rs3 8p corner headlights retrofit and foglight removal...

soulwaffle

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm in the process of fitting an rs3 front bumper to my A3. The car is a facelift (2011 - 2.0l tdi). Noticeably the rs3 doesn't come with foglights where as my car does. I'm considering my options do I.....swap the headlights for the xenon's? Do the fogs run through the headlight? My other thought is to purchase some after market radar honeycomb grill and fit the foglights that way, unsure if the fitment will work for the RS3 bumper....

Reactions: Mr_Dude
I think I may have answered my own question. The RS3 has no front fogs, and there are no aftermarket radar grille cutouts that'd fit the bumper. So, my only option is to remove the foglight connector.

Congratulations !! ;-)

I am with you, I wouldn't do any modifications to mount the fog lights. If you don't have an OEM or a decent aftermarket solution don't bother with some home made mods. It would look ugly, lights would be shaking and who know what.

Reactions: soulwaffle
Well, I've sourced some bi-xenons with cornering, kufatec adapters, and additional parts for the washers:

2 - Headlight washer pump - 3B7 955 681
3 - OS Headlight Pump - 8P0 955 101B
4 - NS Headlight Pump - 8P0 955 102B
5 - Adapter for washer pump onto hose - 1T0 955 665 (x1)
6 - Right angle "elbow" joints - 8E0 955 665 (x3)
7 - Splitter "T-piece" - 8D0 955 873 (x1)
8 - O rings for eblow joint & adapter (x3)

Will need to check and see if I need to swap out one of the modules.

I'm guessing the best way to delete the fogs is to trace foglight cables up to the grommet and I guess it'll goto the drivers footwell? I need to run the cable for the bi-xenon, anyways.
Untitled

Making some progress here. I believe the foglight pin goes to the BCM? The part number for mine is: 8P0907063 ....do I unclip the connectors and remove the foglight pin?

S l1600

Attempting to de-pin the following. Do I need to purchase a VW tool or will a generic key set from amazon suffice?

Thumbnail IMG 0733

Managed to unpin the wire (black) and find the ground cable. However, how do I get access to the cables? Circled in red is where the fog light cables feed into from the engine bay side.

Thumbnail image0

Unbolted the master cylinder and I can now see the cable running into the firewall. How do I remove this: 1K2941397. Its the relay/bcm bracket. I wonder if the screws are hidden under the dashboard:

D

Well, I managed to removed the holder, remove the tesa tape, and remove the driver side foglight wire. Overkill. Only, now I've started I'll do the passenger side, may prove difficult as the wire runs under the dash.

Managed to run in the loom for the xenon and pin them. Although I've read kufatec do not pin these correctly? To get the wires in, take a hanger, straighten it out, place a bend at one end and feed it through the firewall located in footwell. Comes out the other end.

Where do I find the 'plug T20' ? This is for the jetwasher system used by the the xenons

this wont fit?

£352 euro for the foglight radars...blimey. Too late, now. I've already removed the foglight connectors. Just wiring in the xenon lights + jet washer system. Then I'll have to wrap up all of the loom I've undone.

So, I have to pin the headlight washer pump [relay] into T52b/40, only the pin doesn't fit. I think its been crimped wrong. Any ideas which pin I need to purchase for the T52 connector:

Turns out I had the wrong crimp. Kufatec delivered and all connected. Just need a 10gauge wire to run to the fuse box. Looking at setting up the cornering and auto levelling. Purchased:

4L0 907 357 B - cornering module
1K0 941 273 M - level sensor
1K0 941 274 C - level sensor
Wiring loom from kufatec.

Also installed the PDC + Jetwasher system. Getting there. :redrs4:

Hmm.....the wiring loom from Kufatec is for LHD cars. Well, I'm assuming it is. on a RHD do the AFS sensors go on the left hand side or right hand side?