Facelift Roof rails

There is something inside me shouting......NO Don't do it! Dont know why though :grimacing:

Reactions: SamR92 and Jcbmally
I think it would be irresponsible to stick imitation rails to your car mate, even if you know they are fake and don't intend to use them, the next owner wouldn't have a clue!
I've done it to my last 2 cars and done it right both times. A little time consuming and they have to be done with care, but far more rewarding and not that expensive if you can do it yourself.

Reactions: Jcbmally
I think it would be irresponsible to stick imitation rails to your car mate, even if you know they are fake and don't intend to use them, the next owner wouldn't have a clue!
I've done it to my last 2 cars and done it right both times. A little time consuming and they have to be done with care, but far more rewarding and not that expensive if you can do it yourself.
Just not to keen on removing/refitting the roof liner. I've even got the feeling that the dealer fobbed me off (inflated cost) due to the task being a pain in the but.

Just not to keen on removing/refitting the roof liner. I've even got the feeling that the dealer fobbed me off (inflated cost) due to the task being a pain in the but.
It is a pain in the butt but actually very easy tbh, it's just held in place by everything else starting from the ground up.
Pulls straight out through the back once the trim and back seats are out.

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

Me again. Enquired at the dealer about fitting roof rails but ****** expensive and probably endless issues once the panels/roof lining has been removed/replaced.

So looked on ye old tinternet and seen these https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Audi-A3-...ils-Rack-Bars-Sportback-8V-Strip/273375466045

Thoughts ? anyone tried them ?

These are only stick ons so they cannot be used as true way putting a roof rack. OE roof rails require drilling and these ones do not have them. Only stick ons. I know because I have stick on roof rails on my sportback!

It is a pain in the butt but actually very easy tbh, it's just held in place by everything else starting from the ground up.
Pulls straight out through the back once the trim and back seats are out.

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk
You make it sound simple but I don't have patience. :sorry:

These are only stick ons so they cannot be used as true way putting a roof rack. OE roof rails require drilling and these ones do not have them. Only stick ons. I know because I have stick on roof rails on my sportback!
Just want the look, not the practicality of them. Never carried anything on my roof, no need to, just me, wife and teenage daughter so 2 x cases in the boot are enough to carry our clobber.