RS 4 Tyre Valve Help and Warning!

LYRAC

Reaction score
By The Hole in the Wall, Kent, U. K. (The 1st Hol
Website
www.audi-sport.net
I have a 2007 RS 4 and love it to death! However being rather sensible I opted for using HYDROGEN, an inert gas to inflate my tyres with, also did away with those hideous silver plastic caps and got proper Schrader metal ones, the inert gas is also better for the tyres. Not only that but with the blue tooth system on the car I have not had to check my tyre pressures for over 2 years!! Now that's on job less to do! But hold on the car went in for a service at an Audi dealership and when I collected the car they told me that all of the Valves need to be replaced as the valve caps had seized on and I would need to replace the valves at £116 EACH!! They had mullered the valve stems and broken the threaded part to an extent that only a few threads remained, only just enough to put the black plastic ones on. I am not a happy man!
So my friends can you help? Can I fit normal tyre valves on to my genuine RS 4 wheels or what can i get to replace my oneas , how much and where?

So the valve stems had been ruined through what you put on or what Audi did to them during service?

I opted for using HYDROGEN, an inert gas to inflate my tyres with

I hope you didn't have HYDROGEN - that's NOT inert, it's one of the most dangerous and explosive gases there is.

I hope you've gone for NITROGEN or HELIUM...

Metal caps on metal valves will corrode and seize. Just use plastic ones. Also, yes you can just fit non TPMS valves for a lot less than the stealer price for the TPMS ones (should be a few quid for 4).

think id be 'reminding' them that they weren't broken before they touched them