Rotor wheel copies

shinsplint

Reaction score
Chaps, i'm looking for any opinions on these wheels, which are available locally. I can't decide whether to get my existing S3 wheels refurbed or give these a go. I do prefer the original Audi matte finished look, but these are the only ones available here. Now coming round to the idea that this gunmetal finish might look nice on my black S3.

4x18" New TTRS Style Alloys Wheels and Tyres Gun 5x112 AUDI A4 A6 RS4 RS8 RS6 | eBay

Anyone any experience of these specific wheels? I'm interested in whether they're strogn enough to cope with our roads, and whether they're heavier than the genuine Audi wheels.

A full refurb for my wheels would be around £215. Whereby the wheels in the link are available for about £400. I dare say I might get back a fair price for the original Audi wheels........... what to do ?!?! Cheers guys.

Pics of your wheels would help mate lol.

I don't see why - I would be looknig at either a full refurb or new wheels.

Another question, they do a 19" version. I could go for these with 35 profile tyres to give the same overall height. Would this upset teh handling at all? I presume a harder ride?

I think i'm inclined to stick with 18s, but interested in your thoughts :)

lol, you ask for opinions on the wheels, but how can we give a complete comparison opinion, if we don't know what's fitted now.

As for hard enough, should be fine, I used to run reps for years & never had an issue, but I run TD's now & tbh had nothing but ****** problems with several cracking for no reason, which considering they're used for kart, rally etc, does make you wonder!!!

Kind of contradicts peoples opinions about rep wheels from my personal experiences lol.

They're just standard S3 18" wheels NHN. I don't have any close ups but here you go :

Tbh current are nice wheels, but I do find the new rotors in 18's look a bit small at some angles but others look fantastic, however, 18's definitely, the UK roads are unkind these days & you'd need dentures tbh & more expense as they would probably get damaged at some point, also need a cushion for your seat lol.

Reactions: davc
haha, laughing at your comment about the cushion....... I already have one haha - I have an ongoing coccyx problem im trying to deal with :ohmy:

I personally wouldnt touch anything except oem on a s3, but thats just my opinion on it...

Reactions: Jack_tdi
You can get matt finish rotors which are virtually identical to OEM apart from them being ET45 instead of ET54. Add this to the fact that most replicas are 8" instead of the OEM 7.5" and you get a total offset difference of around -15mm which makes the wheel sit much better in the wheelarch.

Hi nluk100 - could you please point me the right direction of these wheels? Perhaps a link?

I'm not sure what you mean by ET45... sorry.

ET45 is the offest of the wheel from the hub...

Reactions: shinsplint
ET45 is the offest of the wheel from the hub...

Ah right. Just checked the offset of the wheels in my eBay link... offset 35 ! So these would sit in even further than standard? They'd probably look a little lost...

Yeah that offset is a little low! Bear in mind this is just my opinion, but i'd honestly try and get oe rims... I had s5 reps years ago on my old A3 and had nothing but issues with them... The price dont get me wrong is appealing, but its a simple case of you get what you pay for...

ok cheers Jacko. Might have to save some pennies... or refurb, which to be fair is probably the sensible choice given that I like the look anyway.

I was in the same situation as yourself... Had those rims and wasnt sure just to refurb or what, but I saved and just put rotors on my car about a month ago... Glad I did :) you can source rotors from between £100-£200 each on ebay and just use the tyres you have at the moment

Might not be of interest to you buddy but there is a set for sale in the classified.

There is a red s line that's getting put back to stock if it's worth you looking.

Reactions: NHN
Are these rotor reps very close to the originals as i was thinking about getting some.I had r32 reps on my golf and they were good but a bit heavier than the OE ones.I'm sure i would sell mt RS4's (OE)

Purely personal opinion, but I don't think rotors suit the earlier (pre-facelift) S3. I'd go for a refurb on yours, or maybe some BBS reps? Or how about something second-hand from a member?

Tbh current are nice wheels, but I do find the new rotors in 18's look a bit small at some angles but others look fantastic, however, 18's definitely, the UK roads are unkind these days & you'd need dentures tbh & more expense as they would probably get damaged at some point, also need a cushion for your seat lol.

i was thinking that... Some angles they look fantastic and at others meh! They suit the 8p3 sportback the best probably

Unsure of offset as its been a while, they are 18" alloys, and as far as i can remember 8" wide.

No spacers or anything in them pics - just old 17" Sport alloys off and these on.

Reps m8. Have got car sat pretty low and i have hit some pot holes which have made a right thud and the wheels have stayed straight and true. They look exactly the same as OEM rotors and i have not been able to compare the weight between my reps and OEM's but they do not weigh much more than my standard OEM 17" alloys.

When i was looking for alloys i saw alot on eBay which had that shiney finish to them as apose to the matt, personally i think the matt is far better.

Cheers mate, looks quality. Have you had a full spray job done too? Looks nice in the matte, or it looks matte on my phone lol?

Cheers mate, looks quality. Have you had a full spray job done too? Looks nice in the matte, or it looks matte on my phone lol?

Yeah i resprayed the car not too long ago with plasti dip, yeah it is matte finish lol - cheers (y)

I've always thought the same myself about Rotors in 18" - they just don't look right IMO.

£550 with x4 Kenda Tyres...

Kendas are total ditch finders mate, I would stay well clear. My S3 came with them and were off the car within 3 days. In cold damp conditions they are shockingly bad.

On the plus side I found out early on how quick the Gen 4 Haldex shifts the power rearwards:p

When the weather was nice i carnt say i had any issues, but granted in the damp wet ( dredding snow ) condition it is hard to drive, esspecially with the torque of the car.

Hmm, wouldnt go for dodgy tyres on the S3, wonder if they can supply with decent tyres. Might call them tomorrow. OEMs would be nice but dont think I can justify the cost.

I've never liked mixing different era wheels or different audi makes on the s3/a3. Your wheels are proper so just get them refurbed and call it a day.