RS MMI

Amirh87

Reaction score
I despise the runway view in RS Performance. Much prefer hockey stick or even the conventional gauges.

Do I need to change the display every single time I go into RS performance/Individual?

Im hoping there is an auto save feature. i.e go into dynamic, select an MMI view, switch to comfort select an MMI, so on and so forth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I despise the runway view in RS Performance. Much prefer hockey stick or even the conventional gauges.

Do I need to change the display every single time I go into RS performance/Individual?

Im hoping there is an auto save feature. i.e go into dynamic, select an MMI view, switch to comfort select an MMI, so on and so forth.

Yes there is a setting page activated below the 3 view screen. There you can turn off automatic RS runway when RS modes activated. Can’t remember the exact phrase.

347a2d3f1892cf18ee39e67b02f915db.png

Reactions: kayemill
To be honest I cant stand any of the displays except the two round dials, I would out of the RS modes prefer the hockey stick, the runway mode is f awful, of course in my opinion :)
Mine is set not to auto activate an RS mode and stays in two round dials all the time, now, if we had the option of the large single dial like the last RS3 things might be different

Reactions: RSBoy, 8YARWY and RS03???
It's crazy how complicated car interfaces are now. I'm coming from a 2011 M3 which has a fairly noddy set of menu options. This seems more like IOS settings in comparison. I was laughing at my mum saying she can't get to grips with satnav and auto wipers / auto dipped lights. I think I might be getting the same soon!

Reactions: IanL-RS3

I was trying for the same thing, I couldn't get it to remember the hockey stick looking view.

It's crazy how complicated car interfaces are now. I'm coming from a 2011 M3 which has a fairly noddy set of menu options. This seems more like IOS settings in comparison. I was laughing at my mum saying she can't get to grips with satnav and auto wipers / auto dipped lights. I think I might be getting the same soon!
I'm driving a 2010 X5 and i remember test driving a Fiesta ST a few years ago and all the road assistance stuff on the test drive was a bit over-whelming. I hated the blindspot indicator that stayed on after the car had gone past. Made me look over my shoulder to check for a car that wasn't there! I'm guess the RS3 is going to be a few steps on from that and i'm going to have to get use to it. Reminds me of being a kid and having to set the video recorder for my parents. There's going to come a day (hopefully not too soon) when i'm going to have to adopt a kid to go for a drive :)

I can't believe I am saying this, I hated the runway mode. However I like to drive a lot in 'manual' and the way the rev counter lights up for gear change is easier to see out of the corner of your eye when the horizon is starting to come towards the bonnet faster than you expect..... I think well lit gauges would be better, or better still, led's on the steering wheel, but it sort-of works

Reactions: IanL-RS3