Ronal Wheel Crack - help

Originalgeezer

Reaction score
Having an Arghhhhh moment.

Had what I felt was a puncture yesterday as looked at the tyre and it was nearly flat, plus found a nail in the tyre. Put some more air in the tyre and took it for a repair. Nail removed and puncture repair done, only to find the tyre nearly flat again this morning.

So went back to the garage and found that the wheel in fact has a crack and the puncture repair was fine!

Now I am in a mad search to find a new wheel - 5 Spoke Ronal (1290).....7.5jx18 ET 54 for Audi A3 S Line 8PO 801 025 S

Advice or ideas to find one before I have to succumb to rip off Audi Dealer Price?

Already looked on Fleabay.......mostly scrap wheels and sets off on there.....

Roughly £500 per wheel from Audi !!

If it is the design that I think it is, they do regularly come up on ebay as singles, but you may be waiting for a week or so.

For £500, you could buy a second hand set of alloys to replace the Ronals if you want, and then you can get the fourth one when it comes up and use one set or the other for winter's ?

Just an idea, but if you can wait and maybe use the spare ( if you have one ) in the meantime, then fleabay will have a wheel at some point.

Post a picture of the style you need, and maybe guys and girls on here can help out or keep their eyes open for you.

Good luck.

Cheers guys, but all being well i have done a deal on a set from North of the Border :beerchug:

Will still be looking for a single to make up a full set to use for winter, with winter tyres.

Hi, sounds like you guys are knowledgeable about Audi alloys and wheels.
I have the same problem as this guy, crack in the alloy and it is the same product code. That would be 8P0 801 025 S.
I have found a few alloys for sale with the product code 8P0 601 025 S. It seems to be the same wheel (from a picture) and it takes the same size tyre 225 40 18. Does anyone know how I can find out what the difference is? Could it be the 801 was for the German market?

8P0601025S 7.5 X 18 ET54 colour code IH7 used on the A3 2004 - 2009
Cant find 8P0801025S on ETKA and there are only about 3 hits for this on google on one site which leads me to think it's wrong.
There are over 14500 hits for 8P0601025S .

Hi Desertstorm
Thanks for this. I will check the other wheels, but the one I checked is an 8 not a 6, but it sounds like a 6 will do the job.

If its any use, I did pm you about having the wheel you are looking for.