1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sportback RS3 8v high pitch road noise

dsme May 17, 2018

1. dsme

dsme Mythos Black RS3 Team Mythos Audi RS3

Hi,

A mate who has an RS3 8v is getting a high pitch noise in the car, it's like road noise but it's a lot louder, pretty mind-numbing to be honest. Anyone had this problem?

Cheers

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. D0C

D0C Well-Known Member Team Nardo Team Panther Audi RS3 TTRS

Wheel bearing knackered?

4. dsme

So the noise doesn't seem to increase or decrease if you put a load on either side. The noise which is coming through eventually just starts (it isn't there when you first set out) and it doesn't really go away. If you press the brakes the noise goes faint but it returns afterwards. It happens even when you put the car into neutral. It sometimes gets so bad it could give you a headache.

5. D0C

D0C Well-Known Member Team Nardo Team Panther Audi RS3 TTRS

Brakes binding?! The fact the noise changes when you brake could point to that. The noise isn't there initially but once friction/heat builds the noise starts perhaps.

6. dsme

I thought about this too. The car was into the centre this morning and the diagnoses came back as it doesn't have Audi tyres on it and that's why it's doing it (bullshit me later). My mate got the AA out through the breakdown provided with AUC and they confirmed that there is obviously road noise but there is another noise over the top of that.

Last edited: May 17, 2018