Round steering wheel airbag removal

Daggerit

Reaction score
Morning guys, just trying to fit my Urus paddles and can’t seem to figure out how to get the airbag off the round version steering wheel. Can anyone offer advice because the usual screwdriver in the back to release a clip doesn’t seem to be working…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Morning guys, just trying to fit my Urus paddles and can’t seem to figure out how to get the airbag off the round version steering wheel. Can anyone offer advice because the usual screwdriver in the back to release a clip doesn’t seem to be working…

@billymc92 will chime in. Has done it a few times.

Reactions: Daggerit

is it a 2 man job to remove that with it being the ROUND wheel ? ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Jassyo06, RS03???, 8YARWY and 2 others
Thanks for the feedback guys it turns out I just wasn’t being forceful enough with my screwdriver. Apparently if you just work it back and forth a few times with a decent amount of force the airbag will just pop off. And it was only a one man lift, cheeky git. A heavy and awkward one man lift due to the size, right enough.

• Haha
Reactions: VAGRANT, RS03???, Snake Pliskin and 2 others
Thanks for the feedback guys it turns out I just wasn’t being forceful enough with my screwdriver. Apparently if you just work it back and forth a few times with a decent amount of force the airbag will just pop off. And it was only a one man lift, cheeky git. A heavy and awkward one man lift due to the size, right enough.

I always disconnect the battery so I can push on the airbag without the horn going off, it helps disengage the clip off the peg.

Reactions: Jassyo06, RS03??? and Daggerit
Got there eventually!

6ddb841f02b920831035a75e61396fc6.jpg

Yes, the wheel is definitely bigger than I think it should be, but actually don’t dislike it as much as I thought I would.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, 8YARWY and IanL-RS3
Got there eventually!

6ddb841f02b920831035a75e61396fc6.jpg

Yes, the wheel is definitely bigger than I think it should be, but actually don’t dislike it as much as I thought I would.

Lambo paddles to match the Lambo vents.......lol

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, 8YARWY and Daggerit
Best thing for this is the pic tool set, not the small set, the next size up that comes with angled tools that allow you to get in there & pull, push the sprung loaded clips to the sides, they're a real shxt tbh, screw system was much easier & I suspect they started to use this to not risk cross threads, but touch wood to date not crossed one, so does make you wonder why.

Reactions: Daggerit
Best thing for this is the pic tool set, not the small set, the next size up that comes with angled tools that allow you to get in there & pull, push the sprung loaded clips to the sides, they're a real shxt tbh, screw system was much easier & I suspect they started to use this to not risk cross threads, but touch wood to date not crossed one, so does make you wonder why.

Yeah, once I got the first side and felt how much pressure was needed the second side came off no worries. It was just getting the courage to push harder than I though I should be!