Facelift Rough idle after vagcom

Kery

Reaction score
hello

Some weeks ago, i asked to kill the stop/go function at the local repair center as i anyway always turn it off.
But after it was off via vagcom, my car has experienced rough idle. The vibration was abnormal and the car was off itself after some seconds.
I was forced to function the stop/go again and the problem was fixed.

What cause such rough idle of this car? I just drove slightly more than 5000km.
The service man told me that he has never seen the case as mine. He tried bit more times but the rough idle always happened. It would not be a mistake of the service man as i know so many A3 passed by with him.

Currently, i dont have any issue, but wonder why this car cant kill the stop/go function...
Off the stop/go manually works fine, but vagcom to kill stop/go cause malfunctioning.
It just appears in mind that when the car is almost stop due to traffic or etc., i feel some vibration of the car. Is it somewhat relative to this matter..?

Any advice would be greatful. Thank you.

Last edited:
Really not sure on this, I've permanently disabled mine using Carista and not had these issues. @DJAlix is the resident expert on these sorts of things, and would probably be the best person to ask on this.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Never experienced this myself. There are a couple of different methods to atchieve this, need to know which was used in order to offer an opinion. Also, was vagcom used or VCDS? Vagcom is the legacy name for what is now known as VCDS, and if the cable is labelled as such then it could be fake / cloned software and there for not up to date / fully compatible.

Thank you for reply both of you.

@DJAlix,
I don't know what exactly it was. As far as i remember, he managed it via his cell phone.
Here, the face lift A3 were sold with only one option so the practically all the previous customers to the above center had exactly same A3 as mine
which includes same engine code or some other electic options, etc. But no one had such issue.

I'm bit worried about this vehicle.

Thank you for reply both of you.

@DJAlix,
I don't know what exactly it was. As far as i remember, he managed it via his cell phone.
Here, the face lift A3 were sold with only one option so the practically all the previous customers to the above center had exactly same A3 as mine
which includes same engine code or some other electic options, etc. But no one had such issue.

I'm bit worried about this vehicle.
If you are worried then I would get your dealership to check the vehicle over.

If you are worried then I would get your dealership to check the vehicle over.

alright. i should visit the service center and scan the vehicle. Thanks.

What year/month is your car?
Could this be a wltp change to stop people messing with stop/start?