Rotor alloy advice

p90dly

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have made a bit of a rookie mistake but I’m hoping it can be rectified.
I bought some black rotars for my 2019 sportback yesterday, they came off a 2019 saloon, which I didn’t realise have a different offset until about 20mins ago
(What a plonker :salute:)
Before I go to the hassle of getting tyres and trying to fit them, does anyone know if they will fit straight on, need spacers etc, or am I wasting my time and admit defeat??

Both sizes of saloon wheels only sit 7mm further out than the SB ones so I don't think it should rub. You have 7mm more clearance internally. You can check on willtheyfit to give you an idea.

Saloon are ET42 for 8" and ET46 for 8.5". SB is ET49 for 8" and ET53 for 8.5"

I have no first hand experience of saloon wheels on a SB but can't see it being a problem only being 7mm

Will give you more stanzzzz :wink new:

Both sizes of saloon wheels only sit 7mm further out than the SB ones so I don't think it should rub. You have 7mm more clearance internally. You can check on willtheyfit to give you an idea.

Saloon are ET42 for 8" and ET46 for 8.5". SB is ET49 for 8" and ET53 for 8.5"

I have no first hand experience of saloon wheels on a SB but can't see it being a problem only being 7mm

Will give you more stanzzzz :wink new:
Cheers buddy.

Fingers crossed your right. Think i will do a dry run this weekend......... I LOVE the idea of abit more stanzz on the motor too :thumbs up:

If it’s off an a3/s3 they should be 8in wide and should be fine on a sportback as I was running saloon wheels on my sportback for my winters in 18s.
If it’s off an rs3 they should be 8.5in wide and on 19in wheels on the fronts and might rub depending on the tyres used.

If it’s off an a3/s3 they should be 8in wide and should be fine on a sportback as I was running saloon wheels on my sportback for my winters in 18s.
If it’s off an rs3 they should be 8.5in wide and on 19in wheels on the fronts and might rub depending on the tyres used.
There off of an saloon RS3 the same year as mine, but mines the sportback. 8.5j front, 8j rears.

C6AE8B51 21C0 423D 8418 E04FE0F0B65C
C8FA5DA7 8093 4C53 B9B7 B71EC047CFD6

Not sure if you can see but these are 18x8 et42 running 225/40/18 winter tyres. Not a huge amount of wiggle room.
I would stick the wheel on without tyre and gauge how much you got to play with on the 8.5in wide wheel on the fronts. Rears at 8in should be fine.