Roof bars for S3 8L

Rob45

Reaction score
Hi folks , anyone know off hand what roof bars I need to carry a Thule roof box ? Pics would be good , would like to see how these fit back end as it's only 3 door , do the gutter rails need to be removed ? Also with a roof box , the standard aerial would need to come off , would a bee sting one be short enough ?

I would a long long box be to big ???
Have my full length box from my bmw touring I had , maybe to big ;-/

we we going to start camping , our other car is an A class mercedes so not that much bigger but higher .
Dont want to sell the S3 , would rather get around it !!!

Ok cheers will have a look , would like to see some pics with them on , a few on google but not detailed enough .
Cheers again

I bought a set of genuine roof bars second hand off ebay, the rears fit the same as the fronts but you have to open the rear windows to get the clamps to fit to the roof.

3dr and 5dr roof bars are all the same and literally take minutes to fit or remove.

Excellent , cheers for that pic , I did think the rears would need opening yo fit clamps , was thinking of THULE locking type , still think my roof box will be to big for the S3 plus aerial would need to come off .

Halfords set is £99.00 , Thule ones £150.00

How much for yours lol
Cheers again
Rob

haha wont be selling mine as I need them for my bike carrier, sod getting the leather seats dirty! I only paid about £60 for mine on ebay though but finding a set is usually the issue. Seems to be a few sets on german ebay but they never seem to want to post over here.

Nice one cheers , so they don't sit in the gutter parts then ?
Shall have a bid
Cheers again

No they sit against the section between the gutter and your rear side windows or front doors, dont seem to damage the seals either, I've left mine on for a couple of weeks at a time with no issues, I just make sure the rubber feet are clean before mounting them so it doesn't scratch the paintwork.

Tricky , cheers for the heads up on the bars , I got them £32.05 ;-)

I didn't know there are 2 notches ( location points ) either side up inside the door frame where the clamps position , just found them on mine , back windows have to open to see them .
Cheers again