RS Taillight Animation on A3/S3

Reaction score
If you would like to have RS like animation via OBDeleven, here is the solution.

---------------------------
Go to Central electrics (09)
Unlock SFD
Adaptation
Intelligente Heckleuchte-Verbau
Vercion
Change from 1 to 5
Reboot MMI by pressing on the right corner for 5 secs
---------------------------

This worked for my A3 8Y.

• Wow
Reactions: Brian Leslie, Terminator x, SquidGame and 4 others
Do you need a certain package for the OBDeleven, like pro, ultimate etc.

I have ultimate package and not sure about that.
But you should not need any credits for this. Via adaptation ...

Reactions: mustafab97
I have ultimate package and not sure about that.
But you should not need any credits for this. Via adaptation ...
Ok good to know. Yours looks like the edition 1. Does that not have rear light animation as standard or is it a different style?

Ok good to know. Yours looks like the edition 1. Does that not have rear light animation as standard or is it a different style?

06/2021 edition with 3454 version.
There were no any specific animation before.

Hi demirkapi
Thank you for this and I have just been looking but not connected to my car yet at the app for the animation and where you have mentioned "vercion" mine says "version", is this what you mean and why do you have to reboot the mmi as I don't see a connection between this and the animation?
Hi Nick James
Yes you do need either pro or ultimate to unlock SFD

Hi demirkapi
Thank you for this and I have just been looking but not connected to my car yet at the app for the animation and where you have mentioned "vercion" mine says "version", is this what you mean and why do you have to reboot the mmi as I don't see a connection between this and the animation?
Hi Nick James
Yes you do need either pro or ultimate to unlock SFD
I think he’s says vercion as it’s not in the English language. Would you recommend getting either pro or ultimate then? I collect my Edition 1 next week so just working out if it’s worth the money to get OBDeleven

Hi Nick James
I have the pro edition which does unlock SFD, but I have only been able to get one of the apps to work which is the Lane Assist Setting Memory, all the other ones that I have tried which are High Beam Assist and Comfort Turn Signals which have both failed. I have just noticed that they have added tailight animation and the requirements for this is "The vehicle must be equipped with high-line taillights that already have standard animation" and have the bonnet open. Not sure what they mean by standard animation.

Last edited:
Yeps, it has been added to the apps just today.

They also removed "Comfort Turn Signals" since it does not work as expected.

Hi demirkapi
Have you tried any of the other apps such as High Beam Assist?
The tailight animation is also 100 credits so I will try using the method that you have suggested.

Hi Nick James
I have the pro edition which does unlock SFD, but I have only been able to get one of the apps to work which is the Lane Assist Setting Memory, all the other ones that I have tried which are High Beam Assist and Comfort Turn Signals which have both failed. I have just noticed that they have added tailight animation and the requirements for this is "The vehicle must be equipped with high-line taillights that already have standard animation" and have the bonnet open. Not sure what they mean by standard animation.
The Edition 1 has tail light animation as standard, just not as in your face as the RS one, it’s more subtle but still does a animation.

I’ve just tried this on my Edition 1 and it didn’t work :( peculiarly though my original “version” value was “0” not “1”, after the restart it’s still doing the normal animation

Hi Nick James
Mine is the Sline so it probably not going to work.

Mine is also S-Line.

It may depend on your software version. Please check it!

As we know it works for 3454 but there would be questions about 3611 ones. We could not find any chance to try out.

I’ve just tried this on my Edition 1 and it didn’t work :( peculiarly though my original “version” value was “0” not “1”, after the restart it’s still doing the normal animation

Sorry for that.

What version of OBD do you have? You can try the app which is released just today.

Sorry for that.

What version of OBD do you have? You can try the app which is released just today.
I’m using 3.2 on iOS, I’ve got the Pro pack too.

I think I’ll try the app but I’m worried I’ll waste 100 points if it doesn’t work

Sorry for that.

I’ve just tried the app instead, when I click on the app it says current value “RS”, so it thinks it’s already active but it’s not

for some reason i got germany app :) wich make it work on mine but i got s3

Hi
I have just tried and it hasn't worked, I first looked at the app at Taillights Animation to see what value it was showing and it was 1 so I went into control unit 09 and adaptions and changed the value to 5 and it said success but when I tried the rear lights it had not worked. Had another look in the app and the value had changed to RS. So I obviously haven't the standard animation for it to work ☹️.

I tried it it worked! Very happy, thank you demirkapi.
You do need PRO or ULTIMATE to unlock SFD though

Reactions: demirkapi
I cannot code any of the following : engine torque/power display, transmission temp and g-meter display.
Sais that i need to check ignition and ofc ignition is on , hood is opened and parking brake is on.
Really liked to see transmission temperature :)

Strange, I have the correct tail lights for it to work. You don’t have to keep the OBD plugged in do you
No you don’t, changes you make are saved to the car. Not sure if I’m some cars it’s required another element we’re missing. I have an Edition 1 so I know I have the correct animation needed

No you don’t, changes you make are saved to the car. Not sure if I’m some cars it’s required another element we’re missing. I have an Edition 1 so I know I have the correct animation needed
I have the same. But if it works on S-Line models you’d think it would work on Edition 1.

My MMI software is 3611 and can confirm it doesn’t work via adaptation or purchased through the app. Need to get my 100 credits back. Hopefully they will sort this. My car is edition 1 so all the hardware is there for it to work.

Reactions: Brian Leslie
As far as i'm aware the rear LED light units are the exact same across the entire range (apart from the standard halogen trim levels) so it should all come down to the software. It's weird some people are having issues, others aren't. There must be something additional in the settings that is being missed, hopefully time should tell.

That’s unfortunate hopefully they fix it for the new software. Is there any steps I’m missing, I open the bonnet, turn on ignition, connect to the app, do the steps require but still nothing.

maybe they block it i got old software from almost a year ago and all it working