RS3 8V Orders List

Depressing I know but it it's the case of the paint being faulty as well as the screen they could possibly have a rejection on their hands

Really sorry to hear this I have been in a similar position before so feel your pain. At least if its under they can't blame you but you really don't want a brand new car with a respray and its six months for a new one so hope there is a happy solution to this. Have you shown to a detailer?

Well I'm not sure what the solution will be but they will have to put as urgent or huge discount if that's the road it goes down

I had a message yesterday making excuses for why mine might be scratched which is considered acceptable given the journey of train, ship and transporter and it's not even arrived at the dealership yet. I would assume the transport company do a detailed survey before they load to exempt them from any damage that has already occurred do you think these get forwarded so my dealer may already know of something?

I have a friend who owns a bodyshop that do a lot of work for main dealers. You would not believe the amount of "brand new" cars that come into them needing repairs, unbeknownst to the customer buying the car!

From my past history I would well believe this! As well as my own experiences my parents bought a brand new Ford years ago and put it through a hedge in the first week on the ice. The body shop said it had already had a complete respray when they got hold of it!

From my past history I would well believe this! As well as my own experiences my parents bought a brand new Ford years ago and put it through a hedge in the first week on the ice. The body shop said it had already had a complete respray when they got hold of it!

He told me one car actually had a caved in roof which they repaired

What are the grounds to reject a car if the bodywork is faulty? I would not want a new car that I paid over 50k to go to a bodyshop!

The first thing you need to do is put everything in an official letter to the 'owner' of the dealership asap as your clock is ticking. If you are using Audi Finance they are normally happy to suspend payments until it has been resolved.

I was have just been cleaning my wheels a ball of black was come off all over my pad to my horror look at the wheel its been damaged and bodged prior to get getting my dealer I take it
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437576434696122
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437576444231437

I'm actually beginning to dread picking mine up, the engine will probably have been put in upside down or its steering wheel will be on backwards or something...

Reactions: Blackwhite
It's the worse part of getting a new car spotting anything abnormal before taking it off the dealer and becoming your responsibility. I budget for a good detail now. Dan was yours the one delivered with all the 'packaging' still intact? They normally hate handing a car over like this. Is the wheel a stone chip?

Audi want to put a new screen in it as it is defective what do I do

Write a letter to the dealership listing everything as a starting point so it is logged and recorded otherwise it looks like 'and another thing'.

Spoke to Audi UK and vwfs they are going to sort it they agree I shouldn't have to have a new car week old tampered with as it will affect ballon payment

Reactions: quinnii and josedebardi
Spoke to Audi UK and vwfs they are going to sort it they agree I shouldn't have to have a new car week old tampered with as it will affect ballon payment

What does "sort it" mean? And how would it affect the balloon payment?

Reactions: DAYTONA 500
At least you might be able to keep your car while your waiting

I think that sounds promising and they should let you keep the car while you wait. Much better than owning a car that has been resprayed! Looks a good outcome.

Indeed, keep the car, suspend payments for X months while new one is built, get new car. Free motoring for a while - good deal!

Well pleased for you Raw but this is beginning to do my swede in now. Just sent a bit of a rant email to my dealer hoping they can try and do something about getting at least a build week.
I've still not got a build week either! And been driving my show std mk2 golf every day since feb... after selling my s3 thinking my rs would be here now.. How wrong was I. Paid deposit last year and ordered 1st day of orders.
Wish I could say I'm happy for these people that are ordering now and getting slots soon but I'm not! damn these people!

Reactions: billyali86, XR53_DAN, RYuill and 1 other person
ohh, I've moved to Preparation stage!!!! is there a rough average time from prep stage to delivery??

ohh, I've moved to Preparation stage!!!! is there a rough average time from prep stage to delivery??

Mine was sat at preparation for about 2-3 weeks before it moved onto the next stage. Then probably a further 2-3 weeks after that for delivery.

It started in the panel shop on the 02/07 and it was delivered on the 15/07 so pretty much two weeks from start of build to delivery. It can change though depending on what ships are available and where it's going etc

i won't get my hopes up but it could be here a little early then. 5-6 weeks would take me to around sept 1st (originally told end of sept)

although factory shutdown might screw that up :rage:

i won't get my hopes up but it could be here a little early then. 5-6 weeks would take me to around sept 1st (originally told end of sept)

although factory shutdown might screw that up :rage:

I think I was just lucky with when it got to Emden and how fast it was put on a ship. It was literally only about three days from leaving Ingolstadt to showing as being on route to the UK.

Nice, I'm hoping for a bit of the same. feel for you guys without a BW still. Its doing my head in and its on the Production Line so god know how you guys are feeling :respekt:

I've been trying to give a rough idea in my Audi Build thread although if you see a Daytona on a transporter anywhere that's mine it seems to have gone AWOL since it was loaded two days ago. I have been promised a video when it arrives although they didn't say of what ........

I've been trying to give a rough idea in my Audi Build thread although if you see a Daytona on a transporter anywhere that's mine it seems to have gone AWOL since it was loaded two days ago. I have been promised a video when it arrives although they didn't say of what ........

My dealer was supposed to be sending me a video of their demo about a month ago, I'm still waiting. Iv still not seen an RS3 in the flesh so it's looking like the first one il see is my own on Monday.

Reactions: RYuill and NormantheDog
My car moved to the panel shop today, BW31 which is next week, so we're on track. Order was placed on launch weekend in June so not too bad really.

Apparently even though your car is loaded on to a transporter and says as much it doesn't necessarily mean it has a driver in the cab :shrug:

You guys are at least lucky enough in England to be able to track your orders. I was told by my dealer that he can confirm that the car was built on time (BW31) by receiving VIN number. So I have no control actually whether something is going on or whether there is delay...

Well some news from my dealer finally - BW30 apparently, which is this week! Yet they are saying it'll be here on schedule for end of September! Hmmm. I reckon it'll be here by end of August - unless factory closure means it won't be shipped till late august. Defo 65 plate anyway. Trying to get the order number so can get it confirmed on the tracking gizmo.

Reactions: Nimbus265