Sportback RS3 (8V07) Launch controll: not able to build max boost

Cest normal

Reaction score
When i initiate launch controll and build up the revs to around 3500 RPM with max throttle, The boost only goes up to 30-50% boost. It does not matter how long i hold The brake before launching. The boost simply wont go to 100%..

Any experiencing the same? And does anyone have solutions to come around this problem?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When i initiate launch controll and build up the revs to around 3500 RPM with max throttle, The boost only goes up to 30-50% boost. It does not matter how long i hold The brake before launching. The boost simply wont go to 100%..

Any experiencing the same? And does anyone have solutions to come around this problem?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If I remember I'll do a dummy launch later, but I'm pretty sure that it doesn't give full boost on launch to give the best possible start. Videos of launches on YouTube also show this.

Reactions: Terminator x
Aha thanks for your reply!
I have seen some videos on YT saying that you have to build boost in all RS models to get The most out of The launch. Also i have seen videos of a 2018 Audi S3 building 100% boost. I guess both The new S3 and RS3 models have the same launch system? Correct me if i am wrong.

*cough* sept 14th delivery , 520miles so far , zero launches .... I feel so dirty and ashamed of myself .

Reactions: oli356, Bristle Hound, Terminator x and 1 other person
*cough* sept 14th delivery , 520miles so far , zero launches .... I feel so dirty and ashamed of myself .

Now go and stand in the corner!!

Reactions: oli356, zippster and Terminator x

520 miles, what? :O

Mine isn’t used daily as I don’t need it for work, I still manage 1000 miles a month.

Reactions: NevMan, zippster and 45bvtc
520 miles, what? :O

Mine isn’t used daily as I don’t need it for work, I still manage 1000 miles a month.

Wait till you see BLUEY's 7-year old odometer....
4317.gif

Oh dear, spill the beans... ;)

It does pain me to see over 14,000 miles on my clock :( :(

Me thinks you've been peeking... :readit: but no worries, it's past 'that' but only just, now.... :whistle2:

For us, sometimes, it's a difficult choice, M; we enjoy each of our cars for what they are; but come the snow, then RS3 (on winter rubber) all the way...

Safe journey tomorrow... :racer:

Reactions: NevMan
Me thinks you've been peeking... :readit: but no worries, it's past 'that' but only just, now.... :whistle2:

For us, sometimes, it's a difficult choice, M; we enjoy each of our cars for what they are; but come the snow, then RS3 (on winter rubber) all the way...

Safe journey tomorrow... :racer:

Oh wow that’s quite an achievement, I don’t think I could refrain from driving my car that much... I don’t drive it enough now in my mind :O

Well my RS3 in the snow last winter got stuck in a Harvester car park on a slight incline, utterly embarrassing. When I say stuck, spinning up not beached so I’m convinced it was more a factor of ice than snow, had to swallow my pride and reverse back down the incline and take the less testing route. It was on the P-Zero’s which are far from ideal, but I’ve decided again this winter to not put a set of winters on as a plan to keep it off of the salted roads. However when the snow does come, it may pop out for a quick run, but I’ve got no confidence in not getting stuck anymore.

All the other cars on our driveway have winter rubber, it’s a must for a daily driver.

Thank you, I plan on setting off nice and early to have a steady plod up and enjoy being out in the RS for a change. Look forward to meeting everyone tomorrow :D

Oh wow that’s quite an achievement, I don’t think I could refrain from driving my car that much... I don’t drive it enough now in my mind :O

Well my RS3 in the snow last winter got stuck in a Harvester car park on a slight incline, utterly embarrassing. When I say stuck, spinning up not beached so I’m convinced it was more a factor of ice than snow, had to swallow my pride and reverse back down the incline and take the less testing route. It was on the P-Zero’s which are far from ideal, but I’ve decided again this winter to not put a set of winters on as a plan to keep it off of the salted roads. However when the snow does come, it may pop out for a quick run, but I’ve got no confidence in not getting stuck anymore.

The old Chinese proverb says "One Picture Worth Ten Thousand Words" so here's just one:

SNOW BLUEY 7473

And this at a high point on Cannock Chase; unfortunately the chef didn't make it, tsk!

An incredibly good machine on snow with the right tyres is an Audi RS3 (8P/8v/facelift/pre-facelift, whatever)
:racer:

Attachments

• Winter wheels and tyres #2.JPG
    Winter wheels and tyres #2.JPG
    162 KB · Views: 211
Last edited:
Reactions: NevMan, DW81 and oli356
The old Chinese proverb says "One Picture Worth Ten Thousand Words" so here's just one:

View attachment 174396

And this at a high point on Cannock Chase; unfortunately the chef didn't make it, tsk!

