RS Sports Exhaust vs Milltek (Resonated)

mattdsc

Reaction score
Much difference between these 2?

I have the RS Exhaust, although its great, wonder how a Milltek compares and is it louder, but not 'drowny' inside?

@billymc92 is best to tell you how rubbish the Milltek is on this car. Melted his diffuser.... loads of other quality issues with Milltek on here.

If you’re after more noise get the PCW mod done on the factory exhaust, it’s outstanding and a fraction of the cost. £300!

Please expand! What is it and what does entail?

Does it produce drone in the cabin?

This is my daily and don’t want drone like a non res

@billymc92 is best to tell you how rubbish the Milltek is on this car. Melted his diffuser.... loads of other quality issues with Milltek on here.

If you’re after more noise get the PCW mod done on the factory exhaust, it’s outstanding and a fraction of the cost. £300!

Much difference between these 2?

I have the RS Exhaust, although its great, wonder how a Milltek compares and is it louder, but not 'drowny' inside?
Imho the Audi Sports exhaust can't be beaten on the PFL. How they got away with it is incredible!

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: NotNormal, sve170 and NevMan
read my build thread on here for the issue and reviews I done.
Milltek back box £1700, PCW mod £300 on standard exhaust. Even if those prices were switched round I’d still take the PCW modded exhaust at £1700 over the Milltek at £300.

The drone of the Milltek is unbelievable and don’t get me started on there issues and the way they sorted out the customer service side of things

Reactions: NevMan, mattdsc and AudiNutta
I recall @Aoon_M mentioning how much Audi budgeted and spent on development of the sports exhaust...it was an incredible amount and I think they tried 100+ variations. He modded his car as much as anyone but kept the sports exhaust stock as he just couldn’t find anything better. That should tell you all you need to know.

If you want to up the volume 30%, ditch the secondary cats. If you want full on ASBO loud, ditto the primary cat! Daniel Khan did this...too much IMO! Here’s the link:

Reactions: sve170 and mattdsc
Thanks for the feedback, so the RS Sports exhaust (which I have) is pretty much the best there is?

Does ditching the 2n cats add any drone int he cabin?

I just fancied a few more pops and bangs!

To confirm, the PCW mod, does that work on the RS Sports Exhaust or not really needed?

Please excuse my lack of understanding what does and is a PCW mod?

If your RS3 is a 2018 model, then I'd assume it's a facelift model, which I don't think they have secondary cats anyway.

The PCW mod is done by a company that drops the exhaust off the car, cuts open the tops of the silencers/resonators and makes internal changes for a bit more sound (and maybe performance).

https://www.exhaustmods.co.uk/

Fantastic, thanks.

Yes it is a 2018 facelift.

I'll drop them an email and see what they say.

If your RS3 is a 2018 model, then I'd assume it's a facelift model, which I don't think they have secondary cats anyway.

The PCW mod is done by a company that drops the exhaust off the car, cuts open the tops of the silencers/resonators and makes internal changes for a bit more sound (and maybe performance).

https://www.exhaustmods.co.uk/

I recall @Aoon_M mentioning how much Audi budgeted and spent on development of the sports exhaust...it was an incredible amount and I think they tried 100+ variations. He modded his car as much as anyone but kept the sports exhaust stock as he just couldn’t find anything better. That should tell you all you need to know.

If you want to up the volume 30%, ditch the secondary cats. If you want full on ASBO loud, ditto the primary cat! Daniel Khan did this...too much IMO! Here’s the link:

Do you have a FL or Pre facelift car? If its PFL then that should pop and bang like crazy. FL will need them mapping in but you'll need to ditch the cat.

Its a FL.

When you say 'mapping in' do you mean a remap needs to be done to get it?

I am considering the Revo remap.

Do you have a FL or Pre facelift car? If its PFL then that should pop and bang like crazy. FL will need them mapping in but you'll need to ditch the cat.

Its a FL.

When you say 'mapping in' do you mean a remap needs to be done to get it?

I am considering the Revo remap.

Best thing to do is fit a Forge intercooler / bigger Forge intake pipe and get yourself to MRC.......for a custom mapping session.

You’ll be knocking on the door of the 500hp club.

Doug can also map in exhaust bangs etc if desired.

Reactions: AudiNutta and NevMan