Roof corrosion

benh999

Reaction score
Bit of a thread revival here however Ithought I'd ask..

I'm just about to pick up S3 no3 and cannot wait to start fettling her, however it has a small amount of roof rail corrosion at the rear which I've come to expect on these models. It's nothing that phases me however I was just Wondering if Audi UK entertain these issues anymore bearing in mind the cars are 16yrs old?

If it's a flat NO then my second question is what would be an average quote £'s for a competent body shop to sort the issue out?

'Many thanks

Ben

No they won't touch it now as it's four years out of warranty, quite an expensive fix, difficult to blend in, need mine done too.

Has anyone had this work done privately and if so what quotes have you received?

Discovered a couple of bubbles myself last week - gutted.

Interested to know prices.

Had mine done twice under warranty... its now back... I wouldn't go back to the body shop (dealer run) if they paid me as they are useless... fairly sure mines still in their own warranty period too but they made such a hash of it I would trust them to paint my nails

<tuffty/>

I took my 2000 plate back to the dealers (Northampton) for this and they were happy to look into it. They said that it was quite far out of warranty however would look into what could be done. This was maybe April/June 2016 ish.

Unfortunately didn't get any further though as they checked the paint depth and it was outside of Audi tolerance meaning the roof had been re-painted by someone else prior to me getting it.

Shame - but shows its worth trying. Ended up finding a local bodyshop who did me proud instead :D

Bit of a thread revival here however Ithought I'd ask..

I'm just about to pick up S3 no3 and cannot wait to start fettling her, however it has a small amount of roof rail corrosion at the rear which I've come to expect on these models. It's nothing that phases me however I was just Wondering if Audi UK entertain these issues anymore bearing in mind the cars are 16yrs old?

If it's a flat NO then my second question is what would be an average quote £'s for a competent body shop to sort the issue out?

'Many thanks

Ben

Alright Ben,

Same issue, got about....6 or 7 approx. 10mm rad rust spots along one rail, only covering about 150mm in length. Also, front drivers side wheel arch, underside has a very small bubble. Luckily I have a mate who's a sprayer. He's taken a lok and explained he'd have to do the whole quarter panel on the side of the rust to sort the roof rail an he would grind back, fill and paint under the arch. Cost £100. That's mates rates mind...plus, he was very impressed at the condition of my paint. All original, no fade... something to be said for living out in the wilds and only really got small independents to turn too!!

Good luck, hope you get it sorted....

Keefo.