Roof bars for Audi A4 Avant

Familyguy81

Reaction score
I need to get some roof bars for my Audi A4 Avant (67 Reg). Any recommendations from others on brands to buy and where best to buy (new or used)?

Do you factory rails fitted?

I would highly recommend Yakima Whispbar. The black one look super cool on dark cars.

If you want to carry bikes as well as a roofbox or similiar, the Thules rail system works well as you just have to slide 3 T pieces into the rack and clamp to secure. Takes about 2 minutes to fit the carrier once familiar with the process.
I have the black evo pro version on my S4 as it has the blackpack.

Attachments

• _20201227_133530.JPG
    _20201227_133530.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,760
I second the Thule bars, great kit and easy to get on and off.

View attachment 214457
Hi Lee
I second the Thule bars, great kit and easy to get on and off.

View attachment 214457
Hi Lee,
I'm looking at getting some roof bars for my A4 Avant Black Edition. Are those the Thule Wingbar Edges you have? Do you think you could fit two bikes and a slim roof box up there? I'll only be carrying two bikes initially but may also put a box up there at some point. I really like the look of the flush edges but think I may need to go for the Evo Wingbar instead of the Edge as I think they provide quite a lot more space.
Thanks

I'm looking at getting some roof bars for my A4 Avant Black Edition. Are those the Thule Wingbar Edges you have? Do you think you could fit two bikes and a slim roof box up there? I'll only be carrying two bikes initially but may also put a box up there at some point. I really like the look of the flush edges but think I may need to go for the Evo Wingbar instead of the Edge as I think they provide quite a lot more space.
I'd go for the Evo Wingbar, as they will give you considerably more room to play with when it comes to bikes.

Yeah, thanks Gav - as I suspected. Might just have to get a Kayak as well at some point to really justify having the extra room!

Hi Lee

Hi Lee,
Thanks

Hi Bruce,

Yes, Wingbar edge bars. I have 3 carriers and can easily get 3 bikes on the roof with 2 facing forward and 1 facing back. I don't think you would have enough space for 2 bikes and slim box on these bars I'm afraid.

Hi Bruce,

Yes, Wingbar edge bars. I have 3 carriers and can easily get 3 bikes on the roof with 2 facing forward and 1 facing back. I don't think you would have enough space for 2 bikes and slim box on these bars I'm afraid.
Thanks Lee. Looks like I'd better go for the Evo Wingbars.

Reactions: leedodds1