Facelift Roof bars

h5djr

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Has anyone any experience of using roof bars on a Sportback with roof rails option. The new A3 I will be collecting on 1 March has the optional roof rails and I am considering purchasing some roof bars and a roof box for my trips to Germany. I have to use a mobility scooter to get around which fills the luggage area so any suitcases have to go on the back seats. I also carry a full-size spare which has to go between the front and rear passenger seats and it all gets rather busy. Especially when I add the beer and wine on the return trip!

Does using the roof bars (and roof box) increase the noise level?

What roof bars and roof box have you used?

Hi Dave, I got some Thule wing bars from the roof box company. I'll grab you a link if you like but dead easy to navigate the site and select the right parts. If you don't mind paying for the better quality bars then you won't even know they are there. Mine were bought to fit my A3 with rails, that I then promptly chopped in for an S3 with no rails. They rest in my shed with cobwebs waiting for the next A3/S3/RS3 with bars again :)

I think the complete kit was about £180 -£200 but would need to dig out the invoice.

You deffo get what you pay for
Col

IMG 6054

Reactions: sugardaddy
As they're collecting dust and I'm not gonna change my car anytime soon just for the rails, PM if you don't mind a lightly used set (no damage at all but maybe a few stubborn bug splats, nothing a good clean won't fix) and if your interested we may be able to agree a deal good for both you and I. I've even still got the box I think.