RS Taillight Animation on A3/S3

If you would like to have RS like animation via OBDeleven, here is the solution.

---------------------------
Go to Central electrics (09)
Unlock SFD
Adaptation
Intelligente Heckleuchte-Verbau
Vercion
Change from 1 to 5
Reboot MMI by pressing on the right corner for 5 secs
---------------------------

This worked for my A3 8Y.

Just on vcds now and can't see a Verbau part

Attachments

• 16622081269578420233034354892882.jpg
    16622081269578420233034354892882.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 318
I'm on 3611 so assume this should work for me now. Would you mind DM'ing me a guide for how you got yours working?
I will try and put something together on the weekend

Reactions: Rick_RS4 and Ludus
does anyone know any companies that offer this as a service? i'd love to get the front and rear rs animation and the chequered flag, looks way better

does anyone know any companies that offer this as a service? i'd love to get the front and rear rs animation and the chequered flag, looks way better
Look up pure wrap on Facebook, they ask 350 euro for it to do it remotely

Reactions: jonnyturbofingaz
wow, how much is the device and programme to buy to do it your self? i seen one for £119 pro pack not sure if that would change what i want done.
I paid £140 for my device, but then you can enable other options too.

that sounds like a better deal, did you manage to change the front and rear animations along with the chequered flag at the front?
I've only been able to do the rear, but then again I don't have matrix front lights hah!

I don't think I have unlocked SFD , Google us a minefield, keeps coming up with obd 11 but I have vcds already, do I need to buy credits or something

Any help guys? Which obd 11 do I need , don't really want to buy that as I have vcds bur can't find it on there or unlock sfd for some reason

IT'S SO ANNOYING! OBD11 STILL CAN'T FIND A SOLUTION FOR 36XX SOFTWARE USERS UP TILL NOW! WHAT ARE THEY DOING?! So many of us here bought the dongle just for the Rs3 taillights! So many other apps like lock/unlock acoustic doesn't work for 36xx as well! What a shame obd11!

IT'S SO ANNOYING! OBD11 STILL CAN'T FIND A SOLUTION FOR 36XX SOFTWARE USERS UP TILL NOW! WHAT ARE THEY DOING?! So many of us here bought the dongle just for the Rs3 taillights! So many other apps like lock/unlock acoustic doesn't work for 36xx as well! What a shame obd11!
It should work? People on this thread have got it working on 36xx software

It should work? People on this thread have got it working on 36xx software
I’m on 3611 it doesn’t work. Also the ODBElevan one click app says saloon version only. They confirmed to me it doesn’t yet work after I queried it and are working on it. Annoying. a number of one app functions don’t work. Gauges being one. Only a couple did for me like needle sweep.

Reactions: Hongge
It is **** I just noted above the app states saloon only models. I have sportback. They confirmed they're working on it To me.

I did get the CAM deal so happy but so far limited functionality only got needle sweep to work. Gauges don’t work and fail trying to appoh ‍♂️

@MA3RC have you got a saloon then? I guess I'll keep waiting if it's still not working then, don't understand why the body type would make a difference though as it's all to do with software...

@MA3RC have you got a saloon then? I guess I'll keep waiting if it's still not working then, don't understand why the body type would make a difference though as it's all to do with software...
No, I’ve got the hatchback :)

Reactions: Ludus
When you've got a minute, could you do us a guide on what you used and how you did it? Might help some of us out :)
Sorry it took so long...

But here you go :yes:

The OBDAPP Device:
IMG 3621

Software Version:
IMG 3623

Pop the bonnet and plug the device into the OBD port, and start the ignition, but not the engine:
IMG 3622

Run the OBDAPP
IMG 3624

Connect to dongle via Bluetooth:
IMG 3627

Select A3 8Y Sequences:
IMG 3628

Find the sequence you want to enable, then click it:
IMG 3642

Click run, to run the sequence, or Factory to return it to Factory settings. The app will cycle through what it needs to do (takes around 20 seconds)
IMG 3648

Sequences that have been enabled display a green tick, the rewind arrow shows it had been enabled, but has been returned to Factory
IMG 3630

Once you’ve enabled all you want to. Close the app, turn the car off, remove the OBD device. Lock the car, unlock the car and start the engine.
Then your sequences are enabled :D

Attachments

• IMG-3640.PNG
    IMG-3640.PNG
    1.4 MB · Views: 243
Last edited:
Reactions: jonnyturbofingaz, chevy117 and Rick_RS4
Sorry it took so long...

