RS3 8V PFL

millsy75

Reaction score
Can we disconnect our batteries on these cars and re-connect them days or weeks later without any problems or coding required?

I know when you swop a battery for a new one it needs to be coded to the car but just wondering if we get a second lockdown is this an option for saving my battery (no power to lockup).

Thanks.

Can we disconnect our batteries on these cars and re-connect them days or weeks later without any problems or coding required?

I know when you swop a battery for a new one it needs to be coded to the car but just wondering if we get a second lockdown is this an option for saving my battery (no power to lockup).

Thanks.

Just get a CTEK charger and leave it connected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just get a CTEK charger and leave it connected.

I have one, no power to Lockup though. Can the battery be disconnected and connected with no problems or coding? Thanks.

I have one, no power to Lockup though. Can the battery be disconnected and connected with no problems or coding? Thanks.

Ah right.
Should think so then.

I'll try and remember to give Audi a call next week see if they can advise.

I'll try and remember to give Audi a call next week see if they can advise.

You’ll just have to set up date and time i imagine.

Coding isn’t something the car will forget.

You’ll just have to set up date and time i imagine.

Coding isn’t something the car will forget.

Ok great, after the last lockdown my battery died and it cost me £500 to get the car going again, AA membership, AA call-out and a new battery. Didn't want to have to do that again in a few months time if we get locked down again.

Has anyone got a HG Motorsports intake pipe and uprated panel filter on their pfl and how is it? What difference does it make sound and performance wise?
Cheers.

Has anyone got a HG Motorsports intake pipe and uprated panel filter on their pfl and how is it? What difference does it make sound and performance wise?
Cheers.

My mate has one for sale he bought my pfl and has just sold it stock so has a few goodies including hg pipe and k&n panel filter

Reactions: Naylor92
I found the car was much stronger 3500 upwards it pulled much better.

Reactions: Naylor92
I found the car was much stronger 3500 upwards it pulled much better.
That’s good to hear! I’ve just bought one now brand new direct from them, also put a bmc filter in the other day. Nice to hear it makes a noticeable difference, any much to sound?