Roof Ceiling light

enry68

Reaction score
Hello to all,
I whish to add a dashcam on my A6 Avant and i whish to take the power from the roof ceiling light near the internal mirror. I'm pretty sure that in the ceiling light is present a switched +12V useful for my dashcam. I've not the procedure to remove the ceiling light from the roof. because I don't want to damage anything, I'm asking you if you have some picture, video or procedure to unmount it.

Thank you very much,
Enrico

Hello to all,
I whish to add a dashcam on my A6 Avant and i whish to take the power from the roof ceiling light near the internal mirror. I'm pretty sure that in the ceiling light is present a switched +12V useful for my dashcam. I've not the procedure to remove the ceiling light from the roof. because I don't want to damage anything, I'm asking you if you have some picture, video or procedure to unmount it.

Thank you very much,
Enrico

I thought of doing the same but after considering all pros and cons I decided to hardwire it to one of the fuses while tucking/hiding cable very well. In theory connecting it to dome light sounds great but I haven’t heard or seen much about it done to C8. I know that in some Audi cars its not that easy to get close to dome light connections and some lighting components have more complex connections with car controlling modules controlling their behavior.

Connecting to fuse box is much safer and guarantees no errors, etc.

Regardless to my reply I would love to see the effect of your effort. Please share when done.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: enry68
I thought of doing the same but after considering all pros and cons I decided to hardwire it to one of the fuses while tucking/hiding cable very well. In theory connecting it to dome light sounds great but I haven’t heard or seen much about it done to C8. I know that in some Audi cars its not that easy to get close to dome light connections and some lighting components have more complex connections with car controlling modules controlling their behavior.

Connecting to fuse box is much safer and guarantees no errors, etc.

Regardless to my reply I would love to see the effect of your effort. Please share when done.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you very much. In the past in my A6 4F I've added the autodimming mirror taking the power from the fusebox (fuse n.9, I still remember it...) and it was a big work. I had to unmount all the left pillar (drive side) to reach the fuse box. I agree with your right suggestion and I think that I will follow you, taking the power fronìm the fusebox. Probably I will be able to route the power wires under the edges of the roof and the left pillar, so I will not unmount the pillar coperture. Unfortunately I don't have the ELSAWIN updated for my A6 My2019 and I have not the procedures and the drawings...
Thank a lot for your support. When finisced I will post my work,
Enrico

Reactions: pp2414
Thank you very much. In the past in my A6 4F I've added the autodimming mirror taking the power from the fusebox (fuse n.9, I still remember it...) and it was a big work. I had to unmount all the left pillar (drive side) to reach the fuse box. I agree with your right suggestion and I think that I will follow you, taking the power fronìm the fusebox. Probably I will be able to route the power wires under the edges of the roof and the left pillar, so I will not unmount the pillar coperture. Unfortunately I don't have the ELSAWIN updated for my A6 My2019 and I have not the procedures and the drawings...
Thank a lot for your support. When finisced I will post my work,
Enrico
I'm not sure if you are aware of this resource:
The "General Body Repairs, Interior" will probably help removing trim.

Reactions: enry68