An incredibly good machine on snow with the right tyres is an Audi RS3 (8P/8v/facelift/pre-facelift, whatever)
:racer:

I can recall seeing that picture before and noting how high the snow is there, zero ground clearance :D

What tyres do you run for winter? It all comes down to cost for me at the moment, trying to do the right thing and save in all different directions for different things. Especially when the car is already shredding front tyres with an undetermined issue can I really justify spending near on a grand for a set of winter tyres when the car isn’t used daily, ultimately it would just be for the fun of it.

I always thought the RS would be too low to tackle any reasonable amount of snow? Can see me taking the front bumper off ;)

7a4672f43df6014ddf59e0d829e8a74a.jpg

463d11cf3754cc3cfdcd74bf1b658f87.jpg

7318e6aad84f044d75eff24420de05e9.jpg

e9ac79f74bdb9f3a53a2f55bc33ffc4a.jpg

Little bit of a picture overload of the only time mine has seen a proper layer of snow, otherwise just driven in remnants but as you can see, nothing too challenging and this day I learnt how happy it is to go round and round in circles, fantastic fun but really nowhere open enough to give it some. They do slide for sure, too close to kerbs for comfort ;-)

Reactions: NevMan, oli356 and 45bvtc
I can recall seeing that picture before and noting how high the snow is there, zero ground clearance :D

What tyres do you run for winter? It all comes down to cost for me at the moment, trying to do the right thing and save in all different directions for different things. Especially when the car is already shredding front tyres with an undetermined issue can I really justify spending near on a grand for a set of winter tyres when the car isn’t used daily, ultimately it would just be for the fun of it.

I always thought the RS would be too low to tackle any reasonable amount of snow? Can see me taking the front bumper off ;)

I run Vredestein Wintrac Xtreme on the RS3 (you'll see tomorrow) 235/35 on OEM 8J rims front and rear, like so:

Winter wheels and tyres 2 SNOW BLUEY 749

Vredestein Wintrac Xtreme on the TT (quattro) also but on 9J rims, superb!

TOYO Snowprox on the A1 - even with the supercharger and front-wheel drive only - to momentarily excite - these are amazingly good... :racer:

PS: invest now and sell on when you change cars...

P1000009

Think SAFE!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: NevMan

7a4672f43df6014ddf59e0d829e8a74a.jpg

463d11cf3754cc3cfdcd74bf1b658f87.jpg

7318e6aad84f044d75eff24420de05e9.jpg

e9ac79f74bdb9f3a53a2f55bc33ffc4a.jpg

Little bit of a picture overload of the only time mine has seen a proper layer of snow, otherwise just driven in remnants but as you can see, nothing too challenging and this day I learnt how happy it is to go round and round in circles, fantastic fun but really nowhere open enough to give it some. They do slide for sure, too close to kerbs for comfort ;-)

STUNNING...
5187.gif

Reactions: NevMan and AudiNutta
I run Vredestein Wintrac Xtreme on the RS3 (you'll see tomorrow) 235/35 on OEM 8J rims front and rear, like so:

View attachment 174401 View attachment 174402

Vredestein Wintrac Xtreme on the TT (quattro) also but on 9J rims, superb!

TOYO Snowprox on the A1 - even with the supercharger and front-wheel drive only - to momentarily excite - these are amazingly good... :racer:

PS: invest now and sell on when you change cars...

View attachment 174404

Think SAFE!!!!

Hmm, today’s visit to the forum could be expensive.

I will definitely have to consider some winter tyres, after all as I keep selling to my Mum and Girlfriend it’s not a snow tyre it’s a cold weather tyre.

Very excited to see Bluey tomorrow! Definitely need to try and get some photos side by side if possible, I’ve been studying your car for years will be surreal to see it.

Reactions: NevMan and 45bvtc
Hmm, today’s visit to the forum could be expensive.

I will definitely have to consider some winter tyres, after all as I keep selling to my Mum and Girlfriend it’s not a snow tyre it’s a cold weather tyre.

Very excited to see Bluey tomorrow! Definitely need to try and get some photos side by side if possible, I’ve been studying your car for years will be surreal to see it.

Below 7°C and winter rubber has ALL the advantages in braking and steering and arguably traction too; and all you have is them 4-precious contact patches... Safe journey tomorrow...

Reactions: NevMan, DW81, AudiNutta and 1 other person