Rough remap figures for 150bhp S line?

Reaction score
Hi, do yo guys know what gains are to be had for a FL S line Saloon 150bhp?

I took my car to a place near me that had great reviews for mapping this morning and got a call back a few hours later to day the remap had been completed.

When I arrived they stated the guy who did it had a meeting but he’ll email over the results.

I later get an email that stated

“These gain 30bhp-60nmThey need driving for the ecu to relearn so over the next few days the car will adapt and get more responsive.”

I didn’t get any official graph print off with figure of bhp and torque gains or anything of the sort - the car feels a little more responsive, but all seems a little underwhelming.

I paid £250, is my car supposed to go on the dyno for this sort of price?

Our 2.0 tdi A3 s line went from 150 to 195 bhp and 360 nm torque. Cost me £300.

You’ll pay more for a dyno session

Last edited:
Reactions: GGP
Also worth changing the air filter to something like a K & N panel filter , around £60.

I did that before having the car mapped though .

Have you started the car and done a full cycle through the drive modes ? Even if your in dynamic you need to cycle back through to dynamic again. Then you are fully in dynamic mode .

Also try running on pressure fuel like V Power or Momentum. To be honest our A3 went like a rocket after the remap . Torque was really noticeable and on one occasion had the car at 130 and was still pulling like mad.

Whee did you get the map done ?

Also worth changing the air filter to something like a K & N panel filter , around £60.

I did that before having the car mapped though .

Have you started the car and done a full cycle through the drive modes ? Even if your in dynamic you need to cycle back through to dynamic again. Then you are fully in dynamic mode .

Also try running on pressure fuel like V Power or Momentum. To be honest our A3 went like a rocket after the remap . Torque was really noticeable and on one occasion had the car at 130 and was still pulling like mad.

Whee did you get the map done ?
Thanks for that, puts my mind a peace a little. I'll cycle through the modes and see how the car responds.

I expected them to explain the process beforehand what to expect, and then at least get a print off of the performance results as proof or something similar! It felt as if nothing had been done, I suppose it was just down to poor customer service.

I got the remap done at https://www.midlandtuningcentre.co.uk ..they seem to have a great reviews though.

Customer service sounds like the issue as you say. To be honest a stage 1 map on a 2.0 diesel is fairly straightforward and you won’t get much more from the engine safely than that. All about the turbo with diesel……..

Petrol is another matter