RS3 8V to B9 S4 Avant?

Spaceman_RS3

Reaction score
Ordered a new s4 avant today to replace my rs3. I have a Passat estate as well and that will be sold when the s4 arrives as going to run just one car.

Spec that I remember so far is
Ibis white
Magma red leather
Red brakes
Light and vision pack
Black pack
19inch spokes
Hill hold assist
Pano roof
Think that's about it.

Was thinking of getting tow bar for a bike rack but may get roof bars for the odd time we take the bikes?

Any thoughts guys.
P.S iv not driven one none near me but getting a blast in the salesman wife's new s5 next few days.
Going to miss my rs3 so much I really love it but I only do about 2-3k miles a year and wife only doing 4K a year in the Passat so rs3 plus Passat led me too s4 avant. Hope to run it for a few years then get a new rs4 when they have some discount about.

The wife choose the ibis white there was a tdi in showroom in it with black pack was lovely plus it's very easy to maintain.
Tango red with black leather was a close second for now.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Joetidman
No B&O? Lovely car btw, nice work

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nice spec.

For the bikes I'd definitely go for the removable tow bar and bike rack option. I wouldn't want to be lifting bikes up onto the roof with the risk of slipping and scratching / denting!

I'm getting my tow bar fitted on the A5 next Wednesday so we can get the bike rack on again.

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3
The Audi tow bar seems dear at 850 much are you going to be for the s5 if you don't mind me asking?
I'm 6ft 3 putting them up not too much hassle but more worried about crap dropping on the roof

Well I'm 5'7" so I have a slight height disadvantage!!

I'm getting mine fitted by PF Jones. The factory fit is £850. As I bagged a pre built to avoid the new tax post-April, this wasn't an option.

My dealer said they could get one fitted for £750 (coincidentally by PF Jones who are charging me £520-530 including fitting and coding!)

It's a Bosal removable towbar with 7 pin electronics and uses genuine Audi towbar wiring loom fully warranted.

Folded and well added the folding mirrors and the reversing camera so we have everything we want in it now.

Should be joining you soon Spaceman! :D

That's my man rs3 ex owners takeover Wayne collects his s4 tomorrow

Reactions: 5pot
Traitors ;)

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Joetidman, 5pot and Spaceman_RS3
That the pre facelift rs3 owner there:kissingheart::kissingheart:

Come join the dark side Tx it's warm here

Reactions: 5pot and Terminator x
Great choice mate .... I'll be interested to hear thoughts coming from the RS3.

New S4 is a superb car :sunglasses:

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3 and 5pot
I'll let you know snake that will be three of us sold our rs3 and bought a new s4 and Wayne collected his yesterday black saloon it's lovely

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
I'll let you know snake that will be three of us sold our rs3 and bought a new s4 and Wayne collected his yesterday black saloon it's lovely

Very modern & premium feeling car with near performance to match the RS3.

A few owners have said the S4 sounds pretty good too :sunglasses:

Hope so or we will need to look at secondary decats

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
It sounds awesome, open the valves and tickle the accelerator and you're instantly transported to petrol head heaven!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't wait hopefullynwill have been without the rs3 and sports exhaust long enough to appreciate it. Miss my rs3 already

Hopefully a few options on the exhaust by time it arrives! Otherwise I'll go down the custom route :laughing:

Reactions: Daggerit and Spaceman_RS3