Rpm Help

Darrell94

Reaction score
What does this mean? , drops rpm and then goes back up

1.8T 2002 A3

Idling issues? Faulty maf... boost leak... air leak... split hose... Should be plenty of threads here about idling issues do a search and you should be able to solve it fairly common problem...

My guess on this is an air leak too. Check everything you can between the air box and the throttle body.

Has the car cut out yet when letting off the throttle / coming up to junctions? I had a Saab 9.3 2.0T which had a similar idling issue and it turned out to be a big hole in the intercooler.

Maybe not too bad a leak then (mine was massive and was fetching up MAF based errors).

Do you find that when you're driving along and you put your foot on the clutch for a few seconds that the revs quickly drop out to a point which seem as though the car would stall... or do they gradually taper off as normal?

Maybe not too bad a leak then (mine was massive and was fetching up MAF based errors).

Do you find that when you're driving along and you put your foot on the clutch for a few seconds that the revs quickly drop out to a point which seem as though the car would stall... or do they gradually taper off as normal?
No it does not do that