The OBDAPP Device:
View attachment 259657

Software Version:
View attachment 259658

Pop the bonnet and plug the device into the OBD port, and start the ignition, but not the engine:
View attachment 259659

Run the OBDAPP
View attachment 259660

View attachment 259661

Select A3 8Y Sequences:
View attachment 259662

View attachment 259663

Click run, to run the sequence, or Factory to return it to Factory settings. The app will cycle through what it needs to do (takes around 20 seconds)
View attachment 259664

Sequences that have been enabled display a green tick, the rewind arrow shows it had been enabled, but has been returned to Factory
View attachment 259667

Once you’ve enabled all you want to. Close the app, turn the car off, remove the OBD device. Lock the car, unlock the car and start the engine.
I’ve never thought of removing the dongle. Locking and then unlocking the car to acknowledge settings. I have OBDeleven will try that later.

I have a 2022 saloon will it definitely do the rs rear light function? I feel its alot of money to unlock 1 maybe 2 functions? I already have the dipping side mirror and 2 phone connection, I also read the start stop thing doesn't work or the high beam as its a subscription thing

I’ve never thought of removing the dongle. Locking and then unlocking the car to acknowledge settings. I have OBDeleven will try that later.
I'll save u the time by letting u now I've tried ma3rc's method even before he suggested this way by using the obd11 and it doesn't work. The problem is that obd11 is not really doing anything about it cuz right now they are focusing on making bmw's coding. Unless u buy an OBDAPP dongle

I'm on software version 3801, but the OBD11 one-click app states that it only works for Saloon models.
Anyone had any luck enabling the RS Light on an A3 Hatchback yet ?

I'm on software version 3801, but the OBD11 one-click app states that it only works for Saloon models.
Anyone had any luck enabling the RS Light on an A3 Hatchback yet ?

Wrong.
Nothing to do with the style.
It does not work for the versions 36xx or higher. Nothing todo with the type of car.

Wrong.
It does not work for the versions 36xx or higher. Nothing todo with the type of car.
That’s wrong as well… mines on 3620 and works

Reactions: demirkapi
Wrong.
Well, i'm not the one saying it. The one-click-app does, as you can see. That's why i'm asking if it has worked for any sportback owners.
Because i've seen a few, and i'm curious if it's done through OBD11, which states that it only works on SEDAN models.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221202_124348_OBDeleven.jpg
    Screenshot_20221202_124348_OBDeleven.jpg
    756.2 KB · Views: 191
I've managed to do it! Followed @MA3RC's instructions as above and worked first time no problem... Got the device on their black friday sale, ended up only costing £50 for the device, code and international shipping - very happy with it!

• Love
Reactions: jonnyturbofingaz, Zoomer and MA3RC
Does anybody tried on version 3691? Tail light or anything else using OBD11?
Also, which version of OBD11 to get? Id only use one click apps, not experienced enough to use direct coding...

Sorry it took so long...

The OBDAPP Device:
View attachment 259657

Software Version:
View attachment 259658

View attachment 259659

Run the OBDAPP
View attachment 259660

View attachment 259661

Select A3 8Y Sequences:
View attachment 259662

View attachment 259663

View attachment 259664

View attachment 259667

How many different sequences/options are there to enable? do you have a list of them you could share?

How many different sequences/options are there to enable? do you have a list of them you could share?
Depending on how good your German is - you may need Google Translate

Reactions: Moots
on MMI version 3801, almost nothing on OBD11 works. just bought the ultimate version, complete waste of money so far. Working with OBD11 support, let’s see what they can do.

ive heard obd11 isnt working anymore for this, audi locking stuff down? would be nice to have the animation and flag on the front but need to make sure its really possible for the money, hopew you get sorted @gbernard

Sorry it took so long...

The OBDAPP Device:
View attachment 259657

Software Version:
View attachment 259658

View attachment 259659

Run the OBDAPP
View attachment 259660

View attachment 259661

Select A3 8Y Sequences:
View attachment 259662

View attachment 259663

View attachment 259664

View attachment 259667

will this change the front lights and rs3 day running light flag too? thanks

will this change the front lights and rs3 day running light flag too? thanks
I don't think so, there's no option currently for the front matrix, only the rear