rolling road graph

kevsn

3rd gear
Reaction score
hi all

i wanted to post my results from my rolling road but can work out how to upload the image

anyone know how:s3addict:

04092008054.jpg

thanks voorhees

i just couldnt work out how to do that

as below............................

I'm no really experienced enough to comment (but will anyway!)

Its good that you're making expected power but the graph does seem a bit irracted. Is this reflected on the road, as in irratic power delivery through the rev range?

I doubt you have a faulty MAF. When my MAF was faulty it was telling the ECU not much air was entering the engine, which sent in less fuel and so I was down on power. Because you are reaching expected power I guess your MAF is fine, unless it has an intermittent fault, i.e its connection to the ecu, but I think this is flagged in vagcom with a fault code (MAF doesn't log a fault when its mis-reading airflow, but it does if there is a signal problem to the ecu, like its unplugged).

not sure really the car seems to run ok. im not sure if it is has slight hesitant spots thru mid range revs but if it has its only very slight as its not totally noticable. its really hard to tell but it seems to go then hesitate only slightly then go and so on. ive just recently fitted a forge 007p dv and seems to boost different not sure if this is connected to this.

the guy who tested the car didnt seem too concerened about this just mentioned try changing the maf to smooth things out a bit

i dont know as im no expert on motors.

anyone have any other ideas as to why the graph seems a bit eratic

I would say that it is very erratic, when I had my A3 RR the graph was much smoother than that. I don't know why it is like that though. Do you have access to VAGCOM? If you do it might be worth logging requested vs actual boost to see what the plots look like.

i only have the free vagcom and dont have access to the full version

do you think it could be a boost issue?

I don't know, can you still log stuff with the free version?

im not sure mate its all new to me

would i have to log these on a run with vagcom connected

04092008057.jpg

heres the larger graph they gave me and i must admit looks slightly better

just notice on that graph theres 3 runs and the third run actually peaks at 280 bhp.

strange how they wouldnt give me that run in the print out as it seem more smooth and gets a higher bhp.

maybe he was just trying to get me to buy a maf off them. what u reckon

KEv, my graph was similar at my last RR session....still trying to sort it out..... next task is to check for boost leaks, ive changed the MAF and dump valve but still have the problem

didnt notice until the graph showed it and now can feel it when it happens...although probably twice or three occasions a week

yeah its a pain i didnt really notice it till the rr session either now its pis*ing me off.

wouldnt you hear boost leaks

im started to think its the forge dv i fitted, may have to try the standard one back in see how it goes. or maybe just something i have to live with:keule:

Kev, depends mate...... although id guess you'd notice the loss in power before hearing it....

im in the process of making a unit to pressurise the system upto 15psi as per a recent thread...... will give you an update once sorted

something worth checking is the T piece on top of the engine, you'll need to take the top cover off..... its right on top where the small piping is.... quite common im told and gave me issues with my fuelling

thanks mate, keep me posted on yours and ill check the t piece tomorrow in the daylight

Doesn't look like there is anything wrong, good power and torque from a standard turbo'd car.Did they supply boost and afr graphs as this may explain wavy dyno graph.

Kev your number plate is the same as mine but for the last two letters. Registered Sep 01 from the wolverhampton dealership by any chance?

yeah its a sept 01 but not sure where it came from the first service was done by lancaster audi

If you mean why you graph is jumping all over the show, it's because it was done in 4WD, The Haldex system plays havoc struggling to get grip, which causes a jittery graph, if he pulled the fuse for the 4WD it would me a much smoother graph but show lees power.

Quite a few garages don't run the S3 in 4WD because of this.

yeah it was done in 4wd. drove the car to work this morning and it feels fine. loving the cold air.

cheers:undwech:

S£;608025 said:
If you mean why you graph is jumping all over the show, it's because it was done in 4WD, The Haldex system plays havoc struggling to get grip, which causes a jittery graph, if he pulled the fuse for the 4WD it would me a much smoother graph but show lees power.

Not sure if this is relavant but our RR day at Prosport showed a wavey graph for me in 4wd but not for any of the 15 odd other S3's

S£;608025 said:

possible that these where done on 2wd rr with haldex system disabled

thats the point in using Awesome as they have the 4wd rollers so i would assume not.....3 of us with 8L's went to prosport subaru RR, 1 did 265, mine 235 and 225.....all mapped

Even garages with a 4WD RR will run it in 2WD, Mine was done at AMD, it's mapped, and produced 229 Bhp.

ours was defo done on 4wd....i seem to remember someone at the last S3 awesome day around May time, had to request a seperate run to do it on 2wd

just out of interest kevsn where did you get it RR'd? might give them a ring sometime. And also if youre ever in need of a vag com scan I have the full version :icon_thumright:

why are the remapped s3's not making anywhere near the quoted power?

just out of interest kevsn where did you get it RR'd? might give them a ring sometime. And also if youre ever in need of a vag com scan I have the full version :icon_thumright:

hi mate got mine done at motoscope in northallerton. it was £45 for power run.

really appreciate the offer for vagcom mate nice to know its there if i ever need it.:arco:

No probs! Ah ive heard of them before actually. Might take it down before I eventually get it remapped, just to make sure everythings hunky dory