RS3 8v with a young family

Chilly

Reaction score
Good Evening All,

We are looking at upgrading our 8p A3 & S3 to an RS3 and we're just interested in your thoughts on having the car with a young family. We are expecting our first very soon and although we have driven and love the car we wonder if the boot and rear of the car is sufficiently big enough for lugging all the bambino bits about.

I am aware the RS3 boot is a touch smaller than the previous A3's (even though ours are Quattro's) but in reality does it make that much of an impact day to day?

Best Regards

Chilly

I've got a 3 month old and day to day you'll have no issues, our pram fits in the boot along with changing bag and a few other bits stuffed around as required.
For anything more than a day out you'll need a roof box tho...
I got the 300L (least volume/longest/thinnest) Audi one and just did a week away last week. Very happy with it, hefty price at £650 retail (including roof bars) - I negotiated £500 with my dealer. I spec'd the roof rails knowing we'd get the bars.
I can fit the pram in the roof box too.

I would say you should decide on a pram and take it to the stealers to be sure though as they are all so different in the shapes they fold up into!

b96fa03b5cd24465de391a1d2ed238ab.jpg

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3 and Chilly
Thanks Josedebardi for the quick response much appreciated. Out of curiosity what pray have you got?

Also be aware that a particularly tall person won't be too comfortable in the front passenger seat with the car seat behind - I always drive so the Wife is fine but take it into consideration if someone over 6ft is likely to be doing long journeys in the passenger seat.

There's no way I could drive with the car seat behind me...

Good point thanks, sounds like you have the same driving set up as us.

I drive, the boss navigates.....

I remember taking my golf clubs into Audi dealership to see if they would fit in a TT boot.
Brilliant if you take the pram in for the RS3
Modern day dads lol.

Reactions: Chilly
We got the Venicci with the Maxi Cosi Pebble Plus.
Reasons...
Pram was cheaper than the 'brands' like Silver Cross/iCandy, and comes with all the extras like changing bag/drinks holder and god knows what included (all the others sting you for the accessories on top of the crazy starting price!).
Me and the boss both love the pram, really can't fault it. Have used it in all terrain and it's great (we like a weekend walk in rural Dorset!).
While Venicci make a car seat, it is to the old standards, so we went for the Pebble Plus which is iSize compliant.
It also has the added bonus of using the 2WayFix base which does this seat and the next seat up (otherwise you'd be spending an extra £150 in 15 months for the next car seat base!).
Plus if a second sprog comes along in 2-3 years time same base for either car seat...

This is where we got ours https://www.babybirds.co.uk/venicci-pram-plus-car-seat-and-accessories-all-colours

Last edited:
Reactions: Chilly
Thanks Hood - it may just convince the boss that it's a viable option.

Cheers Josedebardi will look in to it. I can see your logic regarding the prom and base.

Thanks again guys much appreciated.

No worries and congratulations!

Enjoy the sleepless nights and getting really good at one-handed everything :)

Reactions: AudiNutta and Chilly
If it's going to be your only car or its your biggest car I'd suggest looking elsewhere.
Okay for occasional use, but not ideal, when we had the S3 Sportback, our daughter only went in it once a week and it wasn't much fun for her - head hit the roof most times getting her in and out of the car and left dirty marks on the seat back with her feet. Boot will fit a pram and not much else.
It became a pain in the a$$ pretty quickly.
The other times we used the wife's diesel Q5.

SQ5 Plus wouldn't cost much more than the RS3 and you'll get a better deal on one too.
Best of both worlds perhaps?

We've got a S5 Sportback as our family (and fun) car now and it's got good space and a great boot.

I can say the SQ5 is a good compromise, I really enjoyed mine and definitely more practical!

And I am planning to get a bigger car when mine is 2+. Depends how long you plan to keep it, you'd be OK at baby stage but as above I don't plan to keep it for forward facing toddler stage (or at least only a few months of that).