1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Server Issues [Search] 21-22/07/18

We are currently rebuilding the site's search index due to an earlier database problem, so search results will be incomplete for a time. The process happens quite quickly, and we'll be keeping an eye on it. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience in the meantime.

Thanks for your patience.

ASN Admin
    Dismiss Notice

Rough cost for a full re-paint? 2015 A3 Sportback

Nick-A3 May 1, 2018

1. Nick-A3

Nick-A3 New Member

So my A3 has had a couple of unfortunate moments in the past 12 months. I've had a roof tile slip and get very intimate with my bonnet, and I've taken a turn into my drive slightly too close to the wall and have a bit of a scuff on my drivers side wheel arch.

I have a 2015 sportback in Black. I know it'd be much cheaper to fix the 2 affected areas and re-paint. But I thought, depending on price to get it done properly, I'd perhaps like a complete change.

So I guess my question is what kind of price would I be looking at to get this done? And generally how long should I expect to be carless?

Thanks a lot :)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. maxpayne

maxpayne Active Member

This is a challenging question to answer as it can vary significantly on where you’re based and the body shop used.

I got a few quotes in London last year (before getting it done at a friend’s place with significant discount) and they varied between £1000 to £2000 for my dolphin grey A3 Sportback.

4. voorhees

voorhees Moderator Staff Member Moderator Team V8 Audi S5 S tronic

I think 2k would be reasonable

Retroman likes this.
  5. plasticpenguin

plasticpenguin Active Member

I had a Alfasud professionally resprayed the stock colour just over 12 months ago. I prepped as much as I could and that set me back 2k. The price will depend on how busy the body shop is, location blah blah blah... But to have a colour change, including the interior you would be looking at a cost of around £3.5k. It also usually takes about a fortnight for new paint to harden, so unless you have a garage.... I wouldn't expose it to chippings or gravel being thrown up by passing traffic for at least 2-3 weeks.