Rough Idle

lau06275

Reaction score
Had my car in for it's end of warranty check - no issues, but got the email and asked them to check some things out that I thought were an issue. Potential coolant leak, as I had noted it reducing over time.

All checked out fine and had no work done to it. However driving home a day or so later the engine management light has appeared. Looking under the bonnet, the coolant looks to be filled higher than before. Also saw that the oil filler cap was sitting loose and with a lovely (although not massive) spray of oil round about.

When it was up to temperature I noticed that the engine management light was associated with a rough idle - fluctuating up and down. Could this be caused by the loose oil cap? Have there been any instances of these caps 'popping' open under higher pressures etc?

All seems a bit mental but looking for thoughts. It's heading back in to Audi anyway (still under warranty)

Filler cap being loose seems odd, otherwise could also be that the PCV breather valve has failed. common fault as far as I know