Round Thing !!

stu3.0

only grey in my village.
Reaction score
hello. need to know what the round cylinder is under the plastic cover near power steering bottle. thanks. (pic attached)

Screenshot 2014 08 01 00 32 59

Reactions: P40ULW
dont usually use social sites like facebook so im unsure what "likes" etc means ! ive posted my question in the a4 forum. hope som1 can help

dont usually use social sites like facebook so im unsure what "likes" etc means ! ive posted my question in the a4 forum. hope som1 can help

Someone will be along soon stu that will be able to help :)

hello. like egr ?? can you be more specific m8. surely i should have 1 and also the pipes that seem to go into it arnt ther either. wasnt never ther since ive had the car. changed headlight bulb day after i got it and thats when i notice gap

didnt think ewt of it then saw the pic ive posted on another thread and realised somat missing on my car.

som1 must know wot this is. ?? also whats the deal with the haynes manual ppl went to halfords to get 1 but they dont do 1 for 3.0v6 quattro. all say excl quattro etc etc.

Yep it's definitely the round thing.

I think it's connected to a long thing :)

Am I not being any help ? ;)

Seriously though I am off to look through the factory manual to see if I can find what it is.
Can you let me know

petrol 3.0 I get but is it Manual, what year ? etc so I don't spend a whole day guessing

hello cobra 88. soz ive not replyed but have been on holiday ! in my car. although im sure u know wot ur on about etc and the diagram u av posted looks correct. my brakes work fine on the car. som1 else put that it was something to do with petrol fumes.if u are correct how can the brakes work with this missing. thanks. and again soz if i seemed ignorant.

*** I was looking at the pipe circled in red

plus some have them some don't dependent on year ect

plus some have them some don't dependent on year ect
hello.thanks for ur help.its not the circled pipe im on about its the silver round thing above to the left usually covered by plastic cover.som say its to do with petrol fumes and som saying brake servo. do you know wot it is. thanks again

so
hello.thanks for ur help.its not the circled pipe im on about its the silver round thing above to the left usually covered by plastic cover.som say its to do with petrol fumes and som saying brake servo. do you know wot it is. thanks again
sorry not left its on the right ! DOH !

You said you needed to know what it was.
so I found out and told you.
Mine doesn't have one either.

why did you need to know so badly ?
hello. needed to know cus not usual to av a gap in engine bay.how are the brakes working surely this servo there for a reason.mine r quiet sharp tbh could this be ewt connected to servo missing.!

Mine doesn't have one either, but there are two different types of brake servo fitted to the B6.
It must just depend which servo you have as to the round thing being fitted, or not.

as I said above some have them some don't

yours doesn't

Mine doesnt either. But it does have a space where it could be fitted, if it was. :eek:

ok. no worriz. thanks for your help.