RS3 8V Orders List

Yeah the wait is starting to get me too now... Knowing that is should be getting built in October.... Not too long but too long!!!

Well today I changed from sepang to panther black and dropped the black pack added silver rails.

How many on here have one? Not many from what I can see! Perhaps on 01 September there will be 100's ;)

TX.

Well after nearly 3 months it's officially mine, here it is in its raw format, untouched as requested and ready for detailing this Thursday.

I will add some post clean photos later this week, interior looks great even with the protective covers still on.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ozmosis, Fuzzy5987, Ashbrummy and 10 others
congrats. Three months was'nt to long to wait and it does look nice.

cant wait for mine to be at the dealers

So my order has went into preparation as of this morning, does anyone know roughly how long it sits in prep before moving on to panel shop?

Reactions: Ashbrummy
So my order has went into preparation as of this morning, does anyone know roughly how long it sits in prep before moving on to panel shop?

It's around 3 weeks I believe.

Reactions: Scotty2011
Mine moved into preparation today as well...

Reactions: Ashbrummy and Scotty2011
So was there any new car collections yesterday or today then ?

Here's our Nardo at the dealer last week. Transported direct to the detailer yesterday for pick up this weekend after a new car prep and glass coating.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441224140410093

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441224153132231

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441224165490718

Reactions: kayemill and Snake Pliskin
Looks awesome, exactly what i have ordered!

Can i ask though, Im seeing more and more of you guys having your cars detailed and opting to not let the audi dealership not even touch your cars! am i missing something? should i not be letting my car be prepped by audi :blink:

Our S3 was "detailed" by Audi and I can't complain about it tbh. Nardo above looks epic!

TX.

Our S3 was "detailed" by Audi and I can't complain about it tbh. Nardo above looks epic!

TX.

Perhaps I should have explained more. When I bought my S1 it had lifeshine and the passenger side went dull/grey and had to be 'machined' at just a few days old, on top of that it then needed a bumper respray due to a manufacturing defect. All of this lead to free lifeshine for my next car being the S3 which I declined as in fairness it looked perfect on inspection. So they rolled it over for the RS3 but with an upgrade to a local detailing company as lifeshine cost to them is pennies and I didn't feel like I was getting any value.

Depends on the dealership really. My previous cars I've not bothered with, and the Daytona grey 8V I have through work looks ok.

However just been given an update from my detailer today and he's got his work cut out - the Nardo paint is very soft in his view compared to The other more regular colours from Audi.

We just decided to pay for a professional new car prep on this car and glass coat it by an old friend who's making a good living from detailing and has done some too notch cars - dealer was happy to transport the car 250 miles for us too!

Hi Scotty, it will move to panel shop on your confirmed build week.......if you've had it confirmed?

Hi Scotty, it will move to panel shop on your confirmed build week.......if you've had it confirmed?
Yeah my build week is 39, week commencing 21st sept so will be keeping a close eye on it then! Starting to feel real now! Thanks for the info :)

Reactions: Andy Dilworth
yay, moved to Panel shop this morning! (BW37 7th sept)

Depends on the dealership really. My previous cars I've not bothered with, and the Daytona grey 8V I have through work looks ok.

However just been given an update from my detailer today and he's got his work cut out - the Nardo paint is very soft in his view compared to The other more regular colours from Audi.

We just decided to pay for a professional new car prep on this car and glass coat it by an old friend who's making a good living from detailing and has done some too notch cars - dealer was happy to transport the car 250 miles for us too!

Hmmmmmm, might have to look into detailers in my area. I don't want to offend them but saying their prep isn't good enough.

does anyone think it would be ok to let my dealer do there normal prep and then take it to a detailer after??

Hmmmmmm, might have to look into detailers in my area. I don't want to offend them but saying their prep isn't good enough.

does anyone think it would be ok to let my dealer do there normal prep and then take it to a detailer after??

It should be fine to do that.
I've had several cars from my Audi Dealer before so am comfortable with their prep.
For my current car, I took it for a detail 1 week after collection.
Detailer told me not to wash it during that time.
He said the condition of the paint was pretty good, so Dealer hadn't made a mess of it.

Reactions: Nardo-RS3
Can i ask where you car currently is on the tracker Andy Dilworth? Your 1 BW before me and my car seems to be taking the same route as you did last thursday going into "panel shop". predicting ill go to paint tomorrow and assembly saturday as you did.

Just wondering if you car has left factory yet? if so what day did it leave?

Cheers

Reactions: billyali86
Can i ask where you car currently is on the tracker Andy Dilworth? Your 1 BW before me and my car seems to be taking the same route as you did last thursday going into "panel shop". predicting ill go to paint tomorrow and assembly saturday as you did.

Cheers

I'm 37 too and car is still in prep stage, was hoping it would got onto the next stage sometime this week

I'm 37 too and car is still in prep stage, was hoping it would got onto the next stage sometime this week

I would imagine mine and your cars are pretty close to each other on the prod line. Imagine you will go to panel shop later today or in the morning

Great stuff. Just waiting too see where andy dilworths car is at to give us an idea of when they will leave the factory.

Come on Andy!!!!!

Reactions: Andy Dilworth and RYuill
Come on Andy!!!!!
I've matched the same build progression as Andy and the car has been in Quality Control since Monday. Fingers crossed it's start its journey soon!!

Reactions: Nardo-RS3
I've matched the same build progression as Andy and the car has been in Quality Control since Monday. Fingers crossed it's start its journey soon!!

Cheers Tom, can you give us an update tomorrow if it moves to Transit.

Cheers
Hi, mine is still in Quality Control and has been since Monday....hoping it will move to transit tomorrow?!?

That tracker is like a roller coaster, really slow to get to panel shop, then you skip through the build over the space of a few days and then it slows down again at QC & transit!!! Lol

Exciting to know it's getting built though right?!

cheers Andy! yes very exiting, and good for me to see into the future with your build schedule! 4/5days at QC is a bit long. fingers crossed you go to transit tomorrow!

Reactions: Andy Dilworth