RS3 8V Orders List

It does look great! Apart from the PP which do nothing for me. In fact PP generally are a big turn off . Sorry!

Ordered mine mid Feb in Sepang Blue, was initially told September delivery, my dealer has shopped around and have been told mid June, just waiting for the build number now, obviously so i can check daily where in the system it is.
By the way new here and new to Audi

Reactions: Scotty2011
Ordered mine mid Feb in Sepang Blue, was initially told September delivery, my dealer has shopped around and have been told mid June, just waiting for the build number now, obviously so i can check daily where in the system it is.
By the way new here and new to Audi
Hi and Welcome to audi-sport.net. Hope the wait for the new car flies in. Meanwhile, enjoy the forum. :)

We after my second rejected S3 saloon in the space of a year deciding to pay the difference and go for the RS3. Hopefully this will be 100% correct.

My RS3 spec is -

Sepang
Privacy Glass
High gloss Black pack
Titanium Matt wheels
Panoramic Roof
Red brake calipers
Heated / Folding Door Mirrors - carbon fibre covers off my S3
High Beam Assist
Hill hold
Technology Pack High
Super Sport Seats With Crescendo red Stitching
RS Design Pack
Comfort & Sound Pack
Dynamic Pack
Reversing camera
Advanced key.

Currently expected in September but will hopeful been sooner.

Reactions: AndyB-S3, Terminator x, Spaceman_RS3 and 2 others
BW18 so should be here hopefully in June:yahoo:

Reactions: Radman
Wow nice spec Andy. Hopefully this order goes along much easier than previous. Are you glad to see the back of panther? .. :-/

Wow nice spec Andy. Hopefully this order goes along much easier than previous. Are you glad to see the back of panther? .. :-/

It better be perfect still love panther just wanted a different colour for the RS3, as I nearly had sepang for the s3.

Why di

why did you end up rejecting both saloons bud?

And kore importantly do you have an escos cause if you do we need pictures

First saloon was rejected after 3 weeks with 2 options missing, and paint faults on the boot. The 2nd had to have paintwork, they also missed the deletion of the smoker's pack which wasn't really an issue, but then realised that the interior light pack wasn't completed installed, the car interior was then damaged when trying to fix it. it actually took 4 months to fix/rectify by this time Audi uk were involved so I argued for a replacement which I then upgraded.

Yes had the cosworth for over 20 years, the only car I owned that's gone up in value.

Reactions: Terminator x and AndyB-S3
Pain in the **** all that hope the rs3 is spot on what dealers you use?

The escos is amazing love them so much 3x times so far iv went on the hunt for one finally found one I wanted twice and both times they were not as described after usually 10 hour round trips or more

And another.

Reactions: Terminator x and AndyB-S3
Nice BT and my fav wheels also.
I always went for the red or aubergine or imperial blue.

Pain in the **** all that hope the rs3 is spot on what dealers you use?

The escos is amazing love them so much 3x times so far iv went on the hunt for one finally found one I wanted twice and both times they were not as described after usually 10 hour round trips or more
Dealer was Northampton, took a lot of arguing to get the second one replaced but in the end I was very happy with the deal. Effectively I getting 15 months use out of the S3 for free.

Just glad I'm not looking to buy the escos now, it's an absolute mine field trying to find decent cars, very few are as they left the factory.

Nice BT and my fav wheels also.
I always went for the red or aubergine or imperial blue.
Ford should've fitted the 18" rondells from factory, the standards are ok but then they started fitted the same design to other models and it devalued them.

Yea believe me I know all o wanted was a pretty much standard car wasn't too fussed if bt or small. And fit some nice suspension and a set of rondell ms if I could find them.
Closest I came was a aubergine small turbo on comp mo running ggr 305 kit was lovely had been painted and underneath done too but something wasn't right some proper dodgy wiring on the morretes (like standard lights) then out for a drive was great until it started cutting out just driving a long or coming to a stop could have been simple idle control valve or something random or the fuse box on way out. What got me was seller made out he had no idea what was going on until a few days later he admitted it done that from time to time was not happy. Put me off for the last time to try get one.

Mine's a Harvey Gibbs stage 3, APs on the front and coilovers, other that it's still pretty standard and still all original paint. The fuse box is a common failure and the looms are all starting to degrade and cause all sorts of problems, it's part of the joy of owning one. AA membership should be compulsory if you own one.

