Roof rack set up/mountain bike

CraigRE

Reaction score
Ive been looking into getting a roof rack

What set ups do yous have, i know you need the roof rack...but then what else do i need to get to secure my bike to the rack?

I have been looking for a thule one mianly because i like how low down to the car it looks (and a black one lol)
But jeeeez hooooow much??

saloon or avant?

I use roofbars on my car and the thule ones lock so you can't release the mechanism. They also lock to the roofbars.

use whispbar bars as they are super snug and add no height.

hmmm maybe hold on the proride 591 lol

Someone was sitting in that car all along too
That is pretty quick and easy

Not sure if your interested but I have one of these for my avant and can say it has really been great. Just another option. It is a Westfalia BC 60 and and I also fitted a Westfalia removable tow hitch.

Last edited:
assuming you have a towbar of course

Thousands of people use pro rides with no issues what so ever, I've been using them for years and never had any bikes stolen yet, you've as much chance of a bike being stolen from a rear mount as you do with a roof mount.

Here is one of my bike on a pro ride with Thule wingbars.

Since that picture was take I changed bars to whispbars, similar to the Thule wing bar but much more discreet. I'll be selling both the whispbars and the wingbars soon as I sold my avant

Reactions: CraigRE
wouldn't put me off but I don't tend to have my bike left on the car unattended. Its usually outside a shop or something so I can keep an eye on it.

always used roofbars in recent years just so much easier. even on my 911 lol

wouldn't put me off but I don't tend to have my bike left on the car unattended. Its usually outside a shop or something so I can keep an eye on it.

always used roofbars in recent years just so much easier. even on my 911 lol

really on top of a porsche

hell yeah, a car is a car and its primary function is to get me from A to B, sometimes with a bike :)