RS3 8V Orders List

Placed an order today. Put deposit down, Dealer saying September at the moment. Picked spec and changed from Daytona to Sepang at the last minute but might change back to Daytona after seeing those pics on the previous page, plus I've had the red calipers and red interior pack so I reckon it will go better with the grey.

Really torn between the silver pack or the black pack now.....

I did the same last week billy :relaxed:

Reactions: billyali86
Think I like the black pack but want the titanium wheels....

Saw my first one in the flesh today didn't like the alu pack as it looks just like plastic sprayed matt grey / silver. Had the titanium wheels and changed them to black but think they don't work so well on grey as the polished bits look too light with the grey so think I'm going to change back to titanium the black gloss marks easily too so not great hedgebanging down here. Saw sepang today and it was lovely but think I'm going down the understated route.

What are your thoughts on SD Nav, should I change to Tech Pack??

The dealer I saw today told me the sports exhaust would have black tips but I would take that with a pinch of salt!

What are your thoughts on SD Nav, should I change to Tech Pack??

Do you just care about getting from A to B, or do you want the full online traffic, multimedia, social media, Google Earth, WiFi hotspot experience?
The SD nav is perfectly capable, so if you aren't bothered about the other stuff then save your money.

The difference in screen resolution, while certainly noticeable, is a nice to have.

My Q5 has SD Nav and the S3 Tech Pack High. Personally, now that I have learnt to use the functionality of connect etc, and the full online traffic and better resolution, I miss it big time going from the S3 to the Q5. It was an essential option on the RS3 for me, but as Josebebardi says the SD Nav is capable - its all about budget!

UPDATED AGAIN....My build week has come forward 3 weeks to BW37

Monopole - Basingstoke - Nardo
Nimbus265 - Newbury - BW37 Code 10 - Sepang (BW updated)
Scotty2011 - Aberdeen - BW37 - Glacier
Disco Dal - Southend - Nardo
Jimbo S3
Tom P – Basingstoke
ChinsTTS – Amersham - BW28
ABYSS – Kings Lyn
Quinnii - Newcastle - BW28 - Glacier
One Motion
Coling - Aberdeen - BW41
Real Thing - Stafford - BW37
Leeroy37 - Stratford - Sepang
S3AD - Newbury -
S3DBW - Highland
D170868 - Aberdeen - BW42
jermainmajor - Bristol - BW30
josedebardi - Dorset - BW39 - Panther
Yorrick (Isaac) - Cambridge - Sepang
Colin A - ??? - Sepang
Billyali86 - ??? - Nardo
Wango - ??? - Sepang
Gre57y - Ipswich - 5th Oct BW - Nardo
Schuey - BW35 - Mythos
Normanthedog - Bath - BW29 - Daytona
Nardo-RS3 - ???- Nardo maybe...
DavidM - ??? - Nardo
Ryanjosh - ??? - Daytona
Caval4r - ??? -Nardo
Tippytoes - ??? - Silver
Marcinj - Poland - Nardo
HJS - Hitchin - BW29 - Nardo

Nardo 9 plus one for Roy G
Daytona 3
Floret Silver 1
Glacier White 2
Mythos Black 1
Catalunya Red 0
Panther Black 1
Sepang Blue 5
Custom Colour 0

Updated:

I wonder whats happening BW 32-36? Its a bit quiet. There's only 1 over that period I can see on the RS3OC forum.

BW

Reactions: Scotty2011
So 'YourAudi' is now working for my order number but I can't see anywhere to check my exact specification it is just the standard specification. Does it show this information as in my actual build?

So 'YourAudi' is now working for my order number but I can't see anywhere to check my exact specification it is just the standard specification. Does it show this information as in my actual build?

I don't think anyone is showing the exact spec. Mines only says glacier white. But it also says "ceramic brakes" which we can't even have yet!

Reactions: NormantheDog
That's good to know as mine shows that too and just the colour. Due to start build on 13 July.

Reactions: Yorrick
Yorrick have you contacted Audi Customer Services regarding the 'YourAudi' website? Not sure if they sorted it for me in the end but it took them 72 hours if they did!

yeah about 10 days ago. they said they'd talk to IT about it. I also asked my dealer a few days agoi and she says she'll talk to some boss person there...yawn

well mine's built and is currently en route to the UK, as soon as it lands ill make sure i post photos for anyone else thats waiting for theirs

Reactions: Radman, Nimbus265, Wango and 1 other person
well mine's built and is currently en route to the UK, as soon as it lands ill make sure i post photos for anyone else thats waiting for theirs

Was that on schedule then?

Do you just care about getting from A to B, or do you want the full online traffic, multimedia, social media, Google Earth, WiFi hotspot experience?
The SD nav is perfectly capable, so if you aren't bothered about the other stuff then save your money.

The difference in screen resolution, while certainly noticeable, is a nice to have.

I currently have tech pack - high on my S3 and even though I rarely use it, at least it's there when I do. The smaller SD nav screen & lower quality screen is giving me 2nd thoughts.

Is there a technology pack 'high' on the RS3? I specified the tech pack but didn't see a 'high' version?

Correction I have just found it. Is there any difference between the tech pack and tech pack high apart from the telephone? Its under special packages.

There's tech pack or tech pack with connect (which gets you online stuff).
For me there's no point in the tech pack without the connect tho.

I have Tech High with connect on my S3 and the B&O speakers. Quite a lot of cash to have those options and in the 8mths I have owned the car I have hardly used them (audio is a passion but I never seem to use the system in the car). Most of the time I know where I am going, and if not, for £50 my smart phone can tell me, and do live traffic and speed cameras etc. so if I go RS3 I'll be putting up with a low res screen and the Audi sounds. With that 5-pot why would you listen to loud music LOL ;)

My test drive booked for Saturday has just been cancelled; Cars not to be driven until some bits come in from Audi AG.... Oh well

changed my order from Sepang to Daytona today.

Reactions: 45bvtc
I just don't care about any techo' pack when I'm givin' BLUEY due dillgence in Snowdonia

Get over it you techo' guys... it's a bl**dy car...

Some of us are not living in the stone age and do like the tech pack :p

Reactions: Foxtrot_Oscar
I just don't care about any techo' pack when I'm givin' BLUEY due dillgence in Snowdonia

Get over it you techo' guys... it's a bl**dy car...

We'll be wanting one of those damn 4 wheel drive gizzmos next, or replacing our points and distributors with these new fandangled 'electronic control box thingies' next.....

but its just a car..........

Reactions: Foxtrot_Oscar
Originally BW38 and I've finally managed to get yourAudi app working and............
Screen Shot 2015 06 20 at 115252 am

Not holding my breath but very happy if it stays at 27th July

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-06-20 at 11.52.52 am.png
    Screen Shot 2015-06-20 at 11.52.52 am.png
    414.4 KB · Views: 130
Reactions: RYuill, billyali86 and Foxtrot_Oscar