Sounds amazing bud
P
A perfect spec that just enough to keep it fresh.

Here's one for you one car I went to buy was actually swapping my 18 month old focus Rs mk2 with 10k on it mint turned up and the escos had been painted but not laqured in the door shuts or anywhere lol then best of all guy says take it easy as its damp??? Turned out it was rwd and he forgot to tell me lol said not to worry I could have 500 off it lol

Did seem to be the in thing a few years ago to convert to rwd, think most have probably been put back. It a shame the mk3 focus doesn't have the mk2 looks else I think I'd of seriously looked at one.

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3
Will hopefully get a drive in one at some point. Think the demonstrators are due in to the dealers next week.

Hello all,

Just joined.

I'm looking to place an order for the RS3. However, I'm stuck for colour choice. I'm interested in 'Atlantic Blue'. Here's a few photographs of Atlantis Blue on BMW M3:

How do you think this'll compare to the Sepang Blue? I will also be considering the black package, red brakes and 19” ‘5-arm Rotor’ design in anthracite black high-gloss finish, diamond cut alloy wheels (19" x 8.5J 255/30 R19 front tyres and 19" x 8J 235/35 R19 rear tyres). As well as the privacy glass, black roof rails, matte aluminum mirrors

I would go for the m3, however, but im too old enough for a saloon.

12671608_10153908505949419_7769734841821876046_o.jpg

atlantis-blue-bmw-e92-m3-from-ind-looks-stunning-photo-gallery_14.jpg

AT13.jpg

19843139443_4d43e22e0b_b.jpg

20275950060_e6648037f7_b.jpg

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Nice choices sepang nothing like Atlantis tho.
How would you compare it mate?

Btw, I'm not sure about the wheels or interior. Does anyone happen to have photographs of the different interiors? I'm considering the cream interior after watching a youtube video (looks very smart but im not sure)

Also not sure about the wheels, anyone got any photographs of these:
19” ‘5-arm Rotor’ design in anthracite black high-gloss finish, diamond cut alloy wheels (19" x 8.5J 255/30 R19 front tyres and 19" x 8J 235/35 R19 rear tyres)

19” ‘5-arm Rotor’ design in titanium matt finish, diamond cut alloy wheels (19" x 8.5J 255/30 R19 front tyres and 19" x 8J 235/35 R19 rear tyres)

19” x 8J ‘5-arm Rotor’ design in titanium matt finish, diamond cut alloy wheels with 235/35 R19 tyres

As well as:
Seats: Lunar silver with contrasting stitching in Granite grey, Dashboard: Black, Carpet: Black, Headliner: Silver
Seats: Black with contrasting stitching in Rock grey, Dashboard: Black, Carpet: Black, Headliner: Black
Seats: Black with contrasting stitching in Crescendo red, Dashboard: Black, Carpet: Black, Headliner: Black

All the wheels look the same just the just the spokes are Matt grey or gloss black if Google 2015 Audi rs3 there are thousands of pics of the wheels and interiors bud

Anyone got a nardo grey? Never seen one in the flesh and wondered what it looks like

Go to Audi dealer me Audi there's loads cars in sepang now there will be a few for sure you can see in the flesh the colour.

Rv20

Loads have nardo grey you need to go see it in the flesh I believe and its options sensitive for me my dealers demo was nardo with Ali style pack horrible put me off it then I see pics of it with black and looks good. It's a very flat colour in bright light I think it actually looks better in the dark or a dull day.

@mraudirs3
IMO I will be going for Sepang, playing it safe. Other colours that have caught my eye are Riviera Blue, Ara Blue and Glacier White. Look on Audi Approved, there are some GORGEOUS Glacier White cars with the black pack, but I simply will not go white again.. I have an A3 Sportback now and I've found the White a nightmare to keep clean, better than black but it's like a tar magnet.

Wheels, I am going for the galvanised silver wheels as I am not keen on the dark centres although I were originally put off by how easy the silver will show the dirt. Plus diamond cut wheels are a kerb magnet, trust me haha.
Regards to size, I spoke to a very intelligible salesman at South Hereford Audi and he said under no circumstances get the 255 fronts, he said all you are doing is causing imbalance.. The back will give way before the front and that doesn't create a stable car. So with that I am a little happier sticking with the standard width Galv wheels. He also said avoid the panoramic roof, because it's a metal box with 360hp inside and after 6 months it will inevitably start rattling and the pano roofs are known for it in a standard car.
That's coming from a man who owns an RS6, which he used to tow his race car and was a major RS enthusiast (brouchures dating back to the 90's in his drawer).

Interior, that's an easy one for me. I have the black half leather interior now and sitting in a Lunar Silver RS3 is such a nice experience, much lighter inside and if you're conscious of what clothing you wear in what condition I am confident it can be kept very nice and it is definitely worth the extra work to keep clean if here will be any. It also has to be the Super Sport seats, which look outstanding.
I would personally go for the black headlining, I have considered silver in my current car but with the lunar silver seats it will really open it up and that's means I am going to go back with a black roof.

@mraudirs3
IMO I will be going for Sepang, playing it safe. Other colours that have caught my eye are Riviera Blue, Ara Blue and Glacier White. Look on Audi Approved, there are some GORGEOUS Glacier White cars with the black pack, but I simply will not go white again.. I have an A3 Sportback now and I've found the White a nightmare to keep clean, better than black but it's like a tar magnet.

Wheels, I am going for the galvanised silver wheels as I am not keen on the dark centres although I were originally put off by how easy the silver will show the dirt. Plus diamond cut wheels are a kerb magnet, trust me haha.
Regards to size, I spoke to a very intelligible salesman at South Hereford Audi and he said under no circumstances get the 255 fronts, he said all you are doing is causing imbalance.. The back will give way before the front and that doesn't create a stable car. So with that I am a little happier sticking with the standard width Galv wheels. He also said avoid the panoramic roof, because it's a metal box with 360hp inside and after 6 months it will inevitably start rattling and the pano roofs are known for it in a standard car.
That's coming from a man who owns an RS6, which he used to tow his race car and was a major RS enthusiast (brouchures dating back to the 90's in his drawer).

Interior, that's an easy one for me. I have the black half leather interior now and sitting in a Lunar Silver RS3 is such a nice experience, much lighter inside and if you're conscious of what clothing you wear in what condition I am confident it can be kept very nice and it is definitely worth the extra work to keep clean if here will be any. It also has to be the Super Sport seats, which look outstanding.
I would personally go for the black headlining, I have considered silver in my current car but with the lunar silver seats it will really open it up and that's means I am going to go back with a black roof.
I've never had a black or white car and I wouldn't go for a black or white car for the reasons you shared. Panoramic sunroof is so appealing. The riviera blue is too bright for me. Ara looks kind of okay

Rv20

Loads have nardo grey you need to go see it in the flesh I believe and its options sensitive for me my dealers demo was nardo with Ali style pack horrible put me off it then I see pics of it with black and looks good. It's a very flat colour in bright light I think it actually looks better in the dark or a dull day.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I think the black styling pack then! I will have to go and see then. Which is the best black?

Audi nuta the salesman that told you about unbalancing the car with wider fronts. Seriously wtf that's the whole point it's to try limit the under steer you won't have to worry about over streer much.

^salesman obv has no clue! Pretty sure the RS design team have more of an idea eh...

Reactions: AudiNutta and Spaceman_RS3
Audi nuta the salesman that told you about unbalancing the car with wider fronts. Seriously wtf that's the whole point it's to try limit the under steer you won't have to worry about over streer much.

Well I originally wanted to spec them, he said to avoid at all costs so not to unbalance the levels of grip.

Wish you hadn't said that now, I wanted the Galv not titanium wheels ;-) lmao

I shake my head bud makes me wonder what other info he may have incorrectly given you?

Ordered beginning of Feb, initially told September delivery, now have build week 14!!!

Convinced however that this is because of the rumoured facelift in build week 22. Won't be happy if this facelift has a power upgrade! We shall see! Spec in my signature.

^salesman obv has no clue! Pretty sure the RS design team have more of an idea eh...

I have the wider fronts on my 8P RS3, they definitely make a huge difference for the better in terms of under steer. I have spec'd them on my 8V order too.

Reactions: 45bvtc
Mines currently in "Quality Control" as of Saturday. Do you think I can expect to see before the month is up? I go on holiday on the 30th, would love to get a drive before I go.

My original estimated delivery date was the 30th, and the initial build was supposed to start today, but it hit the panel shop this time last week, so maybe it's ahead of schedule!? Getting very excited right now!