic. And I might open a can of worms but I just had the pleasure of driving the Huracan EVO up the Goodwood circuit myself.

Having never driven a Lamborghini before or driven on any race circuit- let alone Goodwood that was an experience.

And that V10 noise - magical!

I also had a brief chat with Matt Watson from Carwow and Tim Shmee - just a quick hello maybe see you sometime soon at a press launch kind of thing… also as I’m sitting here at the Lambo hospitality I saw the best-dressed man in cars - the CEO of Lamborghini- Mr. Stephen Winkleman.

Obviously the access I have gotten is a result of my YouTube channel but the FOS is still a fantastic place to visit if your into cars.

Slightly off-topic. And I might open a can of worms but I just had the pleasure of driving the Huracan EVO up the Goodwood circuit myself.

Having never driven a Lamborghini before or driven on any race circuit- let alone Goodwood that was an experience.

And that V10 noise - magical!

I also had a brief chat with Matt Watson from Carwow and Tim Shmee - just a quick hello maybe see you sometime soon at a press launch kind of thing… also as I’m sitting here at the Lambo hospitality I saw the best-dressed man in cars - the CEO of Lamborghini- Mr. Stephen Winkleman.

Obviously the access I have gotten is a result of my YouTube channel but the FOS is still a fantastic place to visit if your into cars.
No mate, and as an up and coming journalist you should understand the difference between a hill climb and a circuit On a circuit you arrive where you started, on a hill climb you start at the bottom and end at the top Anyway - hope you had a good day, plenty of name-dropping will always cheer the forum up

abmat

VCDS Map User
Goodwood does have a circuit. It runs round the aerodrome.

Last edited:

Spinstorm

You are correct it was the hill climb - not the circuit but not everyone would maybe understand the difference so I kept it as simple as possible.

If you watch the YouTube feed of today you can see me standing next to the yellow EVO while they interview the STO driver and also the previous Stig who apparently was only slightly ahead of where I was standing.

garethdj

Couple of questions…

I’m used to being able to hold the lock button and windows and sun roof go up. This seems to be intermittent on the 8Y. Is there a ‘knack’ to it?

Is there anyway to get the annoying select user profile thing to just default to my profile on the MMI?

RichK

Is there anyway to get the annoying select user profile thing to just default to my profile on the MMI?

I’d love to know the answer to this too. I know if you leave it it eventually just disappears but it is rather annoying having to press continue each time.

Mike.46

^ I turned my 'comfort opening off' after doing some Motorcycle work in my garage came out andd all the windows where fully open and sunroof tilted, good job it was a dry day, I think the buttons on the key are too easy to press

Love the moderate beans lol - good man!

Did you have it in sport mode on the gearbox as that seems to be the only thing that directly influences the exhaust flaps from what I can tell.

The modes just change how the soundaktor type device works.

garethdj

Love the moderate beans lol - good man!

Did you have it in sport mode on the gearbox as that seems to be the only thing that directly influences the exhaust flaps from what I can tell.

The modes just change how the soundaktor type device works.

It’s hard to keep it strictly under 4k but I’m doing ok so far haha.

Yes had it in individual mode engine and exhaust to dynamic and then gearbox in S.

Sunroof and windows open as I went through. I’ve got to say I do notice a difference when switching modes whilst idle but not really had enough to take in the difference rolling.

Spinstorm

Here is my video - it is not how I planned it excactly! I took two go pro cameras and the plan was to set one up facing me and one the track. However I was expected to drive.

We literally had to run to the start line and then the stewards wouldn’t let me attach the cameras AND they were telling me I needed to start the course And then the driver said I could drive. Having never been in a Lambo before I immediately put it into reverse :p And then figured out I had to pull the paddle. The initial run up the hill I was focused on the drive so Jack (from lambo) filmed me but I wasn’t talking much. And coming back down I was more interested in playing with the shifts! Nevertheless a fun day and drive.

AndyVWR

Just read last half dozen messages.

1) worst keys ever had for accidental pressing. Pretty much every trip they are triggered without cause.
2) love the hold key for windows open/close function.
3) did come down one day and all windows fully open…what the hell (but clearly pressed and held by me accidentally. Fortunately in garage so no harm done.
4) MMI start up…. I’ve set up key user and. I think that loses the choice of user or guest.
However still need to choose by pressing continue on start up.
I’ve reactivated the pin code(it’ll be a pain) but at least it offers some protection should the worst happen.

AndyVWR

However, just to be contrary….I do love being able to keep key in pocket and get in start and just press start button.

Mike.46

Just read last half dozen messages.

1) worst keys ever had for accidental pressing. Pretty much every trip they are triggered without cause.
2) love the hold key for windows open/close function.
3) did come down one day and all windows fully open…what the hell (but clearly pressed and held by me accidentally. Fortunately in garage so no harm done.
4) MMI start up…. I’ve set up key user and. I think that loses the choice of user or guest.
However still need to choose by pressing continue on start up.
I’ve reactivated the pin code(it’ll be a pain) but at least it offers some protection should the worst happen.
1)......Yes, car bleeps and does weird things if im working in my garage with key in pocket
2)......I turned the 'open function off, it still does the close bit, last thing I need is all windows wide open, the car should relock itself after xx time but still leaves all windows wide open
3)......As above
4).....MMI still asks me to confirm myself, it's stopped altering the memory seats (to whichever key user is present) altogether now when the door is opened
5)....MMI/Radio lost all it's 'Last stations' and 'Favourites' the